Not sure if this has been said, but if I were a Raiders fan ...

dave mcbride

I'd have gone ballistic. There is no reason not to use your timeouts so that you can get the ball back with a minute or so to go. Unfreakingbelievable. Seriously. What is up with that??????

Kiffin said that the way were were gouging their D for yards, he wanted the fg attempt as far out as possible and so was minimizing the number of our plays... :thumbsup:

Kiffin said that the way were were gouging their D for yards, he wanted the fg attempt as far out as possible and so was minimizing the number of our plays... :thumbsup:

I think once you are under 40 yards Kif, you might want to think about a different strategery....

And I'd wonder why a defense that was pressuring Edwards, not allowing any room for a receiver to get open, all of a sudden stops pressing and WR's and everyone is wide open the last quarter.... Most of the completions were to open receivers.

That, right there, is the question. Why they abandoned the defense that held Trent in check all day? And what can/will Buffalo do in the upcoming weeks when other teams copy what the Raiders did?

I'm not going to say I wouldn't be upset, but I'd imagine if that happened to us it'd be a fairly large distraction from other factors that lost the game.

They had only 2 time outs with 1:11 left on 1st&10 so they would've actually only had about 20 seconds - not "a minute or so".

Not that there's any excuse not to give yourself a chance of a freak kickoff return, but realistically in the grand scheme of things, meh.

Truth is their offense stunk all day (except for one big--and frankly, lucky--play). Even with the ball back, what would they have done?

I was listening to the Raiders post-game. The announcers where asking how the F could Oakland have lost the game. The callers were all asking why Kiffin didn't stop the clock aqnd calling for his firing.

I'd have gone ballistic. There is no reason not to use your timeouts so that you can get the ball back with a minute or so to go. Unfreakingbelievable. Seriously. What is up with that??????

I was stunned too. I kept waiting for them to use them. When they didn't I considered sending a thank you card to Laney.

Truth is their offense stunk all day (except for one big--and frankly, lucky--play). Even with the ball back, what would they have done?

Thrown it JLH on the same play they had used earlier.