Brady's knee is infected

Rubes

Post surgical infections are no joke. While its not uncommon in orthopaedic surgeries (lots of soft tissue and joint manipulation, some are longer cases), it would be interesting to know if this was an open surgery or not.

In any case, depending on the infectious etiology, the results can sometimes be bad. If he has MRSA (methicillin resistant S. Aureus), some bugs take long to heal or cause a bit of damage on their way out. A college basketball player (George, the 7'7") guy just had half his foot amputated and ended his basketball career.

I'm sure that Brady was not your typical 65 year old that sits at home and comes in to the doc after a week with pain with a brewing infection and that, rather, this was picked up very quickly. He'll probably clear up and be ok but the situation does warrant close evaluation. The fact that they needed to do a second surgery (probably to debride the infected area) is significant and indicates that the infection did not respond to intravenous antibiotics alone.

Keep a close eye. If I was a Pats fan, I'd be at least a little bit concerned and hope to god its some easily treatable strain of bacteria.

Post surgical infections are no joke. While its not uncommon in orthopaedic surgeries (lots of soft tissue and joint manipulation, some are longer cases), it would be interesting to know if this was an open surgery or not.

In any case, depending on the infectious etiology, the results can sometimes be bad. If he has MRSA (methicillin resistant S. Aureus), some bugs take long to heal or cause a bit of damage on their way out. A college basketball player (George, the 7'7") guy just had half his foot amputated and ended his basketball career.

I'm sure that Brady was not your typical 65 year old that sits at home and comes in to the doc after a week with pain with a brewing infection and that, rather, this was picked up very quickly. He'll probably clear up and be ok but the situation does warrant close evaluation. The fact that they needed to do a second surgery (probably to debride the infected area) is significant and indicates that the infection did not respond to intravenous antibiotics alone.

Keep a close eye. If I was a Pats fan, I'd be at least a little bit concerned and hope to god its some easily treatable strain of bacteria.

Good thing Cassel has been playing light out

one human being to another...i hope they get it cleared up. those things are dangerous.

College football player down your way actually died from MRSA a couple of years ago, no? I remember reading the story ...

And division rival or no, I agree: I'm not going to B word at anyone else for doing so, but this isn't something I can joke about.

It's pretty damn scary. If a professional athlete, a guy in better shape than 99.9999% of any of the general population, a guy who has access to the best doctors and hospitals in the entire world can get a post surgical infection than anyone can. Certainly drives home that no surgery is "routine".

IMO anybody who laughs at this and is happy about another man's agonizing pain should have to feel that pain themselves.

What do you suppose this board's reaction would be if someone posted a link to a Pats* message board making fun of TE for his concussion and saying they were glad it happened? We'd call them as*holes right?

So don't be as*holes. Hate the Patriots, not an injured member of their team that's never done anything to you or the Bills.

This sounds serious, I'd amputate.

Does anyone remember the old Phil hendrie show??? When he was out of Miami he used to spread rumors about marino getting his foot amputated....I mean it sounds sick--but you'd have to know the context..

College football player down your way actually died from MRSA a couple of years ago, no? I remember reading the story ...

And division rival or no, I agree: I'm not going to B word at anyone else for doing so, but this isn't something I can joke about.

honestly it does not ring a bell, but i have read a lot lately about the enormous rise in antibiotic resistant bugs... it is just very scary and dangerous and yes, LIFE THREATENING. so i hope they get a handle on this a.s.a.p.