Those blaming JP....??

YOOOOOO

Just for fun:

Week 4 against the lowly Rams, Trent was 15 of 25 for 197 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT, and 4 sacks.

Rams had 380yds in total offense and 28minutes of possession time.

Week 5 against the mediocre Cards, JP was 15 of 21 for 220 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT, and 5 sacks.

Cards had 373yds in total offense and 36 minutes of possession time.

Superficial, I know. But, what was the real difference between these 2 games?

Rams game we had 2 forced fumbles, 1 int. And the Rams scored on 2 of 8 drives in the first half.

Cards game we had 0 forced fumbles, 0 int. And the Cards scored on 4 of 4 drives in the first half.

So what should this tell us? JP, although he looked erratic at times and made a some mistakes, did not lose this game. The defenses failure to stop the Rams on 3rd down, allowing them to drive down the field and score, lost us this game.

Does this mean I want JP to start? No. Does this mean Trent should be our starter? No. Does this mean it's nonsensical talking about QB play when the defense refused to stop the slant pass? Yes.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to say he played great after that game is downright retarded...

Learn to read before you call someone retarded. I said he looked great in the first half. Fact is, it was literally the best statistical half a Bill QB has had this season. I never said once he looked great after the game, I would argue that it really doesn't matter and that refusing to point out the D and look at JP is "downright retarded", but I never once said he looked great after the game.

I figured he hadnt played in awhile and there is always some confusion when you come in on a situation...As much as I dislike his play I cant really place that one on him..But to say he played great after that game is downright retarded...

I agree 100% and I even said that to my brother. It's just with them that some stats that go against JP are left out and stats that aren't left out are lamely explained away.

Yoooo why didn't you say anything about TE being able to make a completion with heavy pressure on while JP couldn't?

JP knew last years Jacksonville game was a make or break game for him and he just couldn't get it done. I don't think he handles pressure well. TE is just a lot better at that. Anyone who can't see that doesn't know squat about football and I'm superior because of that belief. ;)

Learn to read before you call someone retarded. I said he looked great in the first half. Fact is, it was literally the best statistical half a Bill QB has had this season. I never said once he looked great after the game, I would argue that it really doesn't matter and that refusing to point out the D and look at JP is "downright retarded", but I never once said he looked great after the game.

Excellent advice for anyone to follow.

I responded to the following quote below..The you jumped in..So why dont you learn to read before responding to a post you werent even being responded to..

Dude are you serious....there are only two QB's in the league(Manning/Brady when healthy) that could have kept up with what Arizona was doing to our defense....

JP for 3 quarters played GREAT football.....if you know football..you cant deny it.....why cant you just admit that

Thats what I was responding to

ROFLMAO..

This was my response

you're kidding right? YOU WERE NOT SATISFIED WITH A 151 QB RATING??!! The guy said he played great and near perfect up until a point (that point being garbage time). What are you laughing at? Your inability to face facts?

Then you jumped in..

So who is the retarded one???

I agree 100% and I even said that to my brother. It's just with them that some stats that go against JP are left out and stats that aren't left out are lamely explained away.

Yoooo why didn't you say anything about TE being able to make a completion with heavy pressure on while JP couldn't?

JP knew last years Jacksonville was a make or break game for him and he just couldn't get it done. I don't think he handles pressure well. TE is just a lot better at that. Anyone who can't see that doesn't know squat about football and I'm superior because of that belief. ;)

I agree

JP knew last years Jacksonville game was a make or break game for him and he just couldn't get it done. I don't think he handles pressure well. TE is just a lot better at that. Anyone who can't see that doesn't know squat about football and I'm superior because of that belief. ;)

Were did i even mention TE in this thread?? Am i saying anything against TE in my posts....why are you bringing up TE in this thread in response to me....

Just for fun:

Week 4 against the lowly Rams, Trent was 15 of 25 for 197 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT, and 4 sacks.

Week 5 against the mediocre Cards, JP was 15 of 21 for 220 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT, and 5 sacks.

Rams game we had 2 forced fumbles, 1 int. And the Rams scored on 2 of 8 drives in the first half.

Cards game we had 0 forced fumbles, 0 int. And the Cards scored on 4 of 4 drives in the first half.

