From Bills.com Message Boards

83evans83

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing for a team that has used 3 QBS this year and has Looked nothing short of horrible in all but one game this year, TG has performed. With 21 cathes that would make him the leading reciever on the Bills if this trade were to happen. Given the fact we have a QB in Trent that utilizes his options to dump the ball off for short 5-10 yard gains I think that this would completely change the complex of our offense. Roayl has shown Glimpses of being a more then capable target most noteably During the Seattle game and In Toronto during the preseason but other then these two occasions he has been unreliable. James Hardy was drafted to fill a void that buffalo has had for years which is a large target in the red zone. It seems however that Mr. Hardy has a little more of a learning curve and may take some time to mature into his role on this team. TG will bring instant stability to an area where there has been very little, and as noted earlier on TBD his salary should not be an obstacle at all as he is scheduled to make 4.1 million for the rest of this season and next. Russ Brandon will make this trade, we are using TE"S as fullbacks when we are allready shorthanded at TE to begin with we can not afford to let this opportunity to pass us by. Do the right thing Russ.

Giants eyes Chiefs' tight end Tony Gonzalez

BY RALPH Vacchiano

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, October 12th 2008, 11:39 AM

When the Giants traded Jeremy Shockey, they knew they weren't going to be able replace him with one of the NFL's best tight ends. But by Tuesday, that could change.

END ZONE MAIN: FINANCIAL CRISIS COULD SOCK SPORTS

According to a report, the Giants are one of four teams who have called the Kansas City Chiefs about Tony Gonzalez, a 12-year veteran who reportedly has asked for a trade. The report in the Kansas City Star said the Giants are the "most interested" team, though their offer of a sixth-round pick is much lower than what the Chiefs are seeking.

The Packers, Eagles and Bills also apparently are suitors for the future Hall of Fame tight end.

GIANTS & JETS: WE HAD NO CHOICE ON PRICEY PSLs

The 32-year-old Gonzalez had 99 catches for 1,172 yards and five touchdowns last season. Through five games this year, he's caught 21 passes for 193 yards and two touchdowns. Kevin Boss leads all Giants tight ends with five catches for 60 yards and a score.

The NFL trade deadline is 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

Linkage

Giants interested in Gonzalez

* 08:30 AM ET 10.12

The New York Giants, who head into this weekend with the NFL's No. 1-ranked offense, are interested in trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, according to reports. The Giants dealt Jeremy Shockey to the Saints during the offseason and have received little production from first-year starter Kevin Boss. Gonzalez, 32, has asked the Chiefs to explore trades. The deadline is Tuesday. According to reports, the Giants have offered a sixth-round draft pick, but the Chiefs want a third-rounder. The Packers, Eagles and Bills are also interested but the Giants may be the most interested.

New York Post

If he has any choice in where to go I would think Buffalo would be his last choice.

Linkage

Giants interested in Gonzalez

* 08:30 AM ET 10.12

The New York Giants, who head into this weekend with the NFL's No. 1-ranked offense, are interested in trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, according to reports. The Giants dealt Jeremy Shockey to the Saints during the offseason and have received little production from first-year starter Kevin Boss. Gonzalez, 32, has asked the Chiefs to explore trades. The deadline is Tuesday. According to reports, the Giants have offered a sixth-round draft pick, but the Chiefs want a third-rounder. The Packers, Eagles and Bills are also interested but the Giants may be the most interested.

New York Post

If he has any choice in where to go I would think Buffalo would be his last choice.

Seriously, "BUT the Giants MAY be the most interested?" So it's possible they might be the most interested, it's also possible they might not be the most interested? REALLY? Thanks for cleaning that up NY Post.....idiots. :)

Subtitle of the thread is a bit misleading. The Sirius guys alledgedly reported that KC has a trade pending with SOMEONE, and that the price is believed to be a 3rd rounder. The speculation about that someone being Buffalo wasn't part of the news report, but it was the commentators' spin on it, as Buffalo and KC are both on bye weeks.

Subtitle of the thread is a bit misleading. The Sirius guys alledgedly reported that KC has a trade pending with SOMEONE, and that the price is believed to be a 3rd rounder. The speculation about that someone being Buffalo wasn't part of the news report, but it was the commentators' spin on it, as Buffalo and KC are both on bye weeks.

Fingers crossed.

I would be ecstatic if they pulled this off, but Gonzalez said he wanted to go to a proven contender. Now, I think we have a serious shot at winning the AFC East, but that being said, maybe he would want to go to a more established team like the Eagles or Giants. I know I might catch some heat for saying it, but I think it's true. If he does come to Buffalo though, I might piss myself