Bills warn rowdy fans...

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/443514.html

I don't see anything wrong with this. I myself like to enjoy a few pop's in the parking lot before the game....as well as taunting fans of the opposing team. But it's always in good fun. If you are to bombed to even get into the stadium, chances are you aren't going to do much good when you get in. Kind of like chippewa after 2am...not much good happens.

thoughts?

One fan, who apparently had been drinking all morning on a bus from London, Ont., to the Sept. 7 game, actually went to the Bills office on his way to court after he had received the letter.

“He said he didn’t even remember being in the stadium,” Clark recalled. “He was very apologetic to us.”

again, i can not figure out why anyone would want to spend hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars and many hours coming to the games and get so wasted that you dont even remember the trip?!?

if there are any posters who regularly get fall down drunk at the games, please explain...

again, i can not figure out why anyone would want to spend hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars and many hours coming to the games and get so wasted that you dont even remember the trip?!?

if there are any posters who regularly get fall down drunk at the games, please explain...

people get excited. peer pressure. we only have 7 days a year to enjoy a bills home game. excitement for the game. testosterone. all these factors regularly contribute to getting bombed out of their minds.

people get excited. peer pressure. we only have 7 days a year to enjoy a bills home game. excitement for the game. testosterone. all these factors regularly contribute to getting bombed out of their minds.

so basically immaturity and lack of foresight (to even a couple of hours) and selfishness that their "good time" is more important than the Bills, the game, and other people's enjoyment?

so basically immaturity and lack of foresight (to even a couple of hours) and selfishness that their "good time" is more important than the Bills, the game, and other people's enjoyment?

I never said I condone their actions...just listed what I think factors into it. I think it is very selfish of people to get bombed outta their minds so much so that they ruin the game for others.

What I don't like is that they sent me a letter even though my friend and I left the stadium on our own accord during the middle of the third quarter with the game well in hand.

They're telling me that basically I'm responsible for whoever sits in my seats after I've vacated the stadium.

Ridiculous! Nothing this organization does surprises me anymore.

What I don't like is that they sent me a letter even though my friend and I left the stadium on our own accord during the middle of the third quarter with the game well in hand.

They're telling me that basically I'm responsible for whoever sits in my seats after I've vacated the stadium.

real fans stay til the end of the game :wallbash:

That was a great game. I can't believe you left early. Unless your friend was a hot chick and she was ready for something else. no that's not even a good excuse

Guest dog14787

Geeesh, and they say Seattle Seahawks fans blogging on the issue after the game complained about the abuse heaped on them, including having glass bottles and other items thrown at them and being spat on by Bills fans. One fan claimed it was the worst behavior he had seen in an opposing team’s stadium.

doggonit, my cuz swears it was cuz of soured beer, whats wrong with these folks :thumbsup:

I had season tickets from 1988 to 1996. Not once did I leave a game early. If you're going to pay for the tickets, pay for parking, buy stuff for tailgating....why leave early?

I went to the last two games Radiers visted Buffalo. The fans are all dressed up like its Halloween, and they are loud, but they are there to have a good time and everything remained civil. On a side note, but buddy who is a Radiers fan had one to many pops, mouthed off to a yellow jacket and watched the game from the roof of the car. Actually, I think he was sleeping.

I went to the last two games Radiers visted Buffalo. The fans are all dressed up like its Halloween, and they are loud, but they are there to have a good time and everything remained civil. On a side note, but buddy who is a Radiers fan had one to many pops, mouthed off to a yellow jacket and watched the game from the roof of the car. Actually, I think he was sleeping.

uhhhhh

Bongo, I'm with you. I've never really had bad experiences with Raider fans...even in Oakland and LA! I just laugh at them, they look so stupid. But, you can have fun with them, as long as you aren't an !@#$. When it comes to visiting fans, at the Ralph, I think Jets' fans are the worst.

But, some people can find trouble wherever they are. Standing in the parking lot, drinking, yelling things at strangers who pass by is one (pretty stupid) thing. But, as they drink more, the insults get more vile, until some drunk visiting fan takes exception to their taunts, and decides to engage the drunk Bills' fan. Trouble ensues. How did THAT happen? Never saw it coming, did ya?

