Tony Gonzalez Anyone?

billsfans126

I love how the team chemistry is now and how young of a team we now are and were only going to get better.....just watched nfl network and tony gonzalez would be open to a trade in the right circumstance...he would be a great tight end for trent and it would make trent and our offense that much better.....he wants to win just like us....we could still always draft a tightend early in the draft next year to learn behind him....any ideal of what it would cost us and would anyone oppose it?? thoughts???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chiefs will never trade gonzalez. He's the one guy that's the "face" of that franchise. They'll stick with him, in spite of getting picks to improve the team. JP for Gonzalez would make sense for both teams, but Carl Peterson is stubborn. They'd want at least a 1st rd pick for him, and stick to that.

The chiefs will never trade gonzalez. He's the one guy that's the "face" of that franchise. They'll stick with him, in spite of getting picks to improve the team. JP for Gonzalez would make sense for both teams, but Carl Peterson is stubborn. They'd want at least a 1st rd pick for him, and stick to that.

He is waaay to old to garner a #1 pick. They are deluding themsleves. Of course the Redskins might make that deal...

After watching 3 quarters of the Bills being unable to handle the pressure and press coverage of the Raiders I wondered what it would take to get Gonzalez. You couldn't really offer too much, because I agree that getting an impact young TE is a priority, but man how nice having a playmaking TE would be. Gonzalez and the Bills would be a good fit, IMO.

I love how the team chemistry is now and how young of a team we now are and were only going to get better.....just watched nfl network and tony gonzalez would be open to a trade in the right circumstance...he would be a great tight end for trent and it would make trent and our offense that much better.....he wants to win just like us....we could still always draft a tightend early in the draft next year to learn behind him....any ideal of what it would cost us and would anyone oppose it?? thoughts???

After watching 3 quarters of the Bills being unable to handle the pressure and press coverage of the Raiders I wondered what it would take to get Gonzalez. You couldn't really offer too much, because I agree that getting an impact young TE is a priority, but man how nice having a playmaking TE would be. Gonzalez and the Bills would be a good fit, IMO.

I do agree with you...wonder if KC would take a 2nd & 5th for him? Gonzalez would really open up the field. Imagine the room the outside guys would have with Gonzalez taking a double team down the middle.

no way I give up a 2.

Obviously, the chances of this happening are very low. But this year, the AFC seems as open as it has been in years. If a 2nd round pick could get us over the hump, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I really don't think JP has much market value, but it would be worth dangling him and a package of picks to see what might happen. Maybe they'd even throw in Huard for a salary dump. A guy can dream can't he? :rolleyes:

He is 32, still effective. He's got a large contract ($17 million guaranteed, that's a lot for a tight end). Factoring all of that in, he would probably fetch third and sixth round pick.

By comparison, Jeremy Shockey is four years younger and netted a second and fifth rounder.

Yes he is 32...meaning he has about a year or two left of good football. Time marches on. I say we give up a 4th for him.

I don't usually agree with these kinds of threads but this makes a lot of sense. If they would take JP and a 4th, or later, rounder in exchange for Gonzalez and Huard I'd say do it up!!

He is waaay to old to garner a #1 pick. They are deluding themsleves. Of course the Redskins might make that deal...

I don't see the Redskins doing it for less than 2 first round picks.

I agree. I don't the Chiefs would ever trade Tony Gonzalez. He is still one of the best at his position in the league.

Losman isn't stupid (insert your joke of choice here)...he's not going to re-sign with the Chiefs right now, he's going to hit free agency and go where the money is.

What value does he have to a team like the Chiefs that are going nowhere this year, when he's just going to leave in the offseason? KC probably wouldn't even give up a 7th round pick for him, let alone one of their 3-4 best players.