Mylar balloons - straight from hell

stevewin

What kind of hell-spawned balloons were these? - not only caused the original blackout but took out the backup as well?

Sunday, officials quickly switched Ralph Wilson Stadium to a backup system, but the balloons also got caught in those lines. Later, a utility pole caught on fire, creating a third delay.

This item also conjurs up all sorts of mental images:

Tammy Turnbull, of East Aurora, left the game around halftime, after her husband, James, had his socks and shoes soaked with urine in a pitch-black men’s room.

WTF? What the hell were those people doing in there - just whipping it out and pissing on anything that moved? :ph34r: Did anyone else who attended the game get urine-soaked?

BN - Blackout

not that bad?? lol

i was there and it was pitch black...people were using lighters and their cellphones for some sort of illumination and it didn't really help

using the urinals was bad enough, but i shudder to think of what became of those poor ba$tards who had to...um...purge solids

WTF? What the hell were those people doing in there - just whipping it out and pissing on anything that moved? :ph34r: Did anyone else who attended the game get urine-soaked?

Many times I have seen guys so freaking drunk they were pissing in the sinks, the floor and anywhere else close to the bathrooms and this was when the power was working. Between that and getting puked on its an annual event I look forward to

I only caught a slight splash of piss...but it was on my friggin elbow? Then I realized the guy next to me had some fire hose action going on, and he was hitting the top and side of the pee trough = blow back. Fortunately most of it was hitting him and not me. :ph34r: But, I was lucky. There were people yelling out about getting pissed on all around me. As I left and walked back into the sun, I felt like a survivor...

But, I was lucky. There were people yelling out about getting pissed on all around me. As I left and walked back into the sun, I felt like a survivor...

"I'm hit! - I'm hit!"

For some reason this made me think of the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.....

not that bad?? lol

i was there and it was pitch black...people were using lighters and their cellphones for some sort of illumination and it didn't really help

using the urinals was bad enough, but i shudder to think of what became of those poor ba$tards who had to...um...purge solids

I only caught a slight splash of piss...but it was on my friggin elbow? Then I realized the guy next to me had some fire hose action going on, and he was hitting the top and side of the pee trough = blow back. Fortunately most of it was hitting him and not me. :ph34r: But, I was lucky. There were people yelling out about getting pissed on all around me. As I left and walked back into the sun, I felt like a survivor...

GD, that is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time, LOL!!!!

Firehose, blow back, piss on the elbow. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was great

"I'm hit! - I'm hit!"

For some reason this made me think of the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.....

That's what I was going for, and that's exactly what it reminded me of, kinda like dealing with artillery, you just find a spot, stay there, and pray you don't get hit, because one spot is as good as any other. One poor guy came out with a piss stain from his just below his butt to his heels.

This calls into question the limits one will go to support your team. Everybody knows your fanhood (and manhood) is called in to question when you leave a game early. Jim Kelly proposed, and made it a Man Law Crime, to leave the scene of a game early.

But with urine soaked shoes and socks? Tough one there. But (bear with me here) how many of you would allow someone to piss all over your shoes and socks if you were guaranteed to watch a game like the one that happened on Sunday? Guaranteed! I'm sure there are some here who would eat sh*t if they knew the Bills would win a game in that fashion.

As sick as it sounds (and embarrassingly), I think I would be the first one to sign up for the pee on my leg proposition. The sh*t eating might go too far though. I'll reserve that for the Super Bowl.

In other News, how pissed (haha play on words) does Mr. Trumbull have to be at his wife after opening the paper and reading about how she airs his dirty laundry (LITERALLY!) to the rest of Western New York. I'm sure he's getting ribbed about it at work as we speak. But he should be! You never leave the scene of the game until its absolutely over.

Jim Kelly says so. It's Man Law. Jim Kelly's word is the final say. Therefore, it is a punishable offense. Since this guy probably planned to leave early anyways (and since he shows a propensity to leave) he got what he deserved.

Awwwww you young wipper snappers ........

Why I remember back in the day at the ol' Rockpile when yellow rivers would cascade down the isles ..... women in the mens room ....... men in any convienient corner, and that was when everything was working as they were supposed to.

It was bad ....... reallllllllll bad

Leaving the game just because your shoes are filled with a little recycled beer??????? What's up with that????? Take your shoes and socks off and watch the rest of the game like a man :ph34r:

Awwwww you young wipper snappers ........

Why I remember back in the day at the ol' Rockpile when yellow rivers would cascade down the isles ..... women in the mens room ....... men in any convienient corner, and that was when everything was working as they were supposed to.

