Hit on Edwards dirty?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG :wallbash::lol::wallbash::lol::wallbash::censored:

I can not believe this thread is still going and is on page 8! Seriously, if this was Kurt Warner being hit exactly the same by Poz no one would be crying for a fine. I swear...I think football is too violent for some of you and you should stick to less contact sports like Olympic Curling. Maybe you should start a petition to have the league run like flag football where the you cant hit the QB and the D line has to count 7 alligators...

It was a great hit, legal by all sense of the rules, and the exact hit these players are taught to do since pop warner football. If you have an issue with it you clearly have never played any football any rougher than flag. You act like he got up and stepped on Trent or something...geezus...give it a rest. Find another obnoxious topic that has no relevance or importance at this point to whine about for the next 6 days and let this one die already...

FYI: If Trent doesnt get hurt, we still lose because AZ scored on almost every drive and we couldnt stop a pop warner team on 3rd down that day. The way our line blocked he would have probably been hurt eventually in this game any way. And Trent doesnt play on D which was our real achillies heal.

Legal in all sense of the rules and we should take the homer glasses off? Perhaps you should learn the rules before spouting your mouth off. It's not about what you or anyone else THINKS the rule should be, it's about what the rule IS, and has been for the past couple of years.

... The NFL said in an e-mail to ESPN.com that Wilson violated Rule 12, Section 2, Article 12 (2) of the NFL Official Playing Rules, which states "a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw [a player] down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up or cradle the passer with the defensive player's arms."

The NFL pointed out to Wilson in its official letter to him that he had been fined twice in 2007, once for a late hit and again for a horse collar tackle. The league notified Wilson that future infractions could lead to increased disciplinary action.

The Kelso helmet is technology from, what 12 years ago? The Riddell Revolution helmet that the guy talked about on the first page is better. It hugely reduces the occurrences of concussion. Forget Kelso and remember the Revolution and the other helmet with the same technological advantages, the Schutt DNA.

And as was said on P. 2, you're supposed to keep your head totally away from the helmet. Intent to injure has nothing to do with whether a particular hit is punishable. He absolutely should be fined for the hit on Edwards, and Mitchell should be fined for the hit on Warner. Both were clearly helmet on helmet, and that is the standard that is supposed to be applied. Driving into the ground is a separate issue.

thanks for the helmet info, didn't know that. I hope someone insists he has the best possible head gear the rest of his 20 years hof career as a buffalo bill.

about the rest of your post: he got the fine for driving him into the ground, not helmet to helmet. I pretty much thought the helmet coming up to his chin was a bit incidental, which is what I thought was clean about the hit. Stroud's I didn't see.

Because I find it amusing that this is a focal point and that not only was it not dirty, but you will not here one peep about it from the OBD, the front office, the NFL, etc. It was within the rules and I would encourage our players to hit people like that.

Do you prefer your Crow rotisseried or ice cold?

WTF is this?

He got fined on his reputation, they even make mention of it in their statement...I just watched it again, I still see nothing at all other than a big hit. If this is on any other player other than the QB this isnt fined...if this was a player with no history of being fined, there is no fine. Case in point, the lack of suspension. With a player with a history of fines any reasonable infraction would have earned him a suspension. This was QUESTIONABLE at best, so they fined him and gave him a warning, a small fine at that.

I still stand by original statement that if you cant handle this hit then go play poweder puff.

Bottom line here...is who the heck gives a ****...my point is this thread is 9 pages long about something that will have ZERO, yes ZERO affect on the Bills season from this point on. I mean Wilson probably doesnt even care...so why on earth is this thread the most talked about thread...geezus...

Congrats on getting your precious fine from the NFL, now our season is saved...ridiculous.

Can we finally kill this pathetic thread?

WTF is this?

Exactly...why doesnt the NFL make the QB just wear the red jersey and have us count alligators before the D can rush in...they want the defender who is trained to hit and hit hard to cradle the freaking QB on the way down...wow, maybe the NFL should stand for National Fairy League because they treat the QB like they are mythical frail fairy who sprinkles fairy dust every where...

He got fined on his reputation, they even make mention of it in their statement...I just watched it again, I still see nothing at all other than a big hit. If this is on any other player other than the QB this isnt fined...if this was a player with no history of being fined, there is no fine. Case in point, the lack of suspension. With a player with a history of fines any reasonable infraction would have earned him a suspension. This was QUESTIONABLE at best, so they fined him and gave him a warning, a small fine at that.

I still stand by original statement that if you cant handle this hit then go play poweder puff.

Bottom line here...is who the heck gives a ****...my point is this thread is 9 pages long about something that will have ZERO, yes ZERO affect on the Bills season from this point on. I mean Wilson probably doesnt even care...so why on earth is this thread the most talked about thread...geezus....

Congrats on getting your precious fine from the NFL, now our season is saved...ridiculous.

It will effect the Bills season depending on how long Edwards is out though

And it is not the most talked about thread, maybe you missed the 20 page gem about how JP cost the Bills the game on Sunday?

WTF is this?

A very nice rewrite? :lol:

Bottom line here...is who the heck gives a ****...my point is this thread is 9 pages long about something that will have ZERO, yes ZERO affect on the Bills season from this point on. I mean Wilson probably doesnt even care...so why on earth is this thread the most talked about thread...geezus...

We apologize for this thread not meeting your standards of approval. Perhaps you'd find a different topic more to your liking.

In other words, if you don't want to read about it, there's a simple solution to that problem.

Cordially,

the management

That applies to 7 pages of posters who insisted that the hit was clean. :lol:

Depends on your definition. To me 'dirty' implies over the top giving him the business type of stuff. I said on page 3 that I thought the hit was clean but illegal. I think I'm right. He was fined 25K for an illegal hit, but not suspended for a dirty hit.

The NFL just proved it was a dirty hit according to their rules & regulations. Just suck it up and admit you were wrong.

A very nice rewrite? :lol:

We apologize for this thread not meeting your standards of approval. Perhaps you'd find a different topic more to your liking.

In other words, if you don't want to read about it, there's a simple solution to that problem.

Cordially,

the management

Thank you Lori!!!!!