Rams turning on Linehan

scribo

The Rams are in complete shambles right now. The front office caved and overpaid their above average RB like a top 3 RB, they've quit on their coach, the OL is possibly the worst in the NFL, and they couldn't stop a "pee-wee" team from throwing the ball down field on them. It's like the Cincinnatti Bengals part duex.

Perfect reason for Peter King to pick the Rams to win. Nothing says "upset in the making" than a team in open revolt against its coach.

PTR

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how Trent would look with what you mentioned above......in his 5th year! :lol::devil:

The kid is good AD. Really good!!!

I wonder what Trent would look like in his 2nd year with Mularky as his head coach and our offensive line we had three or four years ago .Plus Price as his no2 reciever.Who was our offensive coordinator back then,we had so many of them in the last four or five years.

This season has been spooky for all the good breaks the Bills have been getting from their opponents.

On the other hand, a lot of people in our office pool have the Rams as the upset-of-the-week.

SUCKERS!

I wonder what Trent would look like in his 2nd year with Mularky as his head coach and our offensive line we had three or four years ago .Plus Price as his no2 reciever.Who was our offensive coordinator back then,we had so many of them in the last four or five years.

Kevin Killdrive? I can't believe that jabroni got a ring for scoring, what, 17 points with several miracle lucky plays?

On the other hand, 18-1 makes it worth the pain.

You have a very good point there. Still, he needs to support his QB to an extent, but right now, his allegiance needs to be to the team not a particular player.

The benching of Bugler cannot be the best thing, but it is what it is. Bugler will play as hard as he can after Trent is carted off int he first quarter. Because if he doesn't, he'll end up watching the second half on a stretcher next to Trent.

"Get Brock up here; is he hiding under LeRoy Glover again?"

Bulger doesn't want to play for Linehan? Is that even relevant, since clearly, Linehan doesn't want Bulger playing for him...otherwise, he wouldn't have benched his ass.

I hope that the Bills pass rush is so ferocious this week that even WE see the stars and little birds flying around Trent Green's head.

The relevance is that it's tearing the team apart and putting it in disarray. The guys didn't much like Linehan before and now it seems this was a very bad idea because looks like he's making scapegoats to keep his job.

Jackson got his money, he should shut his trap.

Believe it or not most NFL players care a lot about winning too. :devil:

Yep. How similar to this situation to the Lee Evans vocalizations last year? Front office/coach says they're making a decision for the better for the team and when individual members criticize that decision, it can ruffle feathers.

How dumb does Lee look now? TE is head and shoulders above where JP was at this point. I don't mean to say that TG will be their savior. Just, especially at that high a level of the profession, people should stay in their lanes. It's not the players' call who plays the game, for good reason.

Lee was just standing up for a friend. It didn't affect the team much at all. The situation in St. Louis is veeeerrrryyyyyy different.

Perfect reason for Peter King to pick the Rams to win. Nothing says "upset in the making" than a team in open revolt against its coach.

PTR

:lol:

I don't have the exact quote because I lent Smerlas' book to my brother but when it looked like Bullough was very close to being fired Smith pulled the guys from the team together and said something to effect of anyone who tries hard today will have to deal with me, IIRC. He was trying to get Bullough fired and the rest of the Bills went with him.

If Buffalo doesn't win by at least 24 points it will make me a little nervous. This is a team in complete disarray and if the Bills are as strong as I think they are they should blow them out of the water. There is no reason this should be a close game at all!!

There's a good article in the Buffalo News today about the decline of the Rams. The team just doesn't have many good players anymore.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/449203.html

An inability to replenish the roster with quality draft picks is one of the big reasons the Rams are reeling heading into Sunday’s home game against the Buffalo Bills.

The last eight drafts of the once-mighty Rams have produced just one Pro Bowler. From 2000 through 2004, they picked 42 players but just three still are on the team. They got just three quality starters out of the five drafts from 2002 through 2006.

The result has not been pretty of late. The Rams have scored only 29 points in three games. They have scored 16 or fewer in 12 of their last 19 games. They have ranked in the bottom five in the league in points allowed the past three years.

Linehan is not a good head coach and should have been fired after last season. They have only regressed under him

the teams biggest weakness last year was their O-line and they didnt do anything to make it better

paying Jackson was not a bad decision but paying Bulger what they did was...he is a good not great QB that they severly overpaid

in saying all that I never like playing an 0-3 team no matter how bad their situation is

Linehan is not a good head coach and should have been fired after last season. They have only regressed under him

the teams biggest weakness last year was their O-line and they didnt do anything to make it better

paying Jackson was not a bad decision but paying Bulger what they did was...he is a good not great QB that they severly overpaid

in saying all that I never like playing an 0-3 team no matter how bad their situation is

Agreed about Linehan, but the o-line problems last year were due to a devastating string of injuries. As I noted in my preview, 13 different players started at least one game, and Orlando Pace was gone for the year by halftime of the season opener.

