The Bills are putting themselves in a bad position

ieatcrayonz

Here's the deal:

And 11-5 record beats a 10-6 record no matter who you friggin played. The Bills need to win EVERY GAME!

What the hell kind of crazy talk thinks about losing NFC games? The only thing that is finite is the number of games - 16. You want to win them ALL.

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

I understand the logic of this post. I'm not sure what you haters are missing.

You understand the logic? If I were you, I'd be frightened by that thought.

Here's the deal:

And 11-5 record beats a 10-6 record no matter who you friggin played. The Bills need to win EVERY GAME!

What the hell kind of crazy talk thinks about losing NFC games? The only thing that is finite is the number of games - 16. You want to win them ALL.

Et tu, todd? I mean, I understand the rookies being reeled in ...

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

You have traumatized my son. :blink: Now I have to explain to him that you are just a figment of our imaginations. :thumbdown:

You have traumatized my son. :blink: Now I have to explain to him that you are just a figment of our imaginations. :thumbdown:

Explain that the poster EATS CRAYONS! And ground him for 3 hours for thinking that was a legit post.

I would think that, with a mom like you, he would know a joke when he sees/hears it.

Hopefully this puts this ridiculous post to a rest:

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

It does put the thing to a rest and thanks for helping me prove my point. Some of these people just don't get it. All of these tie breaker scenarios put the Bills in a great position if they happen to tie with the Rams or Seahawks. One problem: They can't tie those teams because they are in a different conference. They would not play them until the Super Bowl and there is no home field advantage to be gained there.

As you move down your chart, none of the top priorities are aided by beating NFC teams. Some are hurt by NFC wins.

Thanks for putting up your post. I didn't do it in my original because I thought it might make my post too long. Once this thing got to 5 pages I should have put it up to finally prove my point. It is kind of crazy how people around here will jump on you for "being negative" when you are just explaining something to them.

It does put the thing to a rest and thanks for helping me prove my point. Some of these people just don't get it. All of these tie breaker scenarios put the Bills in a great position if they happen to tie with the Rams or Seahawks. One problem: They can't tie those teams because they are in a different conference. They would not play them until the Super Bowl and there is no home field advantage to be gained there.

As you move down your chart, none of the top priorities are aided by beating NFC teams. Some are hurt by NFC wins.

Thanks for putting up your post. I didn't do it in my original because I thought it might make my original post too long. Once this thing got to 5 pages I should have put it up to finally prove my point. It is kind of crazy how people around here will jump on you for "being negative" when you are just explaining something to them.

This is absurd. Show me how it hurts to have a win and helps to have a loss? Granted it is more beneficial to win within the division followed by a win in the conference but losing against the NFC is NOT a good thing, ever.

This is absurd. Show me how it hurts to have a win and helps to have a loss? Granted it is more beneficial to win within the division followed by a win in the conference but losing against the NFC is NOT a good thing, ever.

Let it go man....

Thanks for putting up your post. I didn't do it in my original because I thought it might make my post too long. Once this thing got to 5 pages I should have put it up to finally prove my point. It is kind of crazy how people around here will jump on you for "being negative" when you are just explaining something to them.

For the record, my post of the tie-breakers was not to back your argument up. Not to pile on or bash.....but.....Wins-Losses is the first and utmost tie breaker, followed by various scenarios with division record, conference record, head to head etc. There is no point trying to make sure that the Bills could possibly win tie-breaker # 7, if it never even gets to it. Win-Loss is the first determining factor. Period.

Besides, the top 4 or 5 tie breakers only relate to head to head record, division record, or conference record....having nothing to do with the NFC.

5-0...go BILLS!

This is just insane, and pathetic. Let's say we were going to finish 11-5. But then we intentionally lose to the Cardinals and end up finishing 10-6. This idiot is saying 10-6 is better than 11-5.

I think his whole argument rests on the theory that we're destined to lose a certain amount of games, and that it's better to lose them to NFC teams than AFC teams. As if we're going to lose to the Jets because we didn't lose to the Cards.

This is so stupid.

This is just insane, and pathetic. Let's say we were going to finish 11-5. But then we intentionally lose to the Cardinals and end up finishing 10-6. This idiot is saying 10-6 is better than 11-5.

I think his whole argument rests on the theory that we're destined to lose a certain amount of games, and that it's better to lose them to NFC teams than AFC teams. As if we're going to lose to the Jets because we didn't lose to the Cards.

This is so stupid.

Let it go man..