It was bad ....... reallllllllll bad

Leaving the game just because your shoes are filled with a little recycled beer??????? What's up with that????? Take your shoes and socks off and watch the rest of the game like a man :ph34r:

hell at the rockpil some woman didnt even bother with the mens rooms. What a place get pissed on inside and mugged outside, oh the glory days

not that bad?? lol

Hmm. I'm in section 332 so I just climbed the stairs and only used the urinals at the top of the stadium. Barely no wait too. I had seven beers so I used them a lot and I can tell you for sure that you could see fine in those.

This calls into question the limits one will go to support your team. Everybody knows your fanhood (and manhood) is called in to question when you leave a game early. Jim Kelly proposed, and made it a Man Law Crime, to leave the scene of a game early.

But with urine soaked shoes and socks? Tough one there. But (bear with me here) how many of you would allow someone to piss all over your shoes and socks if you were guaranteed to watch a game like the one that happened on Sunday? Guaranteed! I'm sure there are some here who would eat sh*t if they knew the Bills would win a game in that fashion.

As sick as it sounds (and embarrassingly), I think I would be the first one to sign up for the pee on my leg proposition. The sh*t eating might go too far though. I'll reserve that for the Super Bowl.

In other News, how pissed (haha play on words) does Mr. Trumbull have to be at his wife after opening the paper and reading about how she airs his dirty laundry (LITERALLY!) to the rest of Western New York. I'm sure he's getting ribbed about it at work as we speak. But he should be! You never leave the scene of the game until its absolutely over.

Jim Kelly says so. It's Man Law. Jim Kelly's word is the final say. Therefore, it is a punishable offense. Since this guy probably planned to leave early anyways (and since he shows a propensity to leave) he got what he deserved.

Interesting points - I didn't really consider whether leaving because of urine-soaked clothing would be considered a shameful act or not. Perhaps whether it was self-imposed or not should factor in...the article isn't clear on whether James Turnbull actually wet himself... :bag:

gentlemen...what a fantastic thread this is turning into! :bag::wallbash:

i'm sorry i missed the game, but i am really glad i didn't get pissed on from my ass to my elbow, or whatever, in order to watch it...i suppose if it had happened i would have wandered out into the sunshine and just waited for it to dry. it can't be toomuch worse than some of the hose-downs i've gotten from our baby over these past ten months.

Tips for not getting peed on:

Use a bathroom with 2 doors-the one door bathroom is too dark for any man to be around other guys with their Jaurons out.

Most important-get to the end of the urinal, aka the corner. You only have 1 guy next to you and you can keep a pretty good distance. Plus you can use you legs to help position yourself.

Don't try to use the sink to wash your hands-guys are peeing in there because it's closest to the door & they can see where they're going. If you really want to be safe & see-go ahead, pee in the sink.

I used the bathroom once during the blackout and came out unscathed.

Guest dog14787
I would like to think I would realize somebody was pissing on me before my shoes and socks were soaked with urine. Here is a safety tip, if you suspect someone is pissing on you, move.

How about this for a safety tip , put emergency lights in the restrooms so nobody gets hurt or catches a disease from the unsanitary conditions.

How hard would it be to get emergency back up lights in the bathrooms? Or get a generator going for the two locker rooms at half time?

Who is in charge of the stadium operations? What a joke, geeesh, everyones lucky there wasn't more serious injuries and lawsuites filed.

Now imagine this being a powerless dome stadium, after the worst hurricane in US History, for a week.

Then thank God you didn't live in New Orleans during Katrina!

I thank God I dont live in New Orleans, period.

Hmm. I'm in section 332 so I just climbed the stairs and only used the urinals at the top of the stadium. Barely no wait too. I had seven beers so I used them a lot and I can tell you for sure that you could see fine in those.

How long does it take for your pee to reach the ground?

With a quick pee could you finish before it got there?

Was the wind a factor?

:rolleyes:

Scott...I hearby nominate this tread to the TBD Hall of Fame. Rarely in one place have so many astute observations and classic one-liners been uttered.

Tammy Turnbull, of East Aurora, left the game around halftime, after her husband, James, had his socks and shoes soaked with urine in a pitch-black men’s room. “We didn’t feel safe,” Tammy Turnbull said.

So many questions...who wanted to leave after the soaking incident, Tammy or James? And if James was the victim, why the heck is Tammy doing all the talking? Has James been so traumatized by the incident that he's been rendered speechless, or is he too busy wringing the piss out of his socks? And lastly, why is this Tammy the only person who complained? She sure does have a lot of bad things to say about our Bills. And what of the reports of Tammy and James walking around before the game with a big bunch of mylar-coated balloons, only to have them "accidentally" released when James was startled by a small dog peeing on his leg (trouble seems to follow this man everywhere).

WTF? What the hell were those people doing in there - just whipping it out and pissing on anything that moved? :lol: Did anyone else who attended the game get urine-soaked?

BN - Blackout

When the power goes out, fans must whip it!

Whip it out!

It's never too dark...

To whip it!

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...390&hl=devo