Few things from the Rams game.........

marauderswr80

Some things that really bothered me with the Rams game today, feel free to reply.....

First, our running game is terrible still. Lynch has to again earn every single yard he gets. Save the better passing game will make for a better run game stuff, I think its vice versa. The big uglies up front need to block better for our backs and make more holes for them.

Second: Help our players up off the ground just dont walk away. Seriously Lynch took a pounding today and I think I counted twice when his teammates helped him up.

Third: Jason Peters, dude......thanks for missing camp. you have costed not only us as a team but yourself. You are much father behind then you think you are out there. I hope he turns up his play here sometime soon, I hope the BYE week will help.

Overall another tough game from a NON LEGIT team. But these are games we lost last year and are winning this year. Trent didnt look great but made just enought plays to win. What a pass to Evans for a TD.

Run defense was terrible first half, but stout for the 2nd half....... :sick:

Again please with the W, but this team tons of work of somethings...

I agree the run blocking is just brutal...

I have never seen a team that forces its running backs to change where the play is going because there are 4 opposing players in the backfield seemingly before Lynch/Jackson get the handoff as many times as this team...the majority of the yards gained by our RBs is because they stop and cut back behind the mass of players and gain 3 or 4 yards by themselves...

I disagree about the helping the players up thing...every time I saw Lynch on the ground he was getting helped up by teammates

Peters is learning a valuable lesson...no matter how good you are, you cannot miss training camp and hope to compete at a high level the 1st quarter of the season....

On the non-legit thing:

Oakland led SD 15-0 for the majority of the game and then collapsed at the end when they were tied 18-18 in the 4th quarter after allowing a long runback leading to a FG and a long LT run that iced it for the Chargers...perhaps they are more legit than they are given creddit for...especially their D, which harassed and bottled up Rivers and LT the majority of the day...

Yes, STL sucked, but they made lots of changes hoping to provide a spark, with the head coaches arse on the line and it helped for the 1st half...eventually however, our playmakers started making plays and we totally shut them out the 2nd half...

Ask Denver how legit KC was?? They still might be the worst team in the NFL and totally handled a high-powered Denver team and exposed their horrible defense....

There are no gimme wins in this league...the talent is just too close on most teams....bad teams are not usually bad because of their talent level as much as the mental states of their players and the coaching ability of the coaches...

Some things that really bothered me with the Rams game today, feel free to reply.....

First, our running game is terrible still. Lynch has to again earn every single yard he gets. Save the better passing game will make for a better run game stuff, I think its vice versa. The big uglies up front need to block better for our backs and make more holes for them.

Second: Help our players up off the ground just dont walk away. Seriously Lynch took a pounding today and I think I counted twice when his teammates helped him up.

Third: Jason Peters, dude......thanks for missing camp. you have costed not only us as a team but yourself. You are much father behind then you think you are out there. I hope he turns up his play here sometime soon, I hope the BYE week will help.

Overall another tough game from a NON LEGIT team. But these are games we lost last year and are winning this year. Trent didnt look great but made just enought plays to win. What a pass to Evans for a TD.

Run defense was terrible first half, but stout for the 2nd half....... :sick:

But according to many on this board you can't gripe because we are 4-0.

Run defense was terrible first half, but stout for the 2nd half....... :rolleyes:

Sounds like a young team learning and working things out. Enjoy the ride. At least we are on a road heading in the correct direction.

No doubt the run blocking is ugly at times. That said, the Bills did have a total of 110 yards in total rushing yards in the game, so how bad they were, I don't know. Keep in mind, there were two 25+ runs that were negated by what appeared to be AWFUL calls by the officials. Tripping? Really?

That said, yes, the O-Line, which is the biggest in the NFL, needs to play better in the first half of games. I think the D was solid most of the game and the Rams scored one touchdown on a trick play. For the most part, the D was solid, though much more so in the second half.

TE was solid, but not great. Lee Evans needs a new contract folks.

Yeah I know. I love being 4-0 and all, but I see the potential of the team and its very bright. But if this team ever got its running attack going, the passing game would be legit. Guess its just a classic case of me not being happy.

The important time to be happy is week 16 and 17. I'm hoping for you, because they'll be a lot of happy Bills fans right along with you.

