Whitner disses JP in a roundabout way...

Big Turk

Hey Donte, did you see K.Mitchell actually go out there and make a play? You win games by causing turnovers and not letting the offense run past you. The game is not won on Thursday night at your house, during your pre or post game comments or making a tackle 10 yards deep in the end zone after the WR blows past you! What a joke, to make JP a scapegoat for an AWFUL defense and a poor gameplan. How about calling out the Dline? Or PF? How about taking a look at yourself because I have never heard a true leader make a comment about a BACKUP QB like that. Gee Donte, if you the lose "leadership" part of your game, what else do you got?

Why are we even talking about JP, he is a BACKUP! Trent is a future star! Donte is a blowhard! Enough said!

... what he said.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Edwards did start the game. He lasted 3 plays. He is supposed to tuck the ball and take the sack like a man, rather then trying to play superhero when he is late in getting the ball out on a naked blitz. gotta blame him for that- he very likely could have fumbled or thrown a INT there. Edward is a very good QB and much better than Losman and maybe even most of the QB's in the league- even right now. BUT Whitner is full of XXX on his comments. Two games ago, the defense kept us in the game and gave the ball to the offense six times on the Bills 40 or closer to the endzone than that. (result was 1 TD and 2 FG's). Against the Cards, they let the Cards score on their first 6 possessions. Losman doesn't play defense. Whitner is making excuses for their poor showing against the Cards.

You know what, it's great that the team has confidence in Edwards. I do too. But him getting hurt shouldn't be an excuse for that absolutely abysmal display I saw from the defense last week. Trent Edwards being out did not lead to Arizona scoring every time they had the ball in the first half.

Not even close. For as much as I love Whitner as a leader and player, sometimes you just need to shut your trap, Donte. Even Ray Charles could see the jailhouse pounding that the Cardinals gave to the defense, and to suggest that a change in quarterback would have been the difference maker, while ridiculous enough as a fan statement, is just embarrassing to have it come out of the mouth of a defensive player.

Not even close. For as much as I love Whitner as a leader and player, sometimes you just need to shut your trap, Donte. Even Ray Charles could see the jailhouse pounding that the Cardinals gave to the defense, and to suggest that a change in quarterback would have been the difference maker, while ridiculous enough as a fan statement, is just embarrassing to have it come out of the mouth of a defensive player.

And is this because you're defensive about JP?

If I remember correctly, Edwards did start the game. He lasted 3 plays. He is supposed to tuck the ball and take the sack like a man, rather then trying to play superhero when he is late in getting the ball out on a naked blitz. gotta blame him for that- he very likely could have fumbled or thrown a INT there. Edward is a very good QB and much better than Losman and maybe even most of the QB's in the league- even right now. BUT Whitner is full of XXX on his comments. Two games ago, the defense kept us in the game and gave the ball to the offense six times on the Bills 40 or closer to the endzone than that. (result was 1 TD and 2 FG's). Against the Cards, they let the Cards score on their first 6 possessions. Losman doesn't play defense. Whitner is making excuses for their poor showing against the Cards.

He completed that pass on 3rd down for a 1st down. Yeah, that was a terrible play by Edwards. Are you kidding?

When playing a high power offense, they are going to score. You need your offense to sustain drives to your D can get some breathers, and to keep the opposing O off the field. When you consistantly going 3 and out, 6 and out, you are putting your D in a horrible position.

When playing a high power offense, they are going to score. You need your offense to sustain drives to your D can get some breathers, and to keep the opposing O off the field. When you consistantly going 3 and out, 6 and out, you are putting your D in a horrible position.

and the defense never stopped the high powered offense ... pretty much the whole game. the defensive players get paid, too.

And is this because you're defensive about JP?

Gee, who left the screen door open?

Look, I've never been critical of Edwards. I've been critical of the way Losman was handled. My concern wasn't about "Oooh, I want Losman to start. My feelings are hurt." My concern was that he was not being given a proper chance; not by management, and especially not by Fairchild. And as a result, my concern was that we'd see the same treatment with Edwards. I have repeatedly said you can NOT treat young quarterbacks like that and expect inspirational play.

But I get it. Some of you said early on that Edwards would be a really good quarterback, and it looks like he will be, and for some reason which I'm sure goes back to the bottle, some of you find it necessary to look at 5-1, a big win against a good team, and first place in the AFC East, and yell "See, I told you JP sucked."

Really. Wow. Impressive. Such value that adds to the fun times we're trying to have.

