Hit on Edwards dirty?

As much as I love our Bills...that was as clean and as hard a football hit you are going to see.

Football is a rough game. If that hit happened to Dan Marino in his day, we all would have been high-fiving each other. Come on...admit it.

We would have loved to see Marino go down and out under the weight of Bruce and Co.

As much as I hate seeing Edwards hurt, that is football...otherwise, put the QB's in red "don't touch" jerseys and enforce these new "wussy" rules.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the problem I have with the hit....

I dont know if it was a clean hit or not....this is football and it happened in a nano second.......I dont think Wilson should have driven him into the ground

BUT

The real problem I have is at some time this year a bills defender is going to get flagged with a late hit on the QB for MUCH less then what Wilson DIDN"T get flagged for.....

It is so subjective

As much as I love our Bills...that was as clean and as hard a football hit you are going to see.

Football is a rough game. If that hit happened to Dan Marino in his day, we all would have been high-fiving each other. Come on...admit it.

We would have loved to see Marino go down and out under the weight of Bruce and Co.

As much as I hate seeing Edwards hurt, that is football...otherwise, put the QB's in red "don't touch" jerseys and enforce these new "wussy" rules.

You must be new with your low post count.....welcome aboard.

As I stated in the other thread that's discussing this same subject, I've reviewed the HD of this frame by frame multiple times.

Wilson hit Edwards roughly 1/5 second after the ball left his hand. His helmet struck Edwards close to his armpit, while both players still had their feet on the ground. The force of the collision caused both players feet to come off the ground, and Wilson's momentum caused his helmet to slide or bounce up off of Edwards chin and helmet. There was no direct blow to the head. I seriously doubt there will be a fine, and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Bills didn't even ask the NFL to review the play. It was a hard, but completely clean hit.

I guess the league thinks otherwise, Don!

Thanks...

BTW...Watch Wilson's hit make it to "NFL Mega Hits" or something like that. The NFL fines him $25K and then makes thousands more from people like me that LOVE NFL follies and "big hits".

Probably available on DVD somewhere...you know, add $6.95 for S&H and send your check to Orchard Park

Thank you Lori!!!!!

omg jerry, even the majority of the posters on here dont think it was dirty...this was a fine based on reputation, even refers to it in the article...who really cares, it has no impact on us, so who really cares...keep sucking it up there with Lori too, lol :lol: ...

I stand here in amusement that this thread is still continuing...It would make more sense if an actual fine on this player had any impact what so ever on our team. Like someone said, they could care less in AZ, so why do we care? I care about this as much as I care about my $35 parking ticket I got yesterday...I am sure Wilson could care less too now that he is free and clear of any suspension.

Its all good though, guess you guys need something to whine about in order to get a "moral" victory after the cards used the Buffalo D like used toilet paper last week and the O line got smacked down like Ike hitting Tina...

So congrats on proving reputation costs you money in this league and the NFL is one more rule away from making defensive players count alligators before they can rush...

Ok, so whats the next topic that has no relevance to the Buffalo Bills or no chance in actuall occuring thats going to go on for days? How about should Kitna sit or start? Or, how about Rudi Johnson or Kevin Smith? Or, how about we try and trade McCargo for Braylon Edwards and JP for Jared Allen...

:lol::lol:

He got fined on his reputation, they even make mention of it in their statement...I just watched it again, I still see nothing at all other than a big hit. If this is on any other player other than the QB this isnt fined...if this was a player with no history of being fined, there is no fine. Case in point, the lack of suspension. With a player with a history of fines any reasonable infraction would have earned him a suspension. This was QUESTIONABLE at best, so they fined him and gave him a warning, a small fine at that.

I still stand by original statement that if you cant handle this hit then go play poweder puff.

Bottom line here...is who the heck gives a ****...my point is this thread is 9 pages long about something that will have ZERO, yes ZERO affect on the Bills season from this point on. I mean Wilson probably doesnt even care...so why on earth is this thread the most talked about thread...geezus...

Congrats on getting your precious fine from the NFL, now our season is saved...ridiculous.

Can we finally kill this pathetic thread?

