Official BUF @ AZ thread

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though. What are the D-line stunts we're running? I wonder if the Bills are afraid to send the LBs because it gives Warner's WRs even more space to work with. Still, I'd like to see some pressure.

You can be a lot more free with your stunts and twists when you don't have to worry about a ground attack (i.e that 2minute drill).

And there was probably only 1 'backer on the field for that last possession.

Anyone who says JP is playing bad at this point is an idiot. Right now we are losing because of the defense. TE is better but JP is not playing bad at this point..

+1

JP looked good in the pre-season too. It's amazing what having a real O-coordinator does for a team.

Agreed.

Might want to cover Fitzgerald, I hear he's good

Yeah I think I've heard of him. Someone told me he's pretty good.

And while we've got our "halftime adjustments" hats on, maybe we could find a way to get some pressure on Warner, considering he's a fumble machine. A few good whacks on him and he should start coughing the ball up.

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:33 PM ET | Link

KO SIMPSON ON SIDELINES: Ko Simpson is on the bench with an ice pack wrapped around his right thigh. No word yet on an injury, but it appears he may have tweaked his hamstring. George Wilson is in.

---

we look like we are running a soft cover 2 zone trying to confuse warner.

we need to get up on him, hit him, blitz, and hurt him.

Yeah, I can't understand the philosophy right now on D...the book on Warner for oh...the past 2 years or so is that if he has time he will pick you apart, but if you get in his face a lot, he will be a turnover machine(like last week where he had 3 INT's and 3 fumbles). So what does Fewell do? He sits back and rushes 4 which has generated a below 0 pass rush and Warner has picked us apart...

Get up in his face and get some pressure on him!!! He WILL turn the ball over if you do...he does not really have the arm strength to beat us deep IMHO...the biggest concern would be a short slant and a run after catch type play like Higgins with the Radiers had...

At this point, its obvious the risk is worth it tho...they simply are not getting it done the way they are playing now...did anyone have any doubt that would have been a 4th TD if the Cards had another 30-45 seconds??

I'd like to see more zone blitzing in the 2nd half. They have to get pressure up the middle against a pocket passer like Warner. I'd really like to see them double Fitzgerald and single the other receivers, but I doubt Jauron would risk giving up the big play.

It's time for Perry Fewell to earn his pay. The defense must make the right adjustments at halftime.

okay i will say this for the last time, either A.) the defense gets better for no reason or B.) the offense(who hasn't been playing bad) gets some sustained drives through the ground game, check downs, and crossing routes with the occasional deep ball(why not if it works). Our timing is off thats all.

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:33 PM ET | Link

KO SIMPSON ON SIDELINES: Ko Simpson is on the bench with an ice pack wrapped around his right thigh. No word yet on an injury, but it appears he may have tweaked his hamstring. George Wilson is in.

---

Yeah, I can't understand the philosophy right now on D...the book on Warner for oh...the past 2 years or so is that if he has time he will pick you apart, but if you get in his face a lot, he will be a turnover machine(like last week where he had 3 INT's and 3 fumbles). So what does Fewell do? He sits back and rushes 4 which has generated a below 0 pass rush and Warner has picked us apart...

Get up in his face and get some pressure on him!!! He WILL turn the ball over if you do...he does not really have the arm strength to beat us deep IMHO...the biggest concern would be a short slant and a run after catch type play like Higgins with the Radiers had...

At this point, its obvious the risk is worth it tho...they simply are not getting it done the way they are playing now...did anyone have any doubt that would have been a 4th TD if the Cards had another 30-45 seconds??

completely agree--its not like the xtra DBs are preventing the CARDS passing game from being effective. We haven't stopped them one time.

I'd like to see more zone blitzing in the 2nd half. They have to get pressure up the middle against a pocket passer like Warner. I'd really like to see them double Fitzgerald and single the other receivers, but I doubt Jauron would risk giving up the big play.

There were a couple of plays in the first half where I would have liked to see them SINGLE Fitzgerald. :wallbash::unsure: