JP's Monster Bomb to L. Evans

JP's Monster Bomb to L. Evans  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Could TE throw the ball that far?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe w/ the wind
    • I Don't really care, JP Sucks anyway!

After looking at the Chuck that JP Made, it looked like JP threw the ball from the Buffalo 6 and Landed at teh Arizona 32. Do you guys think if they called the same play with TE, could he have done the same thing?

Yeah, this is going to go real well.......

After looking at the Chuck that JP Made, it looked like JP threw the ball from the Buffalo 6 and Landed at teh Arizona 32. Do you guys think if they called the same play with TE, could he have done the same thing?

Of course TE cant throw it that far. Does it matter?? Of course not.

I don't know that Trent makes a throw 60+ yards in the air, with the ease and accuracy of JP. But, even on that play, it wasn't necessary to make the play work. Evans had a lot of room, and had it pretty early in the route (right at the break). Trent would have likely gotten rid of the ball sooner, and hit Evans 45 yards downfield. Depending on the play of the safety, it may or may not have resulted in a TD, but would have been a nice long gain, either way.

No.

But would the Bills have a better chance of winning the game with TE in there?

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Agreed.

But, if the D played the way they did all game, and the O Line played the way they did all game, this would have been a loss with any QB at the helm.

No.

Yes.

I don't know how...JP threw a near perfect 1st half, and after that, the defense didn't allow a victory. Don't turn this thread into all the others...the answer is simple, JP has a better arm. No one disputes that, its all up to the rest of his (in)abilities that rile up the crowd.

Agreed.

But, if the D played the way they did all game, and the O Line played the way they did all game, this would have been a loss with any QB at the helm.

No argument there. This team is better than last year's, but there are still deep-seated problems that will have to wait until the off-season to be solved. I think the defense is capable of playing much better than what we saw today, but the offensive line will need new talent if the Bills want an offense that can be productive for 60 minutes of football.

I don't know that Trent makes a throw 60+ yards in the air, with the ease and accuracy of JP. But, even on that play, it wasn't necessary to make the play work. Evans had a lot of room, and had it pretty early in the route (right at the break). Trent would have likely gotten rid of the ball sooner, and hit Evans 45 yards downfield. Depending on the play of the safety, it may or may not have resulted in a TD, but would have been a nice long gain, either way.

You mean Trent would not have stepped into the pocket first to avoid the backside pressure that was about to be heaved on him? I seriously doubt it. JP made a nice play on that to avoid yet another sack courtesy of our LT in need of way more money. I think Trent would have stepped up as well. Otherwise Trent would have been on his butt.

On Trent's throws Lee usually has good separation and is faster than most DB's.

Anyhoo, the trade off of what Trent brings vs. what JP brings makes the arm issue is a non issue.

JP !@#$ing sucked today. He looked like Rob Johnson back there - holding the ball, wandering into the pass rush - a deer in the headlights. His bomb to Evens was a thing of beauty, but that's not enough. He had a few other nice passes, but for the most part he was late with his throws because he can't force his 10 cent head get rid of the damned ball on time.

His screens to the RBs are ridiculous. First he telegraphs the play by staring down Lynch or Freddie, then he throws it a bit late and floats it out there, giving the defender plenty of time to close the gap and preventing our backs from even having an attempt at a first move.

I honestly though he was trying to throw the game when he stepped out of the pocket near the goal line and got crushed by the rush coming from the outside. They should cut his ass and sign whatever vet they can find to manage the game when Edwards can't play.

He thinks he's playing !@#$ing Tecmo Bowl!

JP !@#$ing sucked today. He looked like Rob Johnson back there - holding the ball, wandering into the pass rush - a deer in the headlights. His bomb to Evens was a thing of beauty, but that's not enough. He had a few other nice passes, but for the most part he was late with his throws because he can't force his 10 cent head get rid of the damned ball on time.

His screens to the RBs are ridiculous. First he telegraphs the play by staring down Lynch or Freddie, then he throws it a bit late and floats it out there, giving the defender plenty of time to close the gap and preventing our backs from even having an attempt at a first move.

I honestly though he was trying to throw the game when he stepped out of the pocket near the goal line and got crushed by the rush coming from the outside. They should cut his ass and sign whatever vet they can find to manage the game when Edwards can't play.

He thinks he's playing !@#$ing Tecmo Bowl!

Don't think meat, just throw. :thumbsup:

Probably not. Pretty sure that if they called that play with Edwards in the game, Trent would have let that ball fly earlier, hitting Evans about ten or fifteen yards sooner, in stride, right as he passed the cornerback. Or he'd have abandoned it with that pass rush, and perhaps gone back to it when the rush wasn't in his face.

Great play by Losman. One of a few. In a sea of bad ones.

You are forgetting the rush that got to JP early which he avoided, buying enough time for Lee to get downfield. That is the problem with deep routes, especially ones involving a double move, they take time. Time the QB often doesn't have. Trent is the man but had he tried to throw that ball it would have been underthrown. Gotta give JP his due. He throws a great long ball. But there is more to the game than having a cannon.