Hit on Edwards dirty?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, that hit on Edwards was dirty. The defender had his head into Edwards' chin, and continued to drive his helmet into Edwards while they were on the ground. I hope that S.O.B. get fined & suspended.

The only reason his head was under Edwards chin was because Edwards is tall. I didn't think it was dirty. Just hard.

I wondered that as well at the time. Seems like last week a much lighter hit on a QB was flagged. I think they called it "driving him into the ground". Certainly, at least, Trent was driven into the ground. It will be interesting to see if a fine results from it.

Not sure it would have mattered at all in the grand scheme of things. But, still...

Why don't more players wear the Riddell Revolution, or any of the other helmets designed to prevent concussions. If Edwards was wearing a Revoltion (Like the helmet that Manning wears) there is no way that it almost comes off (exposing his chin) and I bet he stays in the game.

http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/product_in...products_id=368

what pissed me off the most was that he continued to drive his entire body weight down on edwards when the pass had already been thrown. that wasn't necessary, he could have held up. I didn't mind the hit, but intentionally driving your body weight on top of him was the dirty part.

I've only seen the hit twice, but as much as I want to say it was dirty (and believe me I do), I think it was clean. It was just a monstrous hit from a big time player who stands 6'3" 230lbs. Wilson is a big, hard hitting dude.

But I'm also of the mind that protecting the QB is a priority and the play should, and probably will, be reviewed to ensure it was clean.

I thought that both parts of the hit were dirty. First it was the top of his helmet that hit Edwards' helmet (they tell players to see what they hit, this guy had his head down) then coming down on Edwards with all of his weight. That should have been a 15 yard penalty and I expect to see a fine announced later this week.

Why don't more players wear the Riddell Revolution, or any of the other helmets designed to prevent concussions. If Edwards was wearing a Revoltion (Like the helmet that Manning wears) there is no way that it almost comes off (exposing his chin) and I bet he stays in the game.

http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/product_in...products_id=368

Why don't more people wear those Kelso helmets with the extra padding on the outside? Or was that Tasker? One of those guys used to wear them...

This is tackle football, not the ballet. Wilson did his job.

its ballet when the concern is hitting a prone quarterback-or thats how the NFL sees it.

He drove his helmet to the chin. then drove the QB to the ground after the release, which is illegal. he continued driving his helmet while trent was down.

$$$$$--he'll be paying for it.

I really think it was momentum that carried his helmet into Edwards when they hit the ground, not something malicious.

Ditto. He did not lead with his helmet, from what I saw. Like I said, the hit was vicious, but clean.

Yeah, much as it pains me to say it, I thought it was a clean hit as well. Looked clear to me that the concussion was caused by his head hitting the turf and not from helmet to helmet contact. Also looked to me like the tackler had his head up and was not spearing/leading with his helmet. I think because Trent was hit high, he was knocked backwards off his feet and therefore hit mostly head first on the turf at great speed.