I was at the Bills/Fins game a few years ago in Buffalo. And during half time some kid wearing a Culpepper jersey, who couldnt have been more than 12 or 13 was surrounded by about 30 bills fans who pointed at him and called him and assh@le.

That was real classless. I go to every Bills/Fins game in Miami and I have dealt with my share but that was extremely disappointing. After 5 beers the tough guys come out.

Did you leave your tickets behind? Thought that's how that was supposed to work -- they check the tickets carried by the drunk-and-disorderly types, then crack down on the people who own that account, not anyone whose seat they happen to sit in.

If I'm wrong about this, you have a legit beef (and it's something we'd all benefit from knowing).

I was at the Bills/Fins game a few years ago in Buffalo. And during half time some kid wearing a Culpepper jersey, who couldnt have been more than 12 or 13 was surrounded by about 30 bills fans who pointed at him and called him and assh@le.

That was real classless. I go to every Bills/Fins game in Miami and I have dealt with my share but that was extremely disappointing. After 5 beers the tough guys come out.

Yeah its amazing how beer can make complete losers feel like tough guys.---As well as ganging up on someone---shows a lot of guts and class.

Lots of inadequate people out there taking their frustrations out on decent people.

I feel I need to quote a great man, Homer Simpson, and fan behaviour at sports events:

"It is my right, no, my duty, to make a complete ass of myself."

Seriously though, I got one of these letters, and from what I take from this article, you must get arrested/tossed in order to have this happen to you, and since I have never even been spoken to by event staff or the sheriff, I assume that my behaviour is within the acceptable limits. I am loud and cheer like mad, while taunting any opponent fans near me, but never in an offensive way. It makes me wonder, what kind of insanity you must be involved in in order to be punted from the stadium.

I respect the NFL doing this, as it is a family game and that's how they want to be preceived, but they are walking a thin line, as you don't wanna quell the fans' passion. But so far I see/have no problem with the policy, and the letter serves as proof they are serious. Tread carefully...

I think you summed it up perfectly. It's a continuation of the pathetic sense of entitlement that has snuck its way into American culture. People will honestly do whatever they want, whenever they want and have no regret about it even if they did cause major problems for those around them.

Now if someone wants to get blistered at a game and act like a good fan I'd be the last person to condemn them but sadly "extreme intoxication" and "civil behavior" are never found together on the same planet.

I've at most drank 2 beers at a game and this was problematic for the sheer fact that I had to get up 3 times to use the bathroom and missed some key plays.

I think you summed it up perfectly. It's a continuation of the pathetic sense of entitlement that has snuck its way into American culture. People will honestly do whatever they want, whenever they want and have no regret about it even if they did cause major problems for those around them.

Now if someone wants to get blistered at a game and act like a good fan I'd be the last person to condemn them but sadly "extreme intoxication" and "civil behavior" are never found together on the same planet.

I've at most drank 2 beers at a game and this was problematic for the sheer fact that I had to get up 3 times to use the bathroom and missed some key plays.

I am actually pretty civil when I'm blasted. But, I'm "special".

Guest dog14787
Bongo, I'm with you. I've never really had bad experiences with Raider fans...even in Oakland and LA! I just laugh at them, they look so stupid. But, you can have fun with them, as long as you aren't an !@#$. When it comes to visiting fans, at the Ralph, I think Jets' fans are the worst.

But, some people can find trouble wherever they are. Standing in the parking lot, drinking, yelling things at strangers who pass by is one (pretty stupid) thing. But, as they drink more, the insults get more vile, until some drunk visiting fan takes exception to their taunts, and decides to engage the drunk Bills' fan. Trouble ensues. How did THAT happen? Never saw it coming, did ya?