Yeah I know. I love being 4-0 and all, but I see the potential of the team and its very bright. But if this team ever got its running attack going, the passing game would be legit. Guess its just a classic case of me not being happy.

How about we just let those big hogs fire out and block? Enough of this finesse BS. Fire off the line and run straight ahead. Let Marshawn or Jackson pick their gap.

How about we just let those big hogs fire out and block? Enough of this finesse BS. Fire off the line and run straight ahead. Let Marshawn or Jackson pick their gap.

I agree. We're getting too cute back there. With the amount of mistakes made today, it's awesome we won by 17.

I am going to celebrate us being 4-0, the coaches are pretty good at and are paid for their abilities to take care of the other stuff!!

I don't think that you will find one Bills fan who is unhappy with being 4-0. But...run blocking has sucked, and it sucked last year with the same group. Hopefully they will find the right scheme...we did run better in the second half I believe.

Great to be 4-0 but have to agree about the run game. We've got way too much money (with more soon to come) tied up in the O-line to be this pathetic at running the ball. And this goes back to last year but quite honestly even before that. Sure, you can point to stats of long runs here or there but could someone tell me the last time this o-line had a dominating game performance running the ball? I don't see games that often, but Lynch hasn't rushed for 100 yds this year and not that many times last year.

My big worry is that "beast mode" burns Marshawn out in the next 2-3 years. It's one thing if he's punishing DB's 15 yds downfield, it's another if he's punishing DL/LB at the line trying to squeeze out a miserable yard or 2. Good luck with his durability.

How the hell do you have an o-line better at pass blocking then run blocking? That's completely backwards to how things usually work. Anyone with any observations/thoughts on this? Is it because of Fowler, or donut breaks the line takes on certain plays?

Also, I agree with others that this is a young team still trying to find itself. It's great that they have the confidence to come back on people, you'd rather see it against the Dallas Cowboys of the league as opposed to the Raiders/Rams. But, it should be a fun year (barring injury). Go Bills.

Lynch is a friggin beast. He should be getting 100 yards a game easy. He makes something out of nothing. I am very happy where the Bills are at 4-0. I do hope that the run blocking gets better. If it were just adequate I think we would be dominating teams.

Great to be 4-0 but have to agree about the run game. We've got way too much money (with more soon to come) tied up in the O-line to be this pathetic at running the ball. And this goes back to last year but quite honestly even before that. Sure, you can point to stats of long runs here or there but could someone tell me the last time this o-line had a dominating game performance running the ball? I don't see games that often, but Lynch hasn't rushed for 100 yds this year and not that many times last year.

My big worry is that "beast mode" burns Marshawn out in the next 2-3 years. It's one thing if he's punishing DB's 15 yds downfield, it's another if he's punishing DL/LB at the line trying to squeeze out a miserable yard or 2. Good luck with his durability.

How the hell do you have an o-line better at pass blocking then run blocking? That's completely backwards to how things usually work. Anyone with any observations/thoughts on this? Is it because of Fowler, or donut breaks the line takes on certain plays?

Also, I agree with others that this is a young team still trying to find itself. It's great that they have the confidence to come back on people, you'd rather see it against the Dallas Cowboys of the league as opposed to the Raiders/Rams. But, it should be a fun year (barring injury). Go Bills.

Did somebody mention donuts?

Ummm...

You're not suggesting run, run, pass are you?!?!?!

Of course not, of course not. You're expecting the run, pass, run that works great all the time. Really it's about execution. You have to remember we are running a somewhat new offense this year and it will take time. Peters didn't help either. If we're not run blocking well now, then let's not do it until we're in the lead.

I totally agree we kinda suck at run blocking. What scares me is we have " alot of money with more to come" already tied up, will that keep us from trying to upgrade the center and RG positions next year? Both Fowler AND Butler are a huge liability in short yardage and drive blocking situations. I know Butler has just been extended but oh well, we need an upgrade there as well as at center.

Yes, STL sucked, but they made lots of changes hoping to provide a spark, with the head coaches arse on the line and it helped for the 1st half...eventually however, our playmakers started making plays and we totally shut them out the 2nd half...

I agree with this. They were playing the first half for pride and had a lot of adreneline. Once that wore off the better football team got down to business and won the game. It is a great feeling to see your team come out and take over a game when they need to, it has been a while for us.