Just "won" an authentic throwback Whitner jersey

Don't know how much you paid, but I'm sure it was a good deal. I just hope it really is authentic, I've seen some knock-offs that are pretty convincing in the postings but no so much when you get them in your hands

Its probably comparable to the Posluszny jersey I bought on eBay last year - its not 100%, but damn close, considering the price I paid.

Its probably comparable to the Posluszny jersey I bought on eBay last year - its not 100%, but damn close, considering the price I paid.

The throwbacks look quite good from what I've seen. I've seen the newer style ones that look horrible, from the baby blue sleeve stripes to the pink sides and the plain white lettering - not even close! :sick:

While I'm still queasy about knockoffs -- after all, they ARE breaking the law -- the fact remains that if the NFL (and other professional sports) didn't so spectacularly overprice their merchandise, the market for bootlegs wouldn't exist.

I'll still caution people about the cheesier-looking fakes, or about "deals" that aren't ... but if someone doesn't want to pay $300 for a shirt, can't say I blame them.

Enjoy your jersey. You too, Jay.

I've seen the newer style ones that look horrible, from the baby blue sleeve stripes to the pink sides and the plain white lettering

Haha.....I have to laugh whenever I see people at the games with those!

I've been "window shopping" at E-bay for authentic Bills apparel but from alot of you have said, you can't really trust them so I'm forced browsing online shops that offer what I want but a tad more expensive. I'm resigned to the fact that if I want something real and of great quality it's better to be safe than sorry later.

I'm getting an Evans throwback here pretty soon and maybe a Poz too.

I doubt its a true "authentic" but who cares. The only ones that will notice are the "jersey snobs" who are willing to drop $300 on a shirt so that they can say they have a true "authentic" jersey

I would not consider myself a "jersey snob" .....but I make fun of the guy in front of me who bought an "authentic" Whitner jersey. My reasons for busting his chops is he BRAGGED that he got an authentic for $60....Well....It looks great from far away but he sits in front of me so I see the THOUSANDS of strings that are sticking out at the stitch points....So of course I tell him that he is supporting "sweatshops" in SE Asia by buying that jersey...and that he got ripped off

I thought the prices on the NFL jerseys were high and then the NHL came out with the Sabres new alternate jersey. It rocks the old logo, but damn are they expensive.

I'm getting to the age where I'm happy if I can just afford game tickets let alone the newest jerseys.

I bought this same jersey from nfljersey.us I'm pretty sure it's not authentic- although it did have the nfl tags on it. One thing that tipped me off was that it was mailed from china. But either way, i dig it- the numbers and lettering are stitched straight so I can't complain. Also it only cost me like $50 including shipping

I bought this same jersey from nfljersey.us I'm pretty sure it's not authentic- although it did have the nfl tags on it. One thing that tipped me off was that it was mailed from china. But either way, i dig it- the numbers and lettering are stitched straight so I can't complain. Also it only cost me like $50 including shipping

According to the website, they are replicas. I think a good replica is fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200258101438

I've been wanting a throwback, and a current player...

Hey Jay...

Can you post a review of it when you actually receive it? I've been thinking about a current player throwback myself and would love to know your reaction to this one. If you really like it, I may seek out that seller as well. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200258101438

I've been wanting a throwback, and a current player...

I have a vintage #20 "away" replica white jersey from 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it has "HENRY" on the back.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the letters W, H, & I, remove the "Y", and rearrange the HENR with the WH&I so I can spell WHITNER.

My other choice is to just get a jersey with the name label that says "ANY NAME", like you see in the JC Penny Catalogues.

I got it figured out......this free agency thing is a scam to sell overpriced jerseys!

....So of course I tell him that he is supporting "sweatshops" in SE Asia by buying that jersey...and that he got ripped off

Me thinks the NFL uses some factories in Asia or India to make a majority of there overpriced crap. So who is better?

I got my $60 "authentic" throwback whitner off ebay too, and you know what? It looks pretty damn good to me, better than a screen printed $70 jobber from nfl.com.

$300 for an authentic jersey tells me one thing, you have way to much money to burn on a peice of clothing you wear what 20 times a year.

