BILLS - PHINS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

is it me or does the bills - dolphins rivalry not mean the same anymore??? when i was kid in the early 90's it may have been the best rivalry in the NFL. I guess the rivalry losing it's luster has to do with neither team being good for the last 9-10 years. I guess teams have to be good to make it a rivalry

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was listening to the howard simon show this mourning and they suggested that when the league re-aligned in '02 we should have been in a division with the steelers, browns and bengals. The more i think about that the more i think of how awesome that would be. The bills, browns and steelers have some of the most passionate and loyal fan bases and playing them 2x a year would be great

It's more of a one sided hatred then a rivalry, and even some of the younger generation is losing that hatred.

R.Rich pointed out why we hate the Dolphins with such passion. The Dolphin fans got a taste of that in the 90's when we returned the favor, but it wasn't enough to sustain a hatred for them.

i was born in 79 and hate the dolphins (as an entire franchise from the owner to the players to the tee-kid) more than any other team in any other sport.

So much so that it has grown into a revulsion for any team in any sport at any level that is from Florida.

i was listening to the howard simon show this mourning and they suggested that when the league re-aligned in '02 we should have been in a division with the steelers, browns and bengals. The more i think about that the more i think of how awesome that would be. The bills, browns and steelers have some of the most passionate and loyal fan bases and playing them 2x a year would be great

Agreed that would have been a nice alignment for some intense regional rivalries. Especially since they are all within a single days drive of each other. Those games would be electric.

However, the NFL looks at it schedule by television ratings not by tickets sold...that is a team issue...so they put the most marketable teams playing each other more often.

For some of us Bills fans, it will always be THE rivalry. Period.

0 for the 1970s

i agree for you "old timers" it's a great rivalry. But you have to stop living in the past and start living in the is. The younger generation who doesnt view it as a big rivalry anymore is the driving force of the league. The 15-30 fan base is not capture by the rivalry. if we were to re-align into a division with steelers, browns and bengals it would intensify everything from leading up to the game, the tailgaiting and the game itself. it would make things so much more interesting

I agree 110%. I think devoloping a rivalry with teams which are actually local would mean more to fans in the long run.

i agree for you "old timers" it's a great rivalry. But you have to stop living in the past and start living in the is. The younger generation who doesnt view it as a big rivalry anymore is the driving force of the league. The 15-30 fan base is not capture by the rivalry. if we were to re-align into a division with steelers, browns and bengals it would intensify everything from leading up to the game, the tailgaiting and the game itself. it would make things so much more interesting

For us "old timers" it's not as much as a rivalry as a deep rooted hate, granted it has been an on again off again rivalry, but only when the teams are at a comparable talent level. When one team sucks and the other is doing well you really can't be rivals in the truest form. In the last thirty odd years the Bills and that other team have certianly passed the "suckatude crown" back and forth a few times, but the wounds suffered as a young lad during the 0-fer 70's have not healed .... they will not heal ..... I hate the dolphins ...... I hate their uniforms ...... I hate their coaches ........ I hate their front office ..... I hate their owner ....... I hate their mascot ...... I hate orange and aqua ..... I hate the city of Miami ..... their cheerleaders ..... well I don't hate them as much, but I still hate them a little bit

For us "old timers" it's not as much as a rivalry as a deep rooted hate, granted it has been an on again off again rivalry, but only when the teams are at a comparable talent level. When one team sucks and the other is doing well you really can't be rivals in the truest form. In the last thirty odd years the Bills and that other team have certianly passed the "suckatude crown" back and forth a few times, but the wounds suffered as a young lad during the 0-fer 70's have not healed .... they will not heal ..... I hate the dolphins ...... I hate their uniforms ...... I hate their coaches ........ I hate their front office ..... I hate their owner ....... I hate their mascot ...... I hate orange and aqua ..... I hate the city of Miami ..... their cheerleaders ..... well I don't hate them as much, but I still hate them a little bit

As it has been said before

" I will only root for Miami when they play Al Queda"

Mind your manners, whippersnapper.. :thumbsup:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - even when it is wrong. I can't help it if SOME of the 15-30 fan base had bad parenting. :thumbsup: