Report: Linehan is out if Rams lose to Bills

Max997

Report: Linehan is out if Rams lose to Bills

Marc Bulger - QB - STL - Sep. 27 - 6:28 p.m. ET

SI's Peter King is reporting that coach Scott Linehan is expected to be given his "walking papers" if the Rams lose to the Bills on Sunday.

Linehan has the Rams off to an 0-3 start and has nearly lost the faith of his entire offense. Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Torry Holt have all spoken out, or at least hinted, that they're fed up with their head coach.

Source: Associated Press

i think he's out either way

That's what I think too. If they can't blow this team out I'll be really upset.

Eh The Bills aren't in a position to blow teams out yet. They're probably a year away from that kind of play. As long as they come out of stl with a W that's all that counts. I think Arizona is a more legit test next week.

Eh The Bills aren't in a position to blow teams out yet. They're probably a year away from that kind of play. As long as they come out of stl with a W that's all that counts. I think Arizona is a more legit test next week.

This team is so pathetic they should be able to do that.

While i agree with you to a point, didn't we beat seattle just three weeks ago by 24 points, a team that blew st. louis out along with the giants and beagles?

While i agree with you to a point, didn't we beat seattle just three weeks ago by 24 points, a team that blew st. louis out along with the giants and beagles?

yeah they did. The giants game was close till the 4th quarter. Both them and the eagles are far superior teams right now imho. Hey I'm as happy as the next Bills fan, about the season so far. I just don't expect blowouts. I'm getting used to the feeling of watching this team score 20+ pts a game as it is. I mean hey we're headed in the right direction. I'd love a blowout win. I just don't expect it. If it happens all the better.

The Arizona game is the one that I've had circled on my calendar as the biggest potential "trap game", and I put that in quotes because I'm seeing that a lot of posters on this board feel the same way. That's the one that worries me, followed by San Diego - a much bigger challenge.

As for the Rams game, Jesus, I'd just love them to be up by about 14 points with about 5 minutes to go so I don't feel like throwing up. And that doesn't have to do with the quantity and quality of beer I'm drinking. I guess I think you're right. They're not quite at the point at which they are expected to be dominant and ruthless. This could be a Maalox season.

Arizona's no trap game -- in fact, given Jax's o-line woes, the Cards should easily be the best team Buffalo plays before the bye.

Back on topic: Linehan faces fourth-and-long

By Jim Thomas

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

09/28/2008

After a disastrous 0-8 start littered with injuries, the 2007 Rams gathered themselves during the bye week and managed to win three of their next four. Perhaps with that mini-surge in mind, team President John Shaw all but guaranteed that coach Scott Linehan would return in 2008 during an interview with the Post-Dispatch in early December.

Here's how one Rams player, speaking on condition of anonymity responded at the time to that news: "If you hear about me jumping off the (Gateway) Arch, you'll know why."

That may have been an extreme reaction, but the response of the entire team has been telling.

The Rams have not won since.

The Arizona game is the one that I've had circled on my calendar as the biggest potential "trap game", and I put that in quotes because I'm seeing that a lot of posters on this board feel the same way. That's the one that worries me, followed by San Diego - a much bigger challenge.

As for the Rams game, Jesus, I'd just love them to be up by about 14 points with about 5 minutes to go so I don't feel like throwing up. And that doesn't have to do with the quantity and quality of beer I'm drinking. I guess I think you're right. They're not quite at the point at which they are expected to be dominant and ruthless. This could be a Maalox season.

if you think thats a safe lead, you havent been a Bills fan long enough :lol:

i said earlier this week that, looking at the schedule, that there arent many "should lose" games. But we are going to drop a few, so the losses this year are going to be that much more painful. however, even if we drop the cards, chargers, broncos and pats away game... thats still 12-4! Go Bills!

I wouldnt say its a trap game but its definately the game you could see the Bills having trouble with considering the Cards will be coming off two games on the east coast and possibly two losses

The Cards play better at home and Warner has throw for 27 Tds in his last 11 games, thats pretty good. He is still prone to turnovers and they are still the Cards but that will be a very tough game for the Bills

todays game against the Rams scared me because I never like playing 0-2 or 0-3 teams but they are in such disarray and with the report of Linehan being fired if they lose I wouldnt be surprised if the Rams throw in the towel early today...the key for the Bills will be to get up early and not give them any hope