I am sorry but I am just not feeling confident

Cornerville

I thought the "elite" label was a bit too much, but if you think about it....San Diego gets a lot of good press despite their record (they really should be 4-2) and they have big names (LT, Gates, Rivers). Talent-wise, they are one of the better teams in the league and their D is solid even without Merriman. This would be a HUGE win and make a lot of the pundits think the Bills are for real.

Considering this is my annual trip to the Ralph, they better win!

It would be a big win without a doubt.

Personally, so far this year I do not see any one of the 32 teams that I would call elite.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. West coast team travels cross-country to play a 10am game against an up-start team that is 4-1 and fresh off a bye.

2. Coach Jauron is a great game-planner and has had two weeks to prepare.

3. After two road games and a bye, rabid fans hungry for a home game will rock the building.

4. The return of Trent and Roscoe.

5. Chargers have the 31st ranked pass defense.

6. Our pass defense is ranked 8th, which is good going up against Rivers.

7. LT is still hobbled and hurtin.

8. We're still number one in the NFL on 3rd down defense.

9. Norv Turner is their HC.

Spliced a couple of posts together, and did some editing. Key points are in bold.

The Bills can pull out a victory here. Let's not give up.

In al honesty, the Bills are playing better on both sides of the ball, and have shown flashes of great play at times, but even through the first 4 games have yet to look like a team that can dominate an opponent, at least not yet(not counting Seattle, but seriously Seattle looked like they were fielding some 1987 replacement game players). Last year tough, gritty play helped the squad earn 7 victories, and since there has been some upgrades at a few positions, there still hasn't been consistent play in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Seriously, the O-line and D-line have yet to perform at all on an elite team level. We're fans, love to see wins, and hope for the best, but who are we kidding if we don't get better play form those squads, this team is not going anywhere in the post season, if they get there at all. Yes they're going to look great at times, pile up some more wins, and have us all cheering and screaming, but with Marshawn unable to get 100, and sacks coming at a rate that will land them at the bottom of the league, I can't see us going very far. O-line, D-line: WAKE UP and play ball!!

1. West coast team travels cross-country to play a 10am game against an up-start team that is 4-1 and fresh off a bye. 2. Coach Jauron is a great game-planner and has had two weeks to prepare.

3. After two road games and a bye, rabid fans hungry for a home game will rock the building.

Need more?

awesome list!

I'll add a few to that list:

1. West coast team travels cross-country to play a 10am game against an up-start team that is 4-1 and fresh off a bye.

10. Bills are a very good 11-6 following bye weeks.

11. Marshawn is just coming off a full moon and should be quite beastly.

12. The Dolts may be distracted in that they have to fly to Europe after the game.

13. The weather won't hurt us/Trent this week.

In al honesty, the Bills are playing better on both sides of the ball, and have shown flashes of great play at times, but even through the first 4 games have yet to look like a team that can dominate an opponent, at least not yet(not counting Seattle, but seriously Seattle looked like they were fielding some 1987 replacement game players). Last year tough, gritty play helped the squad earn 7 victories, and since there has been some upgrades at a few positions, there still hasn't been consistent play in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Seriously, the O-line and D-line have yet to perform at all on an elite team level. We're fans, love to see wins, and hope for the best, but who are we kidding if we don't get better play form those squads, this team is not going anywhere in the post season, if they get there at all. Yes they're going to look great at times, pile up some more wins, and have us all cheering and screaming, but with Marshawn unable to get 100, and sacks coming at a rate that will land them at the bottom of the league, I can't see us going very far. O-line, D-line: WAKE UP and play ball!!

You are absolutely correct. Some of the problems we've had on the defensive line can be attributed to injuries to guys like Stroud and Schobel. But other than Peters getting back into shape, the serious, deep-seated problems we have on the offensive line appear more permanent. Maybe it's the blocking scheme. In at least one case it's the players, unless someone can think of a blocking scheme that would require the offensive center to get pushed four yards into the backfield on every play. My hope is that the Bills will address the offensive line with their first two picks. My fear is that those picks will get used on the defense--most likely 1 LB, and 1 CB or FS.

Personally, so far this year I do not see any one of the 32 teams that I would call elite.

Bingo. None of these teams look flawless from top to bottom, even the undefeated Titans. Every team has shown weaknesses and some teams are not nearly as good as their record might show. At the same time, other teams are better than what their record is.