Thread Cop could you please, oh please just issue a ticket and a warning this time? :lol:

Exactly...why doesnt the NFL make the QB just wear the red jersey and have us count alligators before the D can rush in...they want the defender who is trained to hit and hit hard to cradle the freaking QB on the way down...wow, maybe the NFL should stand for National Fairy League because they treat the QB like they are mythical frail fairy who sprinkles fairy dust every where...

Just when I thought you've posted the dumbest thing I've seen you top yourself. Good job.

Watch how hard, legal, hits on QB's are made this weekend then you'll get it. Keeping the QB safe is extremely important to the NFL. How many people jumped off the Pets* bandwagon and won't be watching their games since Brady went down? That translates into ratings and subsequently revenue.

A very nice rewrite? :wallbash:

We apologize for this thread not meeting your standards of approval. Perhaps you'd find a different topic more to your liking.

In other words, if you don't want to read about it, there's a simple solution to that problem.

Cordially,

the management

:censored:

Thank you Lori!!!!!

:lol:

Hit was needlessly high and wrecklessly close to a helmet-to-helmet. It wasn't so much the helmet contact as it was the driving into the ground. It also had to have been pretty clear to the defender that Edwards had already released the ball. He was intent on delivering a blow to Edwards with or without the football in Edward's hand. It's a tough game, but the QB has to be protected. I support the fine.

Thread Cop could you please, oh please just issue a ticket and a warning this time? :lol:

Just when I thought you've posted the dumbest thing I've seen you top yourself. Good job.

Watch how hard, legal, hits on QB's are made this weekend then you'll get it. Keeping the QB safe is extremely important to the NFL. How many people jumped off the Pets* bandwagon and won't be watching their games since Brady went down? That translates into ratings and subsequently revenue.

:censored:

:lol:

thread cop...oh please...for what, not agreeing...I didnt even say a bad thing about anyone...just saying this topic is a dead topic and has no impact on our team, so who really cares. And spare me the whole business side of this...these guys know what they are signing up for when they get paid multi millions of dollars to play a GAME and know big hits come with the territory. I mean, by your logic, we should just say a QB can not be touched at all with no one rushing and must throw the ball with in 5 seconds or it counts as a sack.

And yes, this is the most absurd topic because it has NOTHING to do with our team moving forward...damage is done, why on earth does it matter if this multi millionaire gets fined money he will never miss?

I swear, its like your 12 years old and your mad someone doesnt agree with you. The fact remains (and dont even try and reply and say otherwise) that if this was Poz hitting Warner, you would NOT be calling for a suspension or fine and you know you would be defending it as Poz hitting him in the shoulder. You would be all mad the NFL fined Poz saying they over protect the QB...

So take the self righteousness elsewhere because its hypocritical and not needed. The majority of us dont agree, so what, who cares, doesnt affect the Bills anyway.

By the way, I am still waiting for you and Jerry to start a thread pleading for us to get fined for the hit that cut Warners chin open...it was worse than Wilsons, but because Warner didnt leave game it isnt under review.

Here, let me translate your post..."ohhh, im tellling....Mooooom, he doesnt like my view..." I mean I am literally sitting here laughing out loud over your "thread police" request...oh my gosh, you must be 12...

thread cop...oh please...for what, not agreeing...I didnt even say a bad thing about anyone...just saying this topic is a dead topic and has no impact on our team, so who really cares. And spare me the whole business side of this...these guys know what they are signing up for when they get paid multi millions of dollars to play a GAME and know big hits come with the territory. I mean, by your logic, we should just say a QB can not be touched at all with no one rushing and must throw the ball with in 5 seconds or it counts as a sack.

And yes, this is the most absurd topic because it has NOTHING to do with our team moving forward...damage is done, why on earth does it matter if this multi millionaire gets fined money he will never miss?

I swear, its like your 12 years old and your mad someone doesnt agree with you. The fact remains (and dont even try and reply and say otherwise) that if this was Poz hitting Warner, you would NOT be calling for a suspension or fine and you know you would be defending it as Poz hitting him in the shoulder. You would be all mad the NFL fined Poz saying they over protect the QB...

