Cross Denver off the "legit contender" list...

eball

Did Shanahan even bother to tell the team there was a game last night? Pathetic. Absolutely NO defense.

The "true" AFC contenders are Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Diego, Tennessee, and, yes, Buffalo. Indy will probably find a way to make the playoffs as well.

If you're scoring at home (and even if you're alone), the Bills are 2-0 against this group.

What a wacky year in the AFC.

Bronco's were already off my list. Can't stop anyone and Cutler is more a blowhard than great QB. I don't take much from that game as neither team is worthy of their press clippings, IMO. I don't think either team will even make the playoffs this year.

It would have been great if the Broncos beat the Pats, giving us a 2 game lead in the AFC East. Instead, they get their butts kicked big time on national tv.

This year has really been "Any given Sunday". The Titans appear to be the only dominant team in the NFL, but I still think they are beatable. Now that the Broncos lost, I think we could beat every team left on our regular schedule. I'm not saying we're gonna go 15-1, but I feel we could beat the other teams we have to face this year.

Yes, but on other boards, I am sure that someone wrote off the Bills after the debacle in the desert against the Cardinals.

Last night was a national televised game, on the road against a team that has pride and strong veteran leadership, Denver has an QB injury on the first snap possibly changing the ability of Cutler to make throws.

I wouldn't count Denver out yet and I won't crown the Cheats* AFC Champs yet either. Plenty of games to go,

As we're starting to find out, we lost to a VERY good Arizona team.

The same Arizona team obliterated by the Jets?

As someone said, its all parity, a team can look great one week and look like afterbirth the next. Denver isn't as bad as they looked, and NE* isnt as strong as they looked.

Bronco's were already off my list.

Mine too. As painful as it was, I had to bet on the pats -3 last night. I hate rooting for those a-holes, but I like making money even more. The fact is, you can't win games against well coached teams, especially on the road, if you have ZERO run defense, and anyone who watched the broncos play jacksonville or san diego (two teams who had no prayer of running the ball against us), saw what a pathetic run defense looks like. I haven't seen a run d that bad since the 05 bills. Denver will be able to win some games by outscoring teams when everythings clicking for them on offense. Hell, it might even happen against us. But no way a team with that defense is going to win games consistently. That was apparent before last night, and its blatantly obvious now.

So what do we think of the Pats* defense? It's hard to say, seeing as they gave up 7 to the Broncos but 35 to the Fins...

They're average. The dolphins game was a unique situation because the unveiled that wild cat offense for the first time and the pats were completely caught off guard. You cant underestimate the effect it has on a team when you have to completely throw your gameplan out the window. On the other hand, the broncos were able to move the ball pretty easily early, but got in a deep hole because of turnovers and had to play catch up.

Denver isn't as bad as they looked, and NE* isnt as strong as they looked.
Which is why the upside to last night's game is that Denver lost. I think in the long term of this season, Denver has a better chance of making the playoffs than NE*, assuming that Champ Bailey returns. So given our chances to make the playoffs this year, we need to see teams like Denver take some conference losses early to account for the time when they start playing better ball in the second half of the year.

I have to wonder to what extent Cutler's finger was hurting last night because the whole world knew that you beat NE* by attacking the secondary. They seemed totally run happy. Meanwhile, the Bronco defense essentially quit in the middle of the third quarter.

The same Arizona team obliterated by the Jets?

As someone said, its all parity, a team can look great one week and look like afterbirth the next. Denver isn't as bad as they looked, and NE* isnt as strong as they looked.

I watched that Jets game, and the Cardinals killed themselves with TOs in the first half. Otherwise, they were pretty much unstoppable, and should have scored 42 points (instead of 35) in the second half alone if it hadn't been for the savage helmet-to-helmet shot on Boldin. 42 points in one half on the road - think about it.

Yes, but on other boards, I am sure that someone wrote off the Bills after the debacle in the desert against the Cardinals.

Last night was a national televised game, on the road against a team that has pride and strong veteran leadership, Denver has an QB injury on the first snap possibly changing the ability of Cutler to make throws.

I wouldn't count Denver out yet and I won't crown the Cheats* AFC Champs yet either. Plenty of games to go,

What he said.