What will the Bills do with their first round pick of 2009?

Orton's Arm

Expected first round preference  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you think the Bills will pick?

• Cornerback
    • Free Safety
    • Strong Safety

If they get a free agent DE or 2.....then I can see DB.

They may also need a C, a TE and a LB.

Right now, the DB situation is looking fairly solid, but, things change.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I have been, and remain, very realistic about JP. I neither worshiped him, nor bashed him. He is a football player, and to do either is foolish, IMO. But, I am not arrogant or ignorant enough to believe that I KNOW what a person's future will be.

Now, go away and get back to your senseless babbling.

You have a school girl crush on losman.

There was nothing natural about a guy defending a player the way you did in that lost achive , good thing for you we can't dig up those disturbing looks into your psychology.

BTW where are you posting from , one of those san fransico bars with your buddy TheSenator?

You have a school girl crush on losman.

There was nothing natural about a guy defending a player the way you did in that lost achive , good thing for you we can't dig up those disturbing looks into your psychology.

BTW where are you posting from , one of those san fransico bars with your buddy TheSenator?

Yes, the mystery is in the lost archive. Indeed.

I have to admit, for a troll, you are entertaining, sometimes.

There figures to be a bumber crop in next years' draft, given the CBA issues and impending doom. So there will be great value still available well into the third round. While still very early, it seems obvious that Ellis isn't panning out as a speed rushing DE/OLB and -IMO- it remains the top priority. A center has been on my holiday wish list for years now..

We have drafted DB ( 1st round CB, safety, 3rd round CB, safety, plus two holdovers have developed into good starters). We don't need DB's. We need interior o-line and defensive line upgrades. At LB we have Bowens and DiG returning & maybe Crow back (?). For TE we will see what we get out of Fine and Schoman- maybe get draft some ex-basketball power forwards. But DB? no need for that now.

I'd like to see the Bills find another playmaking LB, I think Crowell might have seen his last action as a Bill, and if we can add anther young quality LB to go with Poz & Kawika, with Ellison moving to backup and Special Teamer, which he would be great at with his speed...

Pass catching TE, for Red Zone downs, as we couldnt get one in free agency, I like Royal, but we need a change of pace TE to stretch the field.

DL, can never have enough DL, especially since McCargo looks like he'll be gone after the season.

In a cover 2 defense, the free and strong safety designations don't mean much. So, the issue is, do we need another "big" safety? Assuming Scott plays well, the answer is no, as you have scott, simpson and whitner, with wilson and Youboty as backups. we are done with this. As for corners, sign Greer and let McGee go after next year, as the big $$ need to be spent on TE and Peters this year. Reggie Corner and McKelvin take over along side Greer. Parrish and McKelvin return kicks. done . Stupid question by the original poster. The Bills are loaded in the secondary.

OUr needs are center (definately), Tight end (maybe), and DT (probably, as Cargo stinks) and LB

My poll was about what the bills will do with their 1st round pick in 2009, not what they should do with it. My own personal preferences are 1) OL, 2) DE, 3) TE, 4) LB. The absolute last thing I want to see this team do is use its pick on a member of the defensive secondary.

That said, this administration's draft-day priorities seem to be as follows:

1) defensive secondary . . .

2a) the rest of the defense

2b) offensive skill positions . . .

4) offensive line

Given this set of priorities, we have to ask ourselves will there be an excuse for this administration to use its first round pick on a DB, come draft day? I believe it will have several potential excuses, as I alluded to in my original post. Take the position of cornerback for example. Since 1993, the Bills have used first round picks on the following CBs: Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, and Leodis McKelvin. To a man, every player on that list either is in his first contract or else has gone first contract and out. Given this team's consistent refusal to pay the market rate for CBs, I could easily see the decision being made to let Greer and McGee both walk. And given its penchant for using first round picks to replace whichever CBs just left in free agency, I could easily imagine a first round pick being used to shore up that position. The other two most likely scenarios are drafting a safety to start alongside Whitner, and drafting a LB to replace Crowell once he goes first contract and out.

Believe me, I'd love it if I was wrong about this. I'd like nothing better than for the Bills to use their first round pick on a center like Mack. Maybe I've become jaded and cynical because of fifteen year of the Bills dumping first round positions into revolving door CBs while failing to build the offensive line, or a core of talented players to stay with the team for their entire careers.

Typical. :D

If you REALLY were interested in what people thought the Bills would do, you wouldn't have simply given defensive backs as an option. Contrary to your long-winded explanation this was simply a stunt to make a statement about what you FINALLY said at least something about in post #50.

You continue to be the butt end of a bad joke, HA.

If you REALLY were interested in what people thought the Bills would do, you wouldn't have simply given defensive backs as an option. Contrary to your long-winded explanation this was simply a stunt to make a statement about what you FINALLY said at least something about in post #50.

You continue to be the butt end of a bad joke, HA.

Sadly, he is correct.