A Lot Of People Probably Already Know This

Steely Dan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright now, let's try to keep it civil. The guy posted a tidbit that he didn't know, and wanted to share w/ others who may not have known. If you already knew it, congratulations for being a well informed Bills fan.

Move on.

That's right. His bolded, large-font F-U Jackass response to a poster was a model of the decorum and the good ol' gosh-darn-it civility that we all should emulate. :lol:

That's right. His bolded, large-font F-U Jackass response to a poster was a model of the decorum and the good ol' gosh-darn-it civility that we all should emulate. :lol:

Yeah. And, to think, he wanted to do that in his initial post, before the sophomoric and all too obvious responses came forth.

I think he showed a great deal of restraint.

Dick Jauron played DB in the NFL for eight seasons and averaged 3.0 interceptions a year. His best year was six. He played for Detroit and Cincinnati from 1973-1980

Pretty cool. :lol:

Okay, just which part of his published curriculum vitae didn't you read?

I'll bet it was this part:

"Jauron was drafted in the fourth round of the 1973 NFL draft by the Detroit Lions and also by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 1973 Major League Baseball draft in June. He spent his first five NFL seasons with Detroit. He started at free safety as a rookie and was a Pro Bowl selection in 1974 after leading the NFC in punt return average (16.8). He played the final three seasons of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals, and finished with a career total of 26 interceptions and two touchdowns. After retiring from the NFL, Jauron worked two years for Nautilus Sports Medical Industries before launching his coaching career.

A graduate of Yale University with a bachelor's degree in history, Jauron holds several school rushing records, including consecutive 100-yard rushing games (16). He spent much of his childhood in Rensselaer, Ind., where his father was the head coach at St. Joseph's College. A three-sport standout at Swampscott (Mass.) High School, Jauron was named one of the top 10 prep athletes of the 20th Century in the state of Massachusetts by the Boston Globe."

In other news....MAN WALKS ON MOON!!!

Didn't you say you were going to do something about the avatar? Or was I just having one of those hopeful moments that arise like mushrooms just before the lawnmower gets its weekly workout?

OK - I was still holding on to the possibility that Steely Dan and The Dean were the same person - even enjoying the potential genius of him arguing with himself in the same thread - but unless he/they are even more devious than I could imagne - this thread dashes that possibilty.... :lol:

Didn't you say you were going to do something about the avatar? Or was I just having one of those hopeful moments that arise like mushrooms just before the lawnmower gets its weekly workout?

No, I swear he said he would change it.

Oh...and not to be an ass,

...but Steely Dan, if you didn't know something as blatant as the fact that our coach played professional football, it's better next time to keep it inside, rather than flaunting it by starting a thread on a forum inhabited by strictly die-hard bills fans. That is, unless you like being made fun of.

:worthy: Exhibit A:

You is a bonehead!!

That's right. His bolded, large-font F-U Jackass response to a poster was a model of the decorum and the good ol' gosh-darn-it civility that we all should emulate. :D

:P Is this better? f.u. jack-ass!

Yeah. And, to think, he wanted to do that in his initial post, before the sophomoric and all too obvious responses came forth.

I think he showed a great deal of restraint.

Thank you, thank you.

For a chronic provacateur, I suppose so this time.

Chronic provocateur?! Me?? Nahhhh, not me. BTW, you spelled Provocateur wrong. :worthy:

Dude, he's askin you out. :worthy:

Ewwwwwww!!!

Okay, just which part of his published curriculum vitae didn't you read?

I'll bet it was this part:

"Jauron was drafted in the fourth round of the 1973 NFL draft by the Detroit Lions and also by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 1973 Major League Baseball draft in June. He spent his first five NFL seasons with Detroit. He started at free safety as a rookie and was a Pro Bowl selection in 1974 after leading the NFC in punt return average (16.8). He played the final three seasons of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals, and finished with a career total of 26 interceptions and two touchdowns. After retiring from the NFL, Jauron worked two years for Nautilus Sports Medical Industries before launching his coaching career.

A graduate of Yale University with a bachelor's degree in history, Jauron holds several school rushing records, including consecutive 100-yard rushing games (16). He spent much of his childhood in Rensselaer, Ind., where his father was the head coach at St. Joseph's College. A three-sport standout at Swampscott (Mass.) High School, Jauron was named one of the top 10 prep athletes of the 20th Century in the state of Massachusetts by the Boston Globe."

Wrongo Betty Lou. I read it in an article I was reading off the list of articles on this site. :P

No, I swear he said he would change it.

Oh...and not to be an ass,

...but Steely Dan, if you didn't know something as blatant as the fact that our coach played professional football, it's better next time to keep it inside, rather than flaunting it by starting a thread on a forum inhabited by strictly die-hard bills fans. That is, unless you like being made fun of.

I'm sorry I don't fit your definition of a die hard fan just because I didn't know that. So forgive me, no seriously, please forgive me. B-) Seriously, I bow to your superior knowledge. I guess because I don't meet your criteria I'm just a passing casual bills fan. :cry:

Please let me know what I have to do in order to join your club. Please, please let me know. :wallbash:

In the future I'll put: "A lot of people probably already know this but I didn't. Dick Jauron played in the NFL as a DB and he played it at a high level too. Please don't call me a poor fan." All of that wouldn't fit though."

Steely Dan is honestly one of my favorite posters. I wouldn't go on a date with him, but I do appologize if I took the ball busting too far.

You are funny. See the :P I added to my response to your posts. My problems are with the superior ass wipes on the this board who think they can decide who is a die hard fan and who isn't.

Steely Dan, are you seriously responding to each individual person's comments? Let it go bro...No hard feelings, I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, we're all Bills fans here...It was just everyone's natural reaction I think to laugh because it was just sort of common knowledge.

I agree with beerball, this is funny

keep calling eachother names and saying f.u.

Franklin University is a great school! or maybe you meant

www.finlandia.edu/

which reminds me of this (check out number 9) which also makes me laugh.

Add to that a large database of company/college Acronyms and you have some very funny addresses. TOP TEN E-mail Addresses(warning may be offensive to some)

10. Hellen Thomas Eatons (Duke University) - eatonsht@dku.edu

9. Martha Elizibeth Cummins (Fresno University) - cumminme@fu.edu

8. George David Blowmer (Drop Front Drawers & Cabinets Inc.) - >blowmegd@dropdrawers.com

7. Mary Ellen Dickinson (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) -> dickinme@iup.edu

6. Francis Kevin Kissinger (Las Verdes University) - kissinfk@lvu.edu

5. Barbara Joan Beeranger (Myplace Home Decorating) - beeranbj@myplace.com

4. Amanda Sue Pickering (Purdue University) - aspicker@pu.edu

3. Ida Beatrice Ballinger (Ball State University) - ibballin@bsu.edu

2. Bradley Thomas Kissering (Brady Electrical, Northern Division, Overton Canada) - btkisser@bendover.com

1. Isabelle Haydon Adcock (Toys "R" Us) - ihadcock@tru.com