Rams turning on Linehan

scribo

St Louis Post-Dispatch reports...

Team sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday that just benched quarterback Marc Bulger no longer wants to play for coach Scott Linehan.

Steven Jackson said on his radio show that he is against the benching of and, "I'm not the only one who feels this way."

This is the not the same situation the Bills faced last week when they took on a team wanting to play for their beleaguered coach. It may be hard for the Rams to get up for this Sunday.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rams are in complete shambles right now. The front office caved and overpaid their above average RB like a top 3 RB, they've quit on their coach, the OL is possibly the worst in the NFL, and they couldn't stop a "pee-wee" team from throwing the ball down field on them. It's like the Cincinnatti Bengals part duex.

Bulger doesn't want to play for Linehan? Is that even relevant, since clearly, Linehan doesn't want Bulger playing for him...otherwise, he wouldn't have benched his ass.

I hope that the Bills pass rush is so ferocious this week that even WE see the stars and little birds flying around Trent Green's head.

Jackson got his money, he should shut his trap.

You have a very good point there. Still, he needs to support his QB to an extent, but right now, his allegiance needs to be to the team not a particular player.

The benching of Bugler cannot be the best thing, but it is what it is. Bugler will play as hard as he can after Trent is carted off int he first quarter. Because if he doesn't, he'll end up watching the second half on a stretcher next to Trent.

I feel very bad for Trent Green's poor fragile brain, especially if the Bills take an early lead and then tee off on the QB. Could be ugly.

Could very well be a bad situation for Green to be thrust into. He's a good guy, a good player and a class act. Could also very well be the end of his career if he gets nailed. That being said, I dont' think the Bills are going to go after him per se. I think he will throw a couple of picks because of his lack of playing time with Saint Louie's offense.

Lee Evans stood up for JP last year. I see nothing wrong with Jackson standing up for his QB. It's not like he won't show up on Sunday for his team. And lets face it, Linehan is a moron. He's pulling a Mike Mularkey to save his job playing musical chairs with his QBs for now and soon possibly all his corners.

I don't see anything wrong with standing up for a teammate - particularly one you think is being shafted. But I also think that should be handled internally and not through the media. A simple, "no comment" when asked the question by the media will make it abundantly clear what you think without giving off the impression that you're a malcontent.

That being said I have to give Jackson credit for not giving a quote to the press behind the veil of, "a source on the team." He had something to say and he doesn’t mind being held accountable for it.

I don't see anything wrong with standing up for a teammate - particularly one you think is being shafted. But I also think that should be handled internally and not through the media. A simple, "no comment" when asked the question by the media will make it abundantly clear what you think without giving off the impression that you're a malcontent.

That being said I have to give Jackson credit for not giving a quote to the press behind the veil of, "a source on the team." He had something to say and he doesn’t mind being held accountable for it.

Yep. How similar to this situation to the Lee Evans vocalizations last year? Front office/coach says they're making a decision for the better for the team and when individual members criticize that decision, it can ruffle feathers.

How dumb does Lee look now? TE is head and shoulders above where JP was at this point. I don't mean to say that TG will be their savior. Just, especially at that high a level of the profession, people should stay in their lanes. It's not the players' call who plays the game, for good reason.

How dumb does Lee look now? TE is head and shoulders above where JP was at this point.

Revisionist history. I'd love to see where JP would be with Schonert, a stable Front Office, an OLine, a better than average defense, and some weapons around him.

Trent looked pretty "JP like" for the first 3 quarters last week.

Revisionist history. I'd love to see where JP would be with Schonert, a stable Front Office, an OLine, a better than average defense, and some weapons around him.

Trent looked pretty "JP like" for the first 3 quarters last week.

Imagine how Trent would look with what you mentioned above......in his 5th year! ;):lol:

The kid is good AD. Really good!!!

If he wins a couple games there this year, it will be among his best work- he is a very good coach, but you can't win without talent.

You know, I'm sick of that line of sh--. That team HAS talent. What it doesn't have is coaching.

Every team in the NFL has talent. The problem with most of them is the coaches try and fit square pegs into round holes and that's exactly what Linehan has done. Last season he had an excuse because the OLine was so bad but this year the players won't play for him and it's not a talent issue.