Again, why make excuses for the D? Are you telling me that the D was to tired to sack one of the NFL's most sacked QB's? Do you forget that Mike Gandy was playing LT that game. They could not cause one TO against a team that was turning the ball over in bunches before that game? Would you not agree that the D should NOT be exhausted in the first half when the Cards put 24 on us in cosecutive drives? Come on! Take a look at the drive chart and show me where the Bills could have sustained drives. When Fowler whiffed on his guy? Should JP not have gone to the bomb so early in the drive? Is an 8 play TD drive bad? The Bills had TWO POSSESSIONS in the 3rd quarter, one was a scoring drive and the other was a ROYAL FUMBLE...ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE DRIVE!!! HOW DO YOU SUSTAIN A DRIVE WHEN YOUR DEFENSE CANT GET OFF OF THE FIELD? Maybe if Donte could make a play for ONCE! One ESPN highlight type play in the 1st half of that game and we have a shot! And for all of you who say that we want ESPN Highlight plays out of Donte, did you watch SC this morning? I saw Mitchell with a pick and a sack that won the game. WHEN HAS DONTE EVEN COME CLOSE TO DOING THAT? NOTHING RIGHT? GOOD, SHUT UP DONTE AND PLAY THE GAME- LET JP POUT ON THE BENCH- AND MAKE A F :angry: ING PLAY FOR ONCE IN YOUR CAREER!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Drive Summaries

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT

15:00 1 02:37 BUF 25 5 13 Fumble

09:52 1 03:57 BUF 20 6 25 Punt

14:15 2 02:06 BUF 17 3 83 Touchdown?

05:51 2 04:05 BUF 37 8 63 Touchdown ?

12:38 3 03:03 BUF 44 5 26 Field Goal?

02:28 3 00:00 BUF 34 1 13 Fumble?

Again, why make excuses for the D? Are you telling me that the D was to tired to sack one of the NFL's most sacked QB's? Do you forget that Mike Gandy was playing LT that game. They could not cause one TO against a team that was turning the ball over in bunches before that game? Would you not agree that the D should NOT be exhausted in the first half when the Cards put 24 on us in cosecutive drives? Come on! Take a look at the drive chart and show me where the Bills could have sustained drives. When Fowler whiffed on his guy? Should JP not have gone to the bomb so early in the drive? Is an 8 play TD drive bad? The Bills had TWO POSSESSIONS in the 3rd quarter, one was a scoring drive and the other was a ROYAL FUMBLE...ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE DRIVE!!! HOW DO YOU SUSTAIN A DRIVE WHEN YOUR DEFENSE CANT GET OFF OF THE FIELD? Maybe if Donte could make a play for ONCE! One ESPN highlight type play in the 1st half of that game and we have a shot! And for all of you who say that we want ESPN Highlight plays out of Donte, did you watch SC this morning? I saw Mitchell with a pick and a sack that won the game. WHEN HAS DONTE EVEN COME CLOSE TO DOING THAT? NOTHING RIGHT? GOOD, SHUT UP DONTE AND PLAY THE GAME- LET JP POUT ON THE BENCH- AND MAKE A F :angry: ING PLAY FOR ONCE IN YOUR CAREER!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Drive Summaries

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT

15:00 1 02:37 BUF 25 5 13 Fumble

09:52 1 03:57 BUF 20 6 25 Punt

14:15 2 02:06 BUF 17 3 83 Touchdown?

05:51 2 04:05 BUF 37 8 63 Touchdown ?

12:38 3 03:03 BUF 44 5 26 Field Goal?

02:28 3 00:00 BUF 34 1 13 Fumble?

:thumbsup:

okeydokey then

We'd be undefeated now just like Tennesee.

Too bad Edwards got hurt.

Too bad our D was on the bench sipping Gatorade and looking at the scoreboard...Maybe if they tackled and took their heads out their a**es we'd be at 6-0 - just like the Titans...

I'm an Edwards guy - NOW - but c'mon for a Defensive leader to come out and say that...That's just scapegoating...

Look, I've never been critical of Edwards. I've been critical of the way Losman was handled. My concern wasn't about "Oooh, I want Losman to start. My feelings are hurt." My concern was that he was not being given a proper chance; not by management, and especially not by Fairchild. And as a result, my concern was that we'd see the same treatment with Edwards. I have repeatedly said you can NOT treat young quarterbacks like that and expect inspirational play.

But I get it. Some of you said early on that Edwards would be a really good quarterback, and it looks like he will be, and for some reason which I'm sure goes back to the bottle, some of you find it necessary to look at 5-1, a big win against a good team, and first place in the AFC East, and yell "See, I told you JP sucked."

Really. Wow. Impressive. Such value that adds to the fun times we're trying to have.

LA, you always were the most reasonable of the JP supporters, so I address this to you.

I don't know why Whitner said this. Maybe he was simply caught up in the moment. Maybe it was some sort of "message" to Evans, who owes a lot of his stats to JP. Offensive and defensive players are not always that close, even on the same team. I agree that blasting JP serves no purpose now.

Still, some of the loyal JP Fans do continue on. Twice today I have seen Trent blamed for getting sacked against Arizona. One even blamed him for getting hurt, calling it a "poor decision." :angry::thumbsup:

Like you said, these are fun times, and the thing to do is savor them, because things can go bad in a hurry if we are not lucky.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why Whitner said this. Maybe he was simply caught up in the moment. Maybe it was some sort of "message" to Evans, who owes a lot of his stats to JP. Offensive and defensive players are not always that close, even on the same team. I agree that blasting JP serves no purpose now.

