From Bills.com Message Boards

83evans83

I would be ecstatic if they pulled this off, but Gonzalez said he wanted to go to a proven contender. Now, I think we have a serious shot at winning the AFC East, but that being said, maybe he would want to go to a more established team like the Eagles or Giants. I know I might catch some heat for saying it, but I think it's true. If he does come to Buffalo though, I might piss myself

No one should give you grief for your statement. Right now our QB position should be considered unstable. Iggles and especially the Giants have more of a chance to be full-blown contenders than we do at this point in the season. In fact, it's not even close. But as the Dean correctly pointed out, it isn't Gonzalez' decision.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one should give you grief for your statement. Right now our QB position should be considered unstable. Iggles and especially the Giants have more of a chance to be full-blown contenders than we do at this point in the season. In fact, it's not even close. But as the Dean correctly pointed out, it isn't Gonzalez' decision.

I'm not sure how you can say the last-place Iggles are more full-blown contenders than the first place Bills. What has Philly done to make you believe in them? I do think we'll have to outbid the Giants by a round, tho.

How is our quarterback situation any less stable than Philly's? If you're getting at Edwards seemingly being prone to injury, than the Eagles' QB situation has to be considered 'unstable' as well.

If you're not getting at Edwards being injury prone...what are you getting at? Everybody knows who the starting quarterback of this team is.

How is our quarterback situation any less stable than Philly's? If you're getting at Edwards seemingly being prone to injury, than the Eagles' QB situation has to be considered 'unstable' as well.

If you're not getting at Edwards being injury prone...what are you getting at? Everybody knows who the starting quarterback of this team is.

Actually, according to the Eagle depth chart, on NFL.com, Kevin Kolb is considered their #2 QB (and not AJ Feeley). I have more confidence in JP as a backup than Kolb.

we are even talking about this because tony g has requested a trade and the chiefs are trying to oblige him due to his loyal service the past decade..........i think he has plenty of input into where he wants to go.......as long as his preferred team is reasonable, then the chiefs will deal him there......if he doesn't want to go somewhere the chiefs just won't deal him there - simple as that........make no mistake, he his driving this process

we are even talking about this because tony g has requested a trade and the chiefs are trying to oblige him due to his loyal service the past decade..........i think he has plenty of input into where he wants to go.......as long as his preferred team is reasonable, then the chiefs will deal him there......if he doesn't want to go somewhere the chiefs just won't deal him there - simple as that........make no mistake, he his driving this process

Not really. When you tell your team you want to be traded to a contender, they start shopping. As KC has to live with the trade, too, they will likely trade to the team who gives them the best offer...if that offer is good enough for KC. Now, if the offers are close, then I agree they might give some consideration to Tony's wishes. But, if they get a deal they like from another team, Tony really can't do anything about it. The team is now driving the process, IMO. TG's agent certainly might be helping the process, though, and that could help sway things to TG's wishes.

Do you think KC would take a 4th or 5th from the Giants instead of a 3rd from the Bills, because Tony would rather go to the Giants? The GM would have to be insane to make that bad of a deal.

The fact that the Bills have been mentioned in almost all of the reports, as a team in contention, suggests to me that they are a real player in this deal.

mcnabb's proven body of work > edwards' 11 starts or whatever

mcnabb's proven body of work > edwards' 11 starts or whatever

Boone didn't claim that the Bills' QB situation was better than Philly's. He asked why it would be considered to me more "unsettled" than Philly's. Both teams have a clear starter (not unsettled, at all).

Trent has a concussion and is questionable for next week, but when is the last time McNabb started, and finished all 16 games? (answer: 2003)

The question I would ask next is, how settled is the backup situation?

Not really. When you tell your team you want to be traded to a contender, they start shopping. As KC has to live with the trade, too, they will likely trade to the team who gives them the best offer...if that offer is good enough for KC. Now, if the offers are close, then I agree they might give some consideration to Tony's wishes. But, if they get a deal they like from another team, Tony really can't do anything about it. The team is now driving the process, IMO. TG's agent certainly might be helping the process, though, and that could help sway things to TG's wishes.

Do you think KC would take a 4th or 5th from the Giants instead of a 3rd from the Bills, because Tony would rather go to the Giants? The GM would have to be insane to make that bad of a deal.

The fact that the Bills have been mentioned in almost all of the reports, as a team in contention, suggests to me that they are a real player in this deal.

the only reason they are even talking about this deal is as a favor to TG - all things being equal, they'd just keep him given the small return there going to be getting....if TG says "i don't want to go _____", he won't get dealt there.........they will show respect for TG because they owe it to him.........now, if they can't agree to a fair deal with the team(s) he does want to go to that is another story - he might just have to stay put, but that is on him and that is his choice.......to be honest, i doubt that would even happen given KC's rumored small demands

but there is no doubt in my mind that TG is driving this process and that KC will do everything they can to give him the opportunity to play on a contender of his choosing while also getting a fair return for themselves.......at the end of the day if TG doesn't want to play for a team, he won't

Subtitle of the thread is a bit misleading. The Sirius guys alledgedly reported that KC has a trade pending with SOMEONE, and that the price is believed to be a 3rd rounder. The speculation about that someone being Buffalo wasn't part of the news report, but it was the commentators' spin on it, as Buffalo and KC are both on bye weeks.

I think the only significance of a bye week is that KC is in one. They don't give a crap if the team who gives the best offer is in a bye week or not.

I'm not sure how you can say the last-place Iggles are more full-blown contenders than the first place Bills. What has Philly done to make you believe in them? I do think we'll have to outbid the Giants by a round, tho.

I think if it's only a round they'll let Gonzo decide.

Actually, according to the Eagle depth chart, on NFL.com, Kevin Kolb is considered their #2 QB (and not AJ Feeley). I have more confidence in JP as a backup than Kolb.

I don't know. We've never really seen anything from him and McNabb is playing great.

I'm wondering if JP could part of the trade. They need a QB and JP is looking for a place to start. It would probably be contingent upon JP's agent working out a long term deal with them.

the only reason they are even talking about this deal is as a favor to TG - all things being equal, they'd just keep him given the small return there going to be getting....if TG says "i don't want to go _____", he won't get dealt there.........they will show respect for TG because they owe it to him.........now, if they can't agree to a fair deal with the team(s) he does want to go to that is another story - he might just have to stay put, but that is on him and that is his choice.......to be honest, i doubt that would even happen given KC's rumored small demands

but there is no doubt in my mind that TG is driving this process and that KC will do everything they can to give him the opportunity to play on a contender of his choosing while also getting a fair return for themselves.......at the end of the day if TG doesn't want to play for a team, he won't

You may be right, but I'm guessing you overstate the amount of control Tony now has. You ask someone for a ride, they do you a favor...but they are driving. KC is going nowhere, and now that Tony has asked to leave, it is in the team's best interest to make the best deal possible.

I agree that they may choose to not trade TG if they don't like the deal. I completely disagree that they would trade him for a much worse deal than they can get from another team. You try to accommodate a player...you don't screw your own team in the process.

You missed the two operative words: "right now."

Do you know Edwards' current status? Neither do I. When they clear him, we may have stability again. But only when they clear him.

Unless you're his doctor and want to share something no other fan knows.