As for not doing anything to make it better? Pace and Richie Incognito (who missed 12 games) are back, and they added Jacob Bell from the Titans (although he's been bitten by the injury bug, missing the last two games). Did they succeed in making it better? Yeah, maybe not. Can't say they didn't make an attempt, though.

Agreed about Linehan, but the o-line problems last year were due to a devastating string of injuries. As I noted in my preview, 13 different players started at least one game, and Orlando Pace was gone for the year by halftime of the season opener.

As for not doing anything to make it better? Pace and Richie Incognito (who missed 12 games) are back, and they added Jacob Bell from the Titans (although he's been bitten by the injury bug, missing the last two games). Did they succeed in making it better? Yeah, maybe not. Can't say they didn't make an attempt, though.

Facts suck.

Facts suck.

as usual you offer ZERO to the conversation

the fact is signing a second tier at best Guard for an offensive line that was pitiful at best last year with two guys returning from injury and one rumored to be contemplating retirement simply wasnt enough

you want to call that an attempt, fine I guess it wasnt nothing but it reminds me of something TD would do and obviously wasnt enough

as usual you offer ZERO to the conversation

I'll let you know the very second I give a crap about your opinion. There isn't much to add to what Lori had to say - she's got a far better handle on the situation than you do.

the fact is signing a second tier at best Guard for an offensive line that was pitiful at best last year with two guys returning from injury and one rumored to be contemplating retirement simply wasnt enough

"Second tier at best"? Is that because you say so? Bell was the second most coveted FA guard in football last offseason behind Faneca (who the Rams also tried to sign) - but you keep shoveling what you're selling.

The line was pitiful for the reasons that Lori stated - at one point Alex Barron was the only guy on the field who began the season on the roster and he was flipped to LT. There isn't a team in the NFL that would have overcome the OLine injuries the Rams had last season.

There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't count on guys coming back from injury when their doctors tell them they will, especially when one of them is a 7-time Pro Bowler and others have a boatload of starts to their credit. And Pace has stated numerous times that he wants to play a couple of more years, so whatever rumors you're alluding to are just that.

They also expected to take Jake Long in the draft but the Fish got to suck a little more last season, so they took the cherry off the Rams' sundae.

Revisionist history. I'd love to see where JP would be with Schonert, a stable Front Office, an OLine, a better than average defense, and some weapons around him.

Trent looked pretty "JP like" for the first 3 quarters last week.

Umm he would still perform like JP only with new excuses for some of his die hard fans.

The Rams putting forth a good effort?

Not sure how many of you saw the season opener at Philadelphia, but the Rams looked like they were dialing it in the first week of the season. McNabb was playing sandlot ball out there and the Philly WR were tearing it up at a ridiculous level. It looked as though the Rams weren't interested from the very first game of the season. These don't look like locker room problems that started in the past week...but, never take any opponent lightly, no matter how wounded.

:lol:

Mark Setterstrom was also playing well from what I have been told, and he too has had major injuries.

I'll let you know the very second I give a crap about your opinion. There isn't much to add to what Lori had to say - she's got a far better handle on the situation than you do.

"Second tier at best"? Is that because you say so? Bell was the second most coveted FA guard in football last offseason behind Faneca (who the Rams also tried to sign) - but you keep shoveling what you're selling.

The line was pitiful for the reasons that Lori stated - at one point Alex Barron was the only guy on the field who began the season on the roster and he was flipped to LT. There isn't a team in the NFL that would have overcome the OLine injuries the Rams had last season.

There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't count on guys coming back from injury when their doctors tell them they will, especially when one of them is a 7-time Pro Bowler and others have a boatload of starts to their credit. And Pace has stated numerous times that he wants to play a couple of more years, so whatever rumors you're alluding to are just that.

They also expected to take Jake Long in the draft but the Fish got to suck a little more last season, so they took the cherry off the Rams' sundae.

If Jacob Bell is so good why would the Titans let him walk after his rookie contract expired while they have 40 million dollars of cap space? He is the textbook definition of "second tier free agent".

If Jacob Bell is so good why would the Titans let him walk after his rookie contract expired while they have 40 million dollars of cap space?

Who knows? Why did 5 or 6 teams draft qbs in 07 before Trent Edwards? Why were we able to sign Langston Walker for 1/2 the cost of Dockery? Why wasn't Jason Peters drafted?

It amazes me how fans think that these GMs and coaches never make mistakes.