Lee Evans locked up long-term

silvermike

mark these words - by this time next year evans will be at the very least the '6th highest paid WR" in the NFL.......it's all relative at the end of the day

the bottom line is the bills had to retain evans so they wouldn't be wasting a very valuable draft pick replacing him.......now that valuable draft pick can be spent on a true area of need (i.e. TE, OC, etc.), and that will only serve to further strengthen the club..........the future if bright for the bills and i'm glad evans wanted to be a part of it.........we've watched enough stars leave buffalo over the past few years over dollars - i'm glad evans wanted to stick around and that the bills put the dollars in front of him to make it a reasonable option for him to stay

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mark these words - by this time next year evans will be at the very least the '6th highest paid WR" in the NFL.......it's all relative at the end of the day

the bottom line is the bills had to retain evans so they wouldn't be wasting a very valuable draft pick replacing him.......now that valuable draft pick can be spent on a true area of need (i.e. TE, OC, etc.), and that will only serve to further strengthen the club..........the future if bright for the bills and i'm glad evans wanted to be a part of it.........we've watched enough stars leave buffalo over the past few years over dollars - i'm glad evans wanted to stick around and that the bills put the dollars in front of him to make it a reasonable option for him to stay

IMO, LB will be the biggest need on this team next draft. Crowell is leaving. The stuff that happened at the beginning of this season has cinched that.

I think a first round LB and maybe a later one depending on how well Alvin Bowen recouperates. Aside from LB the team really isn't short at any position. It'll be a luxury draft and not a need draft as much.

At least you admit you are a homer. I'm a realist. I never said the Bills don't have a plan either if they don't sign Evans. What I said is that I don't like the signing for that kind of money.

Evans is on course for 56 receptions. Sure he might have over 1,000 yards, but that isn't how this offense is made to run.

I haven't seen you mention any alternative aside from Roy Williams. But he's going to be the #1 FA WR this offseason, assuming he's not franchised, and I expect a huge deal for him, making it tough for the Bills to really be in that competition.

I think most observers would agree that Evans would've been the #2 FA WR, so look at it like we just signed the second best free agent out there to a contract that will not seem that exorbitant a year or two from now.

IMO, LB will be the biggest need on this team next draft. Crowell is leaving. The stuff that happened at the beginning of this season has cinched that.

I think a first round LB and maybe a later one depending on how well Alvin Bowen recouperates. Aside from LB the team really isn't short at any position. It'll be a luxury draft and not a need draft as much.

I think center is being shown as a glaring need for this team, moreso than linebacker.

how often does ellison see the field? youboty is out there at least half the time (if not more), which means ellison is not..........nickel means a LB hits the bench and that is ellison.........IMO, the need to replace ellison is severely overstated on this board

i can tell you who has seen the field a lot more then 50% of the time - fowler.........i think fowler has been competent, but he certainly could be upgraded and given that he is a UFA the need is a no brainer in my eyes

TE is also a big need area given royal's limited natural ability.........watching travis beckham tonight, we could certainly use a receiving TE like that

Lee Evans showed why he was paid and extended with that 87 yard TD catch. More importantly, he showed why he was paid when he juked the CB out of his jockstrap, at the beginning of that 87 TD catch.

He also showed his speed on the end-around.

With the route he ran on that deep ball (87 yd. td), do any of you critics think he is still overrated and not worth it?

Lee Evans showed why he was paid and extended with that 87 yard TD catch. More importantly, he showed why he was paid when he juked the CB out of his jockstrap, at the beginning of that 87 TD catch.

He also showed his speed on the end-around.

With the route he ran on that deep ball (87 yd. td), do any of you critics think he is still overrated and not worth it?

Yes. 2 receptions is not acceptable. Sure he had 100 yards, but 87 was from 1 play for a TD. We need a chain moving WR who will keep the D fresh. I know that might come as a shock to some people, but a burner is great to have, and Lee is a burner and has great hands. He's no Larry Fitz. Fitz had less yards but he was accountable more to the team for moving the chains, making the D know where he was. Lee was manned up 1-on-1 and he was a factor for all of one play. For the rest of the game what did he contribute as a WR? (notice I said as a WR as his reverse was fantastic)

I've seen #1 WRs, and they do more to the team than hit home-runs. If you want the Yankees mentality of homer (literally and figuratively) ball or bust than Lee's your man. Lee hasn't proven he's a true #1.

how often does ellison see the field? youboty is out there at least half the time (if not more), which means ellison is not..........nickel means a LB hits the bench and that is ellison.........IMO, the need to replace ellison is severely overstated on this board

i can tell you who has seen the field a lot more then 50% of the time - fowler.........i think fowler has been competent, but he certainly could be upgraded and given that he is a UFA the need is a no brainer in my eyes

TE is also a big need area given royal's limited natural ability.........watching travis beckham tonight, we could certainly use a receiving TE like that

The Bills changed their defensive scheme to accommodate Crowell being lost for the year. Crowell will not be back and having another starting caliber LB increases the number of options for Fewell.

Yes. 2 receptions is not acceptable. Sure he had 100 yards, but 87 was from 1 play for a TD. We need a chain moving WR who will keep the D fresh. I know that might come as a shock to some people, but a burner is great to have, and Lee is a burner and has great hands. He's no Larry Fitz. Fitz had less yards but he was accountable more to the team for moving the chains, making the D know where he was. Lee was manned up 1-on-1 and he was a factor for all of one play. For the rest of the game what did he contribute as a WR? (notice I said as a WR as his reverse was fantastic)

I've seen #1 WRs, and they do more to the team than hit home-runs. If you want the Yankees mentality of homer (literally and figuratively) ball or bust than Lee's your man. Lee hasn't proven he's a true #1.

:thumbdown::D :D :angry: :angry: :lol: :lol:

MODS NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST WHILE SMOKING CRACK!!!!!!!!!!

THAT MIGHT BE THE DUMBEST THING EVER POSTED HERE!!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

The Bills changed their defensive scheme to accommodate Crowell being lost for the year. Crowell will not be back and having another starting caliber LB increases the number of options for Fewell.

what changes did they make?

they're aren't many teams in the league that aren't playing nickel or dime around 50% of the game.........the bills are no exception, with crowell or without

unless your advocating sending poz or mitchell to the bench in nickel situations, please help me understand how a backer who sees the field half the time is more important to the team's success then a starting center

They compensate by having more DB's on the field than they would have if Crowell was playing.

and this assumption is based on what exactly? you have a quote from the bills staff indicating that? if crowell was around, what percentage of the plays would the bills be in nickel/dime?

Ignore steely dan, he has no idea what he's talking about 90% of the time.

1. Good job not calling me some sort of name while posting your opinion. Maybe I've taught you something. :thumbsup:

Also, your knowledge of the game seems to be a little weak. How can you not know the easy trivia questions I asked you.

2. The draft picks are not being played because of the size of people's contracts is proof you don't know what you're talking about. :devil:

3. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't know what they art talking about. I have made stupid comments here, I'm willing to admit that. Do you believe all of your posts have been intelligent?