Yup, Bingo, Bango, Bongo its just the way the games played. :thumbsup:

Deano, you are just making to much sense here lately , watch out for the mad buffalo disease thats going around though, people like the Senator, PTR, well, myself, we got it bad. :lol:

ieatcrayonz is even melting from the exposure :lol:

I sold my Jets tickets to a friend who is a Bills fan last year. Immediately upon entering the Stadium gate, he saw a group of Jets fans and he screamed: THE JETS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (His story anyway) He was pretty toasted,and the stadium security threw him out. I got the cookie cutter letter from the Bills (my friend fessed up in advance of me receiving the letter) warning me that my season ticket status was in jeopardy. I verbally ripped my friend a new one,and I called the Bills to explain that I don't sell the tickets for a profit,and you ultimately cannot control the user of ticket They seemed to be cool about it.

The policy is ridiculous and the only purpose of it that I can see is to corral season ticket holders into using the Bills ticket exchange so THEY can further profit from the second sale of the ticket.

Last time I checked,the Bills did not have a litmus test for 'character' in terms of who they sell their tickets to.... :thumbsup:

For every one person like you who is basically innocent on the whole thing, there are probably 10 people selling them to the same scumbags each game. If they really want to clean things up, they're going to have to sacrifice that one person to get rid of the other 10.

Yup, Bingo, Bango, Bongo its just the way the games played. :thumbsup:

Deano, you are just making to much sense here lately , watch out for the mad buffalo disease thats going around though, people like the Senator, PTR, well, myself, we got it bad. :lol:

ieatcrayonz is even melting from the exposure :lol:

Strangely, Mr. Fancy Pants seems unaffected. Must be the pants.

For every one person like you who is basically innocent on the whole thing, there are probably 10 people selling them to the same scumbags each game. If they really want to clean things up, they're going to have to sacrifice that one person to get rid of the other 10.

How about they just ban those people instead? It's not that difficult a job. Oh wait, that's just too hard. Let's put it on ticket holders to police seats they can't actually be at instead of the team who has an actual security force and legal team for just such issues.

Just curious - as I've never had the privilege and honor of being inside the Ralph on gameday - do they do any sort of screening of drunk fans as they're entering the stadium? Or is all (or the worst) of the problems in the lot?

As to an earlier comment, why would someone act as such? I would suggest immaturity and a complete lack of responsibility or knowledge of appropriate public behavior that's rampant in our society.

Just curious - as I've never had the privilege and honor of being inside the Ralph on gameday - do they do any sort of screening of drunk fans as they're entering the stadium? Or is all (or the worst) of the problems in the lot?

As to an earlier comment, why would someone act as such? I would suggest immaturity and a complete lack of responsibility or knowledge of appropriate public behavior that's rampant in our society.

I don't know how extensive it is, but I do know a guy who had his game ticket revoked at the gate and sent back to the lot

Did you leave your tickets behind? Thought that's how that was supposed to work -- they check the tickets carried by the drunk-and-disorderly types, then crack down on the people who own that account, not anyone whose seat they happen to sit in.

If I'm wrong about this, you have a legit beef (and it's something we'd all benefit from knowing).

I'm really perplexed how they traced it to me. When I recieved the letter last week I thought it was some sort of mistake, then I got pissed and threw the letter out. I tried calling the guy who sold me my season tickets a week ago but have had no luck yet. I can only gather that the people who took my seats after we left told security that those were their seats but they lost the tickets. Either way it is kind of a half assed way of dealing with security issues. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

For those that question the wisdom of leaving early time was I would never think of leaving a game in progress (when I was in my twenties back in the '90's...early 90's) but with the game out of hand like it was against the Seahawks and the weather conditions being what they were what would be the point to watch them slog it out for another quarter? Did I miss something spectacular? All I know is I made it to Weichecs in Kaisertown and was chowing down on wing dings when the final gun sounded.

How about they just ban those people instead? It's not that difficult a job. Oh wait, that's just too hard. Let's put it on ticket holders to police seats they can't actually be at instead of the team who has an actual security force and legal team for just such issues.

Have they said anything about not letting those people back in? I'm sure they're doing that too. Ban them and the people that gave them the tickets.

Recognizing these people by face when they enter can't be the easiest process. At least by taking the actual source of tickets away, it's a step in the right direction.