So what should this tell us? JP, although he looked erratic at times and made a some mistakes, did not lose this game. The defenses failure to stop the Rams on 3rd down, allowing them to drive down the field and score, lost us this game.

Does this mean I want JP to start? No. Does this mean Trent should be our starter? No. Does this mean it's nonsensical talking about QB play when the defense refused to stop the slant pass? Yes.

I agree. The big difference in the two games was the defense. Against the Rams the Bills cracked down harder in the second half. If they had done thet against the Rams the score might have been vastly different. It was only 17-14 at the half.

Also, the O-line was better in the second half of the Rams game. Against the Cards the O-Line was bad all day, even on the play Edwards got knocked out. The safety came in untouched. And the running game was the absolute pits and hasn't been great so far this season.

I'm not raving about JP and saying he should be starter, but the way the entire team played, I don't think Trent could have won it.

Dude, it was everyone else's fault, not his if you don't know that you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about football.

[/sarcasm off]

Dude, if you think you can win a game with JP, you don't know squat about football.

JP apologists can quote stats all day long, but watch him play. He doesn't have a clue on the field. He's Rick Mirer reincarnated.

2 fumbles, 5 sacks, 1 pick.

Dude, if you think you can win a game with JP, you don't know squat about football.

JP apologists can quote stats all day long, but watch him play. He doesn't have a clue on the field. He's Rick Mirer reincarnated.

Care to quote Trent's stat line from the Raiders game? A home game against a bad team, no less?

It's a team game. And JP didn't fumble the exchange. And I didn't see a replay, but was the other fumble by him a fumble or an incomplete forward pass that was incorrectly called a fumble?

Were did i even mention TE in this thread?? Am i saying anything against TE in my posts....why are you bringing up TE in this thread in response to me....

You are going on and on about everybody else being responsible for the loss except JP. I'm pointing out that TE handled the pressure better and it shows that some of your "it was everybody else's fault" garbage just isn't true.

I thought the [/sarcasm off] would indicate it was a sarcastic comment.

You are going on and on about everybody else being responsible for the loss except JP. I'm pointing out that TE handled the pressure better and it shows that some of your "it was everybody else's fault" garbage just isn't true.

I thought the [/sarcasm off] would indicate it was a sarcastic comment.

ok im done....

I don't get it fellow Bills fans. JP is a one trick pony, the long ball king. He'll hit one, maybe two a game then get sacked five times and throw to the other team. Yes the defense sucked, but JP couldn't keep our offense on the field. They got gassed pretty quickly. You can't blame him for losing the game, but you can understand why he's on the bench.

Care to quote Trent's stat line from the Raiders game? A home game against a bad team, no less?

It's a team game. And JP didn't fumble the exchange. And I didn't see a replay, but was the other fumble by him a fumble or an incomplete forward pass that was incorrectly called a fumble?

Here's the only stat that matters - W

GO BILLS!

1. Yes, I did.

2. Yes, I did.

3. Yes, I did.

Did you notice that there was a missed assignment when TE was bashed to the ground and there was a split second before he was hit. Did you notice he made a completion? Or are you an idiot who doesn't know football?

Also, nice way to make excuses for the penalty. ;)

i read/heard somewhere that the play was designed to let a man come free :shrug:

Just for fun:

Stop introducing facts into a good old fashioned JP lynching!

Obviously, this loss was not JP's fault, and only a fool would say otherwise.

For a while, JP looked pretty good, and had the team within a TD, despite the putrid play of the defense.

With that said, once the Cardinals took control, the Bills resorted to the kind of playcalling desperate teams resort to. JP isn't likely to bring the team back from a deep deficit, when the offense is predictable and the pass rush is relentless. Not many QBs are, for that matter. But, that is certainly where JP has the most trouble.

I think JP showed why he will get another chance, as his upside is so big. He also showed the things he will have to overcome to be successful with that chance.

I'm going to have to side with you on this. I have come around to see Trent as the QB of the future and J.P. did make a number of stupid mistakes. Still, he looked decent.

However, with our defense hemmorgaing points and yards like it did there was practically no chance for us to win, even if Trent had been uninjured.