Lee Evans locked up long-term

silvermike

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the market value for receivers now. Check out how the first 5 seasons of Evans' career compares to Marvin Harrison, TO, and Steve Smith. Then look at the QBs Evans has played with. He is good.

Yeah, he's good. But at that chunk of salcap, the question is "Is he great?"

He grabs fewer balls, scores fewer TD's and gains fewer yards than all those guys. And probably makes more money than any of them.

He's a great guy and a very good player, but 9 million dollars a year is an awful lot of money to give to a 190lb wr who catches 60 balls a year, has only hit 1,000 yards once and has never caught 10 TD's.

I'm glad he'll be around for a few but this signing is likely to cost us a good player or two down the road. Don't know whether it'll be worth it, particularly if it's a Stroud and/or a LWalker. :worthy:

This is good news. I can now buy that Evans jersey I have been holding off on the last few weeks...

I wish that Bills fans would give this guy more credit, he doesn't seem to get the respect he is due IMO.

The guy can grab catches way out of range (probably due to having JP for 3 years!!!) and once he gets used to Trents ability to put it in the basket, we are good to go !!!

Thanks for signing with us Lee!!!

B.

All Bills fans I know give him great respect and we all wanted him signed.

puts him right below larry fitzgerald's 4 year 40 mil deal

He's not in the same class as Fitz. This is a terrible deal. The guy deserves Berrian money, not a cent more.

A 55-75 reception receiver is not a #1, he's simply a deep threat. Do we think we are the Yankees looking for homers now.