HOLT ON THE OUTS IN ST. LOUIS?

bills_red

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Evans due for a contract extension renting out Holt right now might not be the most feasible thing. However Holt is the consummate professional, and a lot like issac bruce did for him. Could show Roscoe, and James Hardy the ropes of life as a wr in the NFL. While they perfect their craft.

You guys are not being very realistic.

First of all, he would absolutely be worth a draft pick. At least a third round pick. He's only 32 and under contract for the remainder of this year and next at a manageable $12.3 million (over this season and next season). And I say manageable when you consider top flight guys are getting nearly $10 million per season now.

Secondly, this is not a Bills-type acquisition. He would stunt the growth of a guy like Hardy. There is nothing Holt is going to show him that Evans can't. The Bills have made a conscious effort to go young. This goes against that.

First of all, he would absolutely be worth a draft pick. At least a third round pick. He's only 32 and under contract for the remainder of this year and next at a manageable $12.3 million (over this season and next season). And I say manageable when you consider top flight guys are getting nearly $10 million per season now.

Secondly, this is not a Bills-type acquisition. He would stunt the growth of a guy like Hardy. There is nothing Holt is going to show him that Evans can't. The Bills have made a conscious effort to go young. This goes against that.

This would be a good pickup for the Bills if they thought it was one of the last pieces to the puzzle. If they knew they weren't going to extend Reed, then maybe it isn't really that far fetched. (Maybe I'm just overtired, though). The $$ shouldn't be that big of an issue, they have the cap room, I think.

He's damaged goods. His speed is pretty much gone, and he goes with the Harrison dive every time he's asked to make a catch over the middle. No thank you.

Beware the Eric Moulds-like decline in yards per catch around and after the age of 30 syndrome. Much like Moulds was never the same after his groin injury, Holt is battling that knee problem that will cause him never to approach the numbers of earlier in his career.

A veteran piece to the puzzle can make all the difference in the world. I don't see how having Holt over here could possibly stunt Hardy's growth. Hardy isn't ready to step into a prominent role, and Holt would be the perfect man to do so while Hardy matures.

Is it realistic to think the Bills will acquire Holt? Probably not. But would he benefit the team? There's no doubt about it.

If Linehan even considers doing something that bull-goose loony, Chip Rosenbloom needs to fire his ass. NOW.

:devil:

Linehan is plum loco!!!!!!!

I'd be all for trading for Holt. Send them Josh Reed for Holt. If he wants to get rid of Holt to make a point to the team he'll be willing to deal almost anything for Holt. He might trade Holt and a draft pick to get Reed. That may sound steep but he's a looney.

I'd be all for trading for Holt. Send them Josh Reed for Holt. If he wants to get rid of Holt to make a point to the team he'll be willing to deal almost anything for Holt. He might trade Holt and a draft pick to get Reed. That may sound steep but he's a looney.

no, nooo! If they're desperate to get rid of Holt, we won't have to trade a mainstay on this team for him. A 6th or 7th round pick, or wait until he's released. Holt is good, but he's not what he used to be. He'd be a veteran addition, so there's no way we give up a player like Reed, who contributes on a regular basis.

no, nooo! If they're desperate to get rid of Holt, we won't have to trade a mainstay on this team for him. A 6th or 7th round pick, or wait until he's released. Holt is good, but he's not what he used to be. He'd be a veteran addition, so there's no way we give up a player like Reed, who contributes on a regular basis.

Well one receiver will probably have to go and I'd prefer to keep Steve Johnson. Reed is not nearly as effective as Holt is. Believe me, the Bills offense would be a lot better off with Holt.

As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't trade Reed for Holt. Reed knows his role, and does it very well. He's miscast as a #2 receiver and we all know it, but he's not going to B word because he doesn't put up 90 yards per game.

This is the NFL, not a fantasy football league. That's not even to mention that Reed is more of a threat over the middle than Holt, and he's not nearly the kitty that Holt can be. I wouldn't underestimate the grit and toughness that Reed brings to the offense, even if he's only catching 3 balls for 34 yards or whatever in a game. I know the comparison is a stretch, but would the Pats trade Welker for Holt? I doubt it.

I wouldn't play around with players like that. While you or myself, may not like Josh Reed. The Bills obviously do. That's not to say they wouldn't be willing to upgrade the position, but I doubt they'd trade Reed to do so. Him and Trent have good chemistry together. Hell he is our leading receiver in terms of receptions. He's also our best blocking wr. I'd offer up a 3rd or 4th for Holt. If like was previously stated by Dean if the Bills felt he was one of the last pieces of the puzzle.

I don't agree with the moves Linehan is making personally, but you gotta figure the next coach is gonna clean house anyways. By just cutting these guys, Linehan sure isn't doing the organization any favors with leaving them with a few (even low round) draft choices for anyone he gives the axe. We'll see if he even tries to get a draft pick for anyone else he cuts.........