How low will the stock market go under Obama?

Fingon

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you know the pythatorean theorem doen't mean you have a brain. The wizard didn't give him shiit.

Phuck it, let's just end it. I am not really pissed off today even though it appears. :w00t:

Any good sailing Chef? Since you have been in SF do you go out on the water much... Probably a little bit different than LA/SCal and heading out to the islands or Santa Catalina.

??

Phuck it, let's just end it. I am not really pissed off today even though it appears. :w00t:

Any good sailing Chef? Since you have been in SF do you go out on the water much... Probably a little bit different than LA/SCal and heading out to the islands or Santa Catalina.

??

Have not been out on the bay yet. I have to find someone experienced on that body of water before we go it alone. But man it sure looks like a blast out there (we live a block from the bay). We used to sail out of Dana Point in Orange county and mae only one trip to Catalina. I'm not crazy about sailing to Catalina from there because the heading is right into the prevailing wind so most people just motor over and then what's the point. My favorite place to sail though is the Caribbean, not so much for the wind (which is nice) but the water and the relaxed atmosphere. Sailing there is what hooked me.

Oh BTW I thought I had ended it with my the wizard didn't give him shiit line.

I do environmental due dilligence. We handle only commercial properties (businesses and apartment complexes). Most of the jobs in the last few months are pre-foreclosures whereas I had two in the previous three years.

That speaks volumes. Good info.

Have not been out on the bay yet. I have to find someone experienced on that body of water before we go it alone. But man it sure looks like a blast out there (we live a block from the bay). We used to sail out of Dana Point in Orange county and mae only one trip to Catalina. I'm not crazy about sailing to Catalina from there because the heading is right into the prevailing wind so most people just motor over and then what's the point. My favorite place to sail though is the Caribbean, not so much for the wind (which is nice) but the water and the relaxed atmosphere. Sailing there is what hooked me.

Oh BTW I thought I had ended it with my the wizard didn't give him shiit line.

Cool!

Remember MY TERMS. :P I didn't read your post until I posted. :flirt:

Anyway, the bay has a pretty big current doesn't it? Yet, it can't be antyhing worse than say sailing the Upper Niagara at Grand Island??

Cool!

Remember MY TERMS. :P I didn't read your post until I posted. :flirt:

Anyway, the bay has a pretty big current doesn't it? Yet, it can't be antyhing worse than say sailing the Upper Niagara at Grand Island??

But the currents are supposed to be huge. We've watched boats under full sail, full of wind but not really moving. That's a current. I've talked to people that have sailed all over the world and they say the bay is the best sailing they have ever done.

• 2 months later...
The Dow is not the economy. :unsure:

And Obama's got as little to do with this rally as he did with the decline after his inauguration. Less, even - necessary though it may have been, the administration pushing GM into bankruptcy and driving the stock price to zero was no small part of the early-year decline.

You're right the Dow is not the economy. But lets say an idex was the economy...how about the Nasdaq. The Nasdaq peaked at 5050 or something like that in March of 2000. If that index was the economy we'd still be in a mess today nearly 10 years later. With the Nasdaq closing today at 2172 it needs to climb another 130 percent just to get back to even. That could take another 10 years. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile the dollar weakens, and on a related note oil is $75

The weak dollar is the combined work of Bush and Obama. Dumbass mother!@#$ers. Neither one saw or sees the serious issues that a weak dollar causes.

But they will love touting the shrinking trade deficit.

I don't think this thread matters much. No matter how good the economy gets over the next couple years, the Obama haters are just always going to hate.

Just as your lot would not give credit to Bush for the quick recovery of the last worst recession since the depression.

Just as your lot would not give credit to Bush for the quick recovery of the last worst recession since the depression.

The Early 1980s recession? I suppose I could give credit to Bush if you showed me what he did to fix that.

See the fact that you think that dinky recession in 2001 was anything big (or big to recover from) just shows your ignorance. You called it "last worst recession since the depression". WTF?

By the way, why is there a recession at the start of every Republican presidency lately?

Just like the apologizers will always apologize.

LOL. Yes. Exactly. :worthy:

The Early 1980s recession? I suppose I could give credit to Bush if you showed me what he did to fix that.

See the fact that you think that dinky recession in 2001 was anything big (or big to recover from) just shows your ignorance. You called it "last worst recession since the depression". WTF?

By the way, why is there a recession at the start of every Republican presidency lately?

LOL. Yes. Exactly. :P

I think you meant at the END of every Republican presidency.

I think you meant at the END of every Republican presidency.

Just like Clintons Right? As soon as Bush came into office, what happened? That's right, the Tech bubble burst, then what happened? That's right, Greenspan lowered interest rates, and through Clintons Community Reinvestment Act, people who should of never qualified for home loans did, with super low interest rates, then what happened?

And who was the one before Clinton? That's right, Carter! Carter presided through the worst inflationary disaster we have seen in modern U.S history. Who cleaned his **** up? That's right, Reagan.

Nice try though :P