Hey Jay...

Can you post a review of it when you actually receive it? I've been thinking about a current player throwback myself and would love to know your reaction to this one. If you really like it, I may seek out that seller as well. Thanks.

Will do. The guy's from Buffalo, so how bad can it be?

Me thinks the NFL uses some factories in Asia or India to make a majority of there overpriced crap. So who is better?

I got my $60 "authentic" throwback whitner off ebay too, and you know what? It looks pretty damn good to me, better than a screen printed $70 jobber from nfl.com.

$300 for an authentic jersey tells me one thing, you have way to much money to burn on a peice of clothing you wear what 20 times a year.

But you are not a jersey snob, and if you had their fine eye for fakes, you would be able to join in on the laugh everytime you see someone sporting a knockoff

Taking a shot at somoene for tying to pass a replica off as an authentic is fine becuase you are taking the shot at the fact that they are trying to lie about it

This jersey was waiting for me when I got back from Arizona, and I gotta say it looks better than I thought it would. The stitching on the front & back numbers is really nice, and there was plastic covering the painted sleeve stripes. One of the shoulder numbers has a slight wrinkle, but I'm very happy with it.

This seller has 3 Hardy & 2 Poz jerseys out there right now: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZofw-buffalo

I just recieved a lynch jersey from this same vendor. It is very good quality for how much i paid (60 bucks buy it now).

The numbers on the front appear to be a little smaller than they normally would be, but it could just be me. If this seller has any left I would recommend picking one up.

I'm starting to think that rather than these being knock-offs they are actually "imperfects" that they decided not to sell through their own channels. I know the super bowl shirts showing the losing team end up in Asia somewhere - the same might be true of these and they're just getting back here instead.

This jersey was waiting for me when I got back from Arizona, and I gotta say it looks better than I thought it would. The stitching on the front & back numbers is really nice, and there was plastic covering the painted sleeve stripes. One of the shoulder numbers has a slight wrinkle, but I'm very happy with it.

This seller has 3 Hardy & 2 Poz jerseys out there right now: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZofw-buffalo

Thanks Jay, appreciate the review. I may be looking at that L Poz.

Thanks Jay, appreciate the review. I may be looking at that L Poz.

May I also suggest www.jerseysupplier.com

The guy is from China and I purchased from him a Lynch jersey. The guy was really friendly, great communication and used PayPal so you couldn't get ripped off. Cost me $50 with the numbers and letters sewn on and it looks great. Plus I've had it for over a year now and it hasn't fallen apart! :ph34r:

I know a bunch of my friends have bought jerseys from him for other teams and sports and they've had no complaints.

I'm starting to think that rather than these being knock-offs they are actually "imperfects"

Reminds me of a great shirt I got at a Champions outlet on West Ridge Road years ago (these outlets are long gone, right?).

The t-shirt said "George Washington University." And had picture of Abraham Lincoln on the front.... :doh:

Reminds me of a great shirt I got at a Champions outlet on West Ridge Road years ago (these outlets are long gone, right?).

The t-shirt said "George Washington University." And had picture of Abraham Lincoln on the front.... :doh:

:lol:

The worst thing is, those shirts were made in the USA!

I used to love those Champions Outlets.

Gotta love the nfljersey.us slogan: "We are professional NFL supplier." Sounds exactly like the broken English I hear every time I order Sesame Chicken...

I'd be willing to bet that the ebay guy gets his stuff wholesale from China, either counterfeit or mysteriously "fallen off the back of a truck." I think the "wrestlewithpandas" handle might give it away...

Gotta love the nfljersey.us slogan: "We are professional NFL supplier." Sounds exactly like the broken English I hear every time I order Sesame Chicken...

I'd be willing to bet that the ebay guy gets his stuff wholesale from China, either counterfeit or mysteriously "fallen off the back of a truck." I think the "wrestlewithpandas" handle might give it away...

Wrestleswithpandas is me - the buyer. Like I said, I think this jersey is either a) a real but imperfect one, or 2) a better-than-average knockoff.