I said it two weeks ago and I'll say it again...this is the Bills' "bellweather" game for the rest of this season. What's my prognostication? Win it and the new winning era of the Bills has officially begun, ending with them owning the AFC East title. Lose it and the Bills will be scraping and clawing all season long, ending with them losing the AFC title to the Jets and just barely getting into the playoffs with a wildcard birth.

Here's to them pulling off the big win and the party train leaving the station around 4:00 pm! :thumbsup:

BTW, I have no gut feeling on weather they win or lose. But I am happy as hell they're in such a lofty position this week.

I said it two weeks ago and I'll say it again...this is the Bills' "bellweather" game for the rest of this season. What's my prognostication? Win it and the new winning era of the Bills has officially begun, ending with them owning the AFC East title. Lose it and the Bills will be scraping and clawing all season long, ending with them losing the AFC title to the Jets and just barely getting into the playoffs with a wildcard birth.

Here's to them pulling off the big win and the party train leaving the station around 4:00 pm! :thumbsup:

BTW, I have no gut feeling on weather they win or lose. But I am happy as hell they're in such a lofty position this week.

I'm not quite ready to pin all that on this single game; however, I've said since about week 2 that this 4 games stretch will determine our season. Winning this week, against one of the perennially better teams in the AFC, is a great start to regaining confidence and swagger that can carry us through the following 3 divisional games.

I firmly believe that we can take a firm lead in the division and position ourselves as the team to beat in the east over the next month, and it all starts by beating the Chargers.

I said it two weeks ago and I'll say it again...this is the Bills' "bellweather" game for the rest of this season.

Here's to them pulling off the big win and the party train leaving the station around 4:00 pm! :D

I said the same. I am sure that the coaches know that this game truly could define the season, and they had 2 weeks to prepare.

San Diego is good but they have issues. I am thinking 31-20 Bills, with 310 yards and 2 TDs from Trent. :thumbsup:

I said the same. I am sure that the coaches know that this game truly could define the season, and they had 2 weeks to prepare.

San Diego is good but they have issues. I am thinking 31-20 Bills, with 310 yards and 2 TDs from Trent. :thumbsup:

Like I said, I have no read on this one. Let's hope you're right about that score though! The closer this game gets, the more memories of those big games of yesteryear come flowing back to me. Oh how I wish I was going to this game. The lid's gonna blow if the Bills do win it.

I'll add a few to that list:

10. Bills are a very good 11-6 following bye weeks.

11. Marshawn is just coming off a full moon and should be quite beastly.

12. The Dolts may be distracted in that they have to fly to Europe after the game.

13. The weather won't hurt us/Trent this week.

What B3 said...

After that embarrassing loss to the Arizona Grosbeaks, I expect Da Billsss to make a strong statement to the football world this week...

BuffTown's Superbowl-bound Bills 34

Southern California's Tijuana Taxi Squad--- 13

18 and 1 baby!!! :D

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbsup:

1. West coast team travels cross-country to play a 10am game

One of my coworkers (a Vikings fan) said that he read a stat recently that west coast teams travelling to the east coast to play a 1pm EST game are 2-21 in the last 23 games (or something like that).

I like those odds, especially when pairing it with the stat that teams coming off of a bye week are much more likely to win. :thumbsup:

And remember - SD had a Sunday night game.

What worries me about this game is out defense. McGee is out, Youboty is a gametime decision, as is Schobel. I don't like our chances if our corners are McKelvin, Greer, and Corner. Also, while Schobel hasn't been playing well, I'd much rather him in there than Denney. I'm hoping Ashton and Aaron play Sunday and I think they will be missed greatly if they can't play

1. West coast team travels cross-country to play a 10am game against an up-start team that is 4-1 and fresh off a bye. 2. Coach Jauron is a great game-planner and has had two weeks to prepare.

Need more?

9. We got embarrased in Arizona and want to remove that loss as an aberation.

Guest dog14787
What B3 said...

After that embarrassing loss to the Arizona Grosbeaks, I expect Da Billsss to make a strong statement to the football world this week...

BuffTown's Superbowl-bound Bills 34

Southern California's Tijuana Taxi Squad--- 13

18 and 1 baby!!! :oops:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :D

Now here's a Senator I would gladly vote for :thumbsup:

That's correct, and after seeing what Warner did this defense, what do you think Rivers is going to do?

not to get off topic but Rivers is an ass clown, i can't stand that kid. i still remember the last time the Bills played them and almost coming away withe win and have that ass hat sulking after the game basically saying that we shouldn't have tried so hard against them and that we should have just given up and shown them more respect. arrogant turd.