Best Cheeseburger Ever...

Chilly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have told me you were coming here, even just to change planes...I could have made a Five Guys run for you.

Those are the best burgers I've ever had, and the closest one is about a three-iron from my office.

Five Guys is from the area in which I live now, greater Washington, D.C. They are good, but I really don't think they as good as Tom Wahls or Bill Gray's or Don's.

So not to be called a complete homer, I think the best burger on the planet can only be had at J. G. Melon on Third Ave in NYC.

I'd also say the burgers at the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park are great!

Don't forget In-N-Out burgers out west.

Five Guys is from the area in which I live now, greater Washington, D.C. They are good, but I really don't think they as good as Tom Wahls or Bill Gray's or Don's.

So not to be called a complete homer, I think the best burger on the planet can only be had at J. G. Melon on Third Ave in NYC.

I'd also say the burgers at the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park are great!

Don't forget In-N-Out burgers out west.

I'm out on the West Coast on business and have plans to check out In-N-Out Burger tonight - I've heard so much about this chain...

IN NYC I like Jackson Hole (a few locations, when I lived on 85th st. there was one on 85th and Columbus) - burgers as big as your head and very tasty - yum!

"So not to be called a complete homer, I think the best burger on the planet can only be had at J. G. Melon on Third Ave in NYC."

Yes! I agree, I was going to post the exact same thing. That's 3rd and 74th Street. Also add their cottage fried potatoes, $3.95. Cash only.

I'm out on the West Coast on business and have plans to check out In-N-Out Burger tonight - I've heard so much about this chain...

IN NYC I like Jackson Hole (a few locations, when I lived on 85th st. there was one on 85th and Columbus) - burgers as big as your head and very tasty - yum!

In n OUT----horrible....esp if used to Buffalo area stuff

Five Guys Burgers 'n Fries

Their fries are fantastic too.

Beat you to it...I mentioned Five Guys to Lori (see post #15).

Terrific burgers. I'm so glad they moved into this area.

I've been to California and Arizona, but I've never had the pleasure of an In-N-Out Burger. I understand there's something special about those hamburgers.

You should have told me you were coming here, even just to change planes...I could have made a Five Guys run for you.

Those are the best burgers I've ever had, and the closest one is about a three-iron from my office.

This is very hard for me. I've had quite a few great burgers (and if you have seen me lately, you'd think I ate them all in the past week.)

Five Guys are VERY good, but not the best I've ever had. The fries, on the other hand, are among the best I have ever had. It loses points, at least in St Augustine, as the local 5 Guys serves no alcohol of any kind.

I love Grovers in Amherst (only been there a couple of times), but don't remember having a burger. Next time I'm there, that'll be what I try.

Jackson Hole's burgers were big, and good, but not great, IMO.

In and Out makes a pretty damn good burger. Certainly the best fast-food burger, and by quite a lot, IMO. Also, the fries are fantastic (5 guys quality).

Steak and Shake are better than average fast food/diner burgers...good shakes, too.

In San Francisco (in the Triangle are of the dreaded Marina district), the Balboa Cafe makes the Balboa Burger. Served on a crusty French Baguette, it is fabulous. Major plus for the ability to have a selection of great beer, wine and (my personal favorite) Champagne, served by the glass. Fries are shoestring, but good.

Another one of the best burgers is from the Bull's Head in San Francisco (off West Portal). The place isn't very appealing, though. Fortunately, right next door, there is a terrific bar (Philosopher's Club), where you can sit and eat you burger in a civilized atmosphere, like a man. Unfortunately, the fries at the Bull's Head are pedestrian.

Paris Hilton seems to love them. :thumbdown:

When she was pulled over for driving without a license that's where she was going.

I bet she was;)

The IN N out franchises near me must be the worst franchises in the entire chain....which I doubt. Godawful.Thin...leathery...yukkkkkkkkkkk...and gave them a few chances.

Now the old Jimmy Mac's in Buffalo-----yeah baby---

The Press Box in Niagara Falls used to have the best burger in the free world, unfortunately, due to tax evasion issues, the place was closed down in the mid 90's

I was telling my brother about the Pittsburger, yesterday. Can't believe I forgot to mention the Press Box.

THAT was a bizarre joint. I once saw the owner throw out a man, by his ear, for asking for a refill on a cup of coffee. The Press Box was a "get it yourself" kind of place.

Having lived on the west coast my whole life I have no knowledge of many east coast burger joints, so I can only go with what I know.

Best fast food cheeseburger: IN-N-OUT. Very simple menu, inexpensive, and everything is fresh daily.

Best Restaurant(s) cheeseburger: ESPN Zone. Their burgers are so full of flavor, they make your mouth water. Order some cheese fries with them. MMMMMM MMMMMM.

Saint John's in Sunnyvale, California is a very popular place. Great burgers and fries.

Kirk's Steakburgers in San Jose area is another good place as well.

This is very hard for me. I've had quite a few great burgers (and if you have seen me lately, you'd think I ate them all in the past week.)

Five Guys are VERY good, but not the best I've ever had. The fries, on the other hand, are among the best I have ever had. It loses points, at least in St Augustine, as the local 5 Guys serves no alcohol of any kind.

I love Grovers in Amherst (only been there a couple of times), but don't remember having a burger. Next time I'm there, that'll be what I try.

Jackson Hole's burgers were big, and good, but not great, IMO.

In and Out makes a pretty damn good burger. Certainly the best fast-food burger, and by quite a lot, IMO. Also, the fries are fantastic (5 guys quality).

Steak and Shake are better than average fast food/diner burgers...good shakes, too.

In San Francisco (in the Triangle are of the dreaded Marina district), the Balboa Cafe makes the Balboa Burger. Served on a crusty French Baguette, it is fabulous. Major plus for the ability to have a selection of great beer, wine and (my personal favorite) Champagne, served by the glass. Fries are shoestring, but good.

Another one of the best burgers is from the Bull's Head in San Francisco (off West Portal). The place isn't very appealing, though. Fortunately, right next door, there is a terrific bar (Philosopher's Club), where you can sit and eat you burger in a civilized atmosphere, like a man. Unfortunately, the fries at the Bull's Head are pedestrian.

I don't think any of the Five Guys stores serve alcohol. The local one here only has Coca-Cola products and iced tea.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Steak and Shake, as far as the shakes are concerned. I stop just for a chocolate shake. The burgers are good, but they're a C+ compared to Five Guys. Maybe a half-step above Wendy's.

Have you ever been to the Double Play in San Francisco? It's at 16th and Bryant, Mission District (across from where Seals Stadium used to be). My uncle took us years ago. Great food there. :thumbdown:

I was telling my brother about the Pittsburger, yesterday. Can't believe I forgot to mention the Press Box.

THAT was a bizarre joint. I once saw the owner throw out a man, by his ear, for asking for a refill on a cup of coffee. The Press Box was a "get it yourself" kind of place.

She was a beast! As a Niagara student a night at the Press Box was a big date, You had to get off your ass, go to the kitchen and place your order, God forbid you get complicated with your order and you get tossed (Soup Nazi technique) Always walked away from that place stuffed the Pittsburger was the king!