So take the self righteousness elsewhere because its hypocritical and not needed. The majority of us dont agree, so what, who cares, doesnt affect the Bills anyway.

By the way, I am still waiting for you and Jerry to start a thread pleading for us to get fined for the hit that cut Warners chin open...it was worse than Wilsons, but because Warner didnt leave game it isnt under review.

Here, let me translate your post..."ohhh, im tellling....Mooooom, he doesnt like my view..." I mean I am literally sitting here laughing out loud over your "thread police" request...oh my gosh, you must be 12...

Blah, blah, blah... you don't have to read this. If you don't like it don't read it. Simple.

thanks for the helmet info, didn't know that. I hope someone insists he has the best possible head gear the rest of his 20 years hof career as a buffalo bill.

about the rest of your post: he got the fine for driving him into the ground, not helmet to helmet. I pretty much thought the helmet coming up to his chin was a bit incidental, which is what I thought was clean about the hit. Stroud's I didn't see.

He has a speaker in there. A coach has to yell "Duck!" :lol:

Presumably, you're OK with these sorts of hits knocking out QBs on a regular basis, right? Because if they are deemed above board, it's pretty clear that defensive coordinators will declare open season on the players most likely to beat them -- capable quarterbacks, without question the most important players on the field. Have fun watching NFL games matching up Tim Rattay v. Kelly Holcomb or Brian Griese v. Joey Harrington. Even Chris Chandler can rejoin a team! Awesome sporting events.

One can tell by his choice of screen name that Mr. Dawg likes to flex his muscles and beat his chest by pretending that he is tough. It is, alas, not uncommon among football fans. I am sure that it scares all the kids at recess.

Presumably, you're OK with these sorts of hits knocking out QBs on a regular basis, right? Because if they are deemed above board, it's pretty clear that defensive coordinators will declare open season on the players most likely to beat them -- capable quarterbacks, without question the most important players on the field. Have fun watching NFL games matching up Tim Rattay v. Kelly Holcomb or Brian Griese v. Joey Harrington. Even Chris Chandler can rejoin a team! Awesome sporting events.

omg jerry, even the majority of the posters on here dont think it was dirty...this was a fine based on reputation, even refers to it in the article...who really cares, it has no impact on us, so who really cares...keep sucking it up there with Lori too, lol :lol: ...

I stand here in amusement that this thread is still continuing...It would make more sense if an actual fine on this player had any impact what so ever on our team. Like someone said, they could care less in AZ, so why do we care? I care about this as much as I care about my $35 parking ticket I got yesterday...I am sure Wilson could care less too now that he is free and clear of any suspension.

Its all good though, guess you guys need something to whine about in order to get a "moral" victory after the cards used the Buffalo D like used toilet paper last week and the O line got smacked down like Ike hitting Tina...

So congrats on proving reputation costs you money in this league and the NFL is one more rule away from making defensive players count alligators before they can rush...

The really amusing thing is that without your input, this thread may not have reached 10 pages. Congratulations. Keep up the good work, and maybe we can make it 11.

Wake up.

Yeah, the hit was clean. The ball had just left Trent's hand and the hit was clean, no problem.

But the follow through and keeping his head pinned to Trent all the way, feet leaving the air, driving down, and landing on top of him with all his weight was dirty.

The NFL looks to protect the passer. Wilson should have received a one game suspension.

Dumbest thing I've ever read. A helmet to helmet...fine...sure...he deserved it. But "landing with all of his weight" is the DUMBEST reason I've ever heard for a fine.

Buy a team, attend an owner's meeting and raise the issue.

Per ESPN:

According to the league, the hit on Edwards violated the rule stating that "a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight."

There's nothing dumb about having rules to prevent players from getting seriously injured. A concussion is very serious. I don't think it's dumb at all. The league looks to protect it's QBs.

The really amusing thing is that without your input, this thread may not have reached 10 pages. Congratulations. Keep up the good work, and maybe we can make it 11.

He's a troll. Either he does this on purpose or he is someone who really needs therapy. He talks big on the board but I bet he's a little weasel in real life.