Power Outage at RWS?

mcjeff215

Hey in a few weeks, the NFL will be promoting this game:

Bills VS Chargers - "The Lost Film" - Never before televised plays from when the Buffalo Bills squashed the mighty San Diego Chargers. :censored:

Except when there was no power, apparently there were no cameras running either, at least for CBS.

No freaking pimping of every product at every whistle. No sound bites and songs for the most part. If you are a true fan and can pay attention to the game....it was like going to your son's junior high game, only with 70,000 and no scoreboard whatsoever. I would pay an extra $10 a game for that sweet silence between plays.

And no TV Time Outs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except when there was no power, apparently there were no cameras running either, at least for CBS.

And no TV Time Outs.

When they came back after the first outage they had footage of Lindell's first FG and the Chargers first TD, so I would suspect that they had some cameras with batteries, just couldn't transmit to the satellites.

When they came back after the first outage they had footage of Lindell's first FG and the Chargers first TD, so I would suspect that they had some cameras with batteries, just couldn't transmit to the satellites.

I was there and noticed the cameras on the sideline still going up and down the field on their mobile units..

A Mylar freaking balloon took out an entire power grid...outrageous!!! Has anyone ever heard of a backup generator like they have at hospitals? I think that needs to be looked at seriously.

I think the Bills and the NFL owe us a freebie next time a game is not sold out they broadcast it anyway (I know that will never happen but they owe it to us).

I was there and noticed the cameras on the sideline still going up and down the field on their mobile units..

I was watching the guys above the suites at the scoreboard endzone. Whenever there was no power, they were just sitting there. That's why I suspected there would have been no footage. Good to know there was some cameras working.

it was pitch black in the bathrooms...I think I was violated....luckily I went into the lady's room by mistake

Right, but that just means the dude violating you thought you were a chick. The laws of nature say that doesn't make HIM fruity if I've read them right.

It was a pretty cool game to listen to even though it was covered on cell phones. It was pretty awesome without all of the commercialization.

Nationally we saw the first series, about 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter (up to the 2 minute warning), and then from 8:00 left in the 3rd. At least we saw the two Bills TDs live.

Same here in Oregon.

I was so pissed. But hey, we beat the f-cking chargers and are sitting in first at 5-1! :censored:

I realized that because of the blackout there couldn't be any replay challenges. It's a good thing we didn't get screwed by the refs during the blackout.

I had to revert to looking at the down markers on the sidelines for some plays.

The key to successfully navigating the bathrooms was to get to a corner of the urinal. At halftime I went to the upper deck because they're always less crowded & was able to reach a corner, then it was as if I was blind, that's how dark it was. I didn't even try the bathroom by my seat, way too dark.

Nationally we saw the first series, about 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter (up to the 2 minute warning), and then from 8:00 left in the 3rd. At least we saw the two Bills TDs live.

yeah that's what i saw...

First Bills game i can see live since last season... second i can see in more than 3 seasons and THIS!! My TV is lucky my wife was there watching or i think it'd have ended through the living room window....

Niagara Mohawk used to keep a truck by the stadium on game days so they could quickly fix a situation like yesterdays.

I herd they discontinued the practice this year because they did not want to pay double-time for someone to sit in a truck all day on Sunday.

Niagara Mohawk used to keep a truck by the stadium on game days so they could quickly fix a situation like yesterdays.

I herd they discontinued the practice this year because they did not want to pay double-time for someone to sit in a truck all day on Sunday.

The stadium is the area serviced by NYSEG.

When my wife called NYSEG they said the power would be back on around 4pm.

To bad the Bills did not go over to the Native Pride tailgate party (Drive 2) and tow the HUGE generater that they use, over to the CBS trailers.

I was watching the guys above the suites at the scoreboard endzone. Whenever there was no power, they were just sitting there. That's why I suspected there would have been no footage. Good to know there was some cameras working.

Was Bellicheat and HIS film crew at the game?...That would be the way to obtain film of the game...Call the Pats*

We had about 70 Bills fans in our Sports Bar. During the first outage we were getting updates via computers and cell phones so it was kind of cool. Then the bar owner found the radio signal and we got to listen to it.

Not one Bills fan left that bar.