I think Whitner wanted to give Edwards a compliment and didn't really think through the implications of what he was saying. Don't get me wrong, he very well may not think much of JP. But I would hope a team captain wouldn't publicly dis a teammate.

I hear what You're saying LA...

But I think part of what You said is what still sticks in the craw of the Pro-Edwards/Anti-JP bunch...Lets face it, there were some around here during the debate (on both sides) who dug in their heels...And I don't think they buy the "mishandling" excuse for JP...I'm not saying it's right or wrong...But I am saying it's usually the defense that is used for those who still wish to defend JP...And I have My doubts about that defense as well to be honest...I guess we'll see if He ever gets the chance elsewhere in a stable situation for a few Years...We'll see...

I do think that JP got a bit brainwashed by prior OC's...I think Fairchild was partially to blame for that...Wyche too...I think they took a lot of the gunslinger out of JP and most importantly while trying to get Him not to Run as much they somehow made him think if He left the pocket He would be gunned down by snipers...But even with all that I think JP's problems are FAR deeper...I think He's the type of QB who can look at the Film and break it all down to a tee, then He gets on the Field and he just can't process the info fast enough...I think He reads Defenses too slow and the clock in his head is too slow as well...I think too many of His trhows are low and He does not put the ball where the receiver is expecting it with enough consistancy...I think He has a tendency that kills SO many QB's in that He tends to move laterally in the Pocket instead of stepping up in it...I think this tendency moves him right into the path of the Pass Rush all to often instead of avoiding it with a subtle move or two...I think these tendencies are Coach killers...But that's just My opinion...

Anyway...Like I said we'll see how JP comes out of all this in a Year or two...He's still Young and He definitely has some of the tools OC's crave...I'm just not convinced He can be Coached up enough to be a consistant winner as a Starting QB in the NFL...But who knows? I know He'll be a great back-up cause He's a smart Guy and I think He helps out a lot during the week...I wish Him the best of luck regardless...I think He's a good Kid... :lol:

Donte Whitner has said what a lot of fans have thought about the Bills offense under JP the past few years in an interview after the game today:

"Trent is playing as well or better than any quarterback in this league right now," said safety Donte Whitner, "as far as getting the ball out, not turning the ball over and being efficient with what he's doing.

"I'm very confident in Trent. In the past it was tough because you didn't know exactly what you were going to get from the offense. You didn't know if you were going to get points, so you almost had to play perfect on the defense side of the ball. And once you try to play perfect, you make mistakes.

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that.

Where's the link for this interview? The link I got HERE Only says one or 2 of your lines. Or did you make all this up?

Yes, all of my posts were deleted for saying the same things as well ... many times. The so-called experts don't like being called out or proven wrong on things they just can't see past their love for JP. The guy will never be better than an average QB (remember when the same people said Willis would make Probowl after leaving the Bills, that Rob Johnson was better than Flutie, that JP gave us a better chance than Trent, etc)

\

JP could still go and have a very nice NFL career somewhere. Don't count the guy out.

Those of us that supported JP as the starter last year did so in part because Edwards didn't do much last year (particularly in the last few games of the season) to show he should be the starter. What I said during the off-season was that the debate about Trent being the starter could be easily resolved if Trent played on the field like he deserved to be there and so far this year he's proving that he deserves to be a starter in the NFL and that's great. Trent's play has no bearing at all on whether or not JP is also a capable starter. Only JP's play (in Buffalo or somewhere else) will determine that.

Chance are this team would have been 6-0 right now if Edwards didn't get hurt.

Anways everyone knew that as soon as Losman got in there we would lose.

Which makes me wonder why he was kept as a backup in the first place.

If Edwards gets hurt at the finish of the season before the playoffs start this will be a wasted season.

This whole Losman deal is a fiasco as far as I'm concerned.

Again I cannot figure out why they kept that loser around as a backup.

Chance are this team would have been 6-0 right now if Edwards didn't get hurt.

Anways everyone knew that as soon as Losman got in there we would lose.

Which makes me wonder why he was kept as a backup in the first place.

If Edwards gets hurt at the finish of the season before the playoffs start this will be a wasted season.

This whole Losman deal is a fiasco as far as I'm concerned.

Again I cannot figure out why they kept that loser around as a backup.

You my friend sound like the loser. Did you watch the AZ game? The QB play was not the difference in that game. Please.

You my friend sound like the loser. Did you watch the AZ game? The QB play was not the difference in that game. Please.

Yeah I seen him turning the ball over.

He had one nice deep pass to Evans and looked irratic in spots like he always does.

This team is not good enough to overcome his errors.

If you think this team can function with that clown at QB you are certainly as much as loser as he is.