HOLT ON THE OUTS IN ST. LOUIS?

bills_red

With Evans due for a contract extension renting out Holt right now might not be the most feasible thing. However Holt is the consummate professional, and a lot like issac bruce did for him. Could show Roscoe, and James Hardy the ropes of life as a wr in the NFL. While they perfect their craft.

Roscoe has been here long enough to learn the ropes and i would perfer the captain of our team show him than holt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do like Holt, I don't think I'd be willing to get into a bidding war with teams like the seahawks (who despiratly need a reciever) for his services. I think he could be a piece of the puzzle to make the Bills a better team, but not nearly as big a piece he would be to Seattle right now.

While I do like Holt, I don't think I'd be willing to get into a bidding war with teams like the seahawks (who despiratly need a reciever) for his services. I think he could be a piece of the puzzle to make the Bills a better team, but not nearly as big a piece he would be to Seattle right now.

Engram and Branch will be back soon... Engram this week.

If you think Reed brings more to each game than Holt would I don't know what to say. If his knee is fine he's better than Evans, forget Reed. The guy is amazing and a professional. He doesn't have many years in the tank, but he would be good for his 2 years that he has on his contract. It's still fantasy football than reality, but any GM with any semblance of a brain his head would take the guy.

I wouldn't play around with players like that. While you or myself, may not like Josh Reed. The Bills obviously do. That's not to say they wouldn't be willing to upgrade the position, but I doubt they'd trade Reed to do so. Him and Trent have good chemistry together. Hell he is our leading receiver in terms of receptions. He's also our best blocking wr. I'd offer up a 3rd or 4th for Holt. If like was previously stated by Dean if the Bills felt he was one of the last pieces of the puzzle.

I really like Josh Reed it's not about that. One receiver will have to go. Holt would take the second receiver slot and push Reed to third receiver. The only other option would be to trade Parrish and with McKelvin on the roster that makes a little sense. The team could trade for Holt and then trade with another team and get a better draft pick than they spent for Holt.

Very doubtful they'd trade him within their own division.

I haven't seen him play this year, but find it hard to believe he's fallen off the cliff after being a lock for 90/1200 his whole career. Obviously the Rams are a disaster so I would expect that has a lot to do with Holt's issues.

I'm sure this board would have exploded in outrage had it been around back when they signed that useless old fart James Loften. <_<

I haven't seen him play this year, but find it hard to believe he's fallen off the cliff after being a lock for 90/1200 his whole career. Obviously the Rams are a disaster so I would expect that has a lot to do with Holt's issues.

I'm sure this board would have exploded in outrage had it been around back when they signed that useless old fart James Loften. <_<

Oh I was very upset when we signed Loften, whoever that is... though was much happier when we signed his homonym... :o

Football doesnt do rental players like they do in the NHL. Holt is most likly going to be let go in the offseason for the pure fact that this team will have to gut the roster and rebuld and anyone on the plus side of 30 (or close to it) will be tossed aside.

Holt will be a Panther next year. He has already come out and said he would like to play there.

Heres the link

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/24180-t...ing-to-st-louis

Football doesnt do rental players like they do in the NHL. Holt is most likly going to be let go in the offseason for the pure fact that this team will have to gut the roster and rebuld and anyone on the plus side of 30 (or close to it) will be tossed aside.

Holt will be a Panther next year. He has already come out and said he would like to play there.

Heres the link

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/24180-t...ing-to-st-louis

"He also has a chance to play alongside his brother Terrence Holt"

Who was cut

Anyone really want Holt? Why i love our team the way it is, lets build throught the draft and win that way. I like the exciting offseason signings of donahoe as much as the next guy but we didnt win

I don't want to throw big money at him. If he signs for a reasonable price for 1-2 years I'm for it (if cut). If he wants 10 million a year for 5 year no way I want him.

Boy St. Louis is really dysfunctional. Although they are a mess, I think we'd better keep our gaurd up. These teams on the verge of imploding seem to have the equivalent of a dead cat bounce, and I hope we don't run into that.

:lol:

Love it, and totally agree. I'm not really worried about the Bills looking past SL. I'm simply worried about SL putting it together for one game and beating the Bills.