Check this thread on a jest board ref the Bills

Tom

I do think some posters and particularly some radio talk show hosts, have really taken the Trent Edwards thing and run a little too far, comparing him to Montana and Brady while claiming they would not trade Trent for any QB in the league. He's nice and all but... :thumbsup:

right now, at this point where the team and the chemistry and the system are at... i wouldnt trade him for another QB either.

I do think some posters and particularly some radio talk show hosts, have really taken the Trent Edwards thing and run a little too far, comparing him to Montana and Brady while claiming they would not trade Trent for any QB in the league. He's nice and all but... :thumbsup:

Agreed. It's hard to say though... Trent has been solid thus far, and I think a lot of us including myself are being very cautiously optimistic. I think Trent has the potential to become a great player, but we need to see his solid play continue for a little while to see if he can do it consistently. That's the key part to being a great one.

right now, at this point where the team and the chemistry and the system are at... i wouldnt trade him for another QB either.

That's stupid.

Did anyone catch the Jet fan that said, "No, as of right now we are over-rated"?

I'm shocked with their honesty on that board.

Hey he's been ggood but get real. I think he has been great for us but he is not the best in the league. think about-A. Rogers, Rothlesburger, Manning, Brady, Mcnabb, Brees, Rivers, Cutler--look at these guys numbers compared to Trent.

I do think he has played well but get real man.

Hey he's been ggood but get real. I think he has been great for us but he is not the best in the league. think about-A. Rogers, Rothlesburger, Manning, Brady, Mcnabb, Brees, Rivers, Cutler--look at these guys numbers compared to Trent.

I do think he has played well but get real man.

when did i ever say that i think he is the "best in the league"?!?! i would never try to make such a ridiculous point.

my statement was made to point out that, while he may not be the best in the league, right now he is the best qb for this team. and i also believe, if he keeps this up, that he can be our qb in the future.

i think the first statement is true and i hope the second is.

Hey TE has been a phenom but nobody seems to want to give credit to the line on pass protection. It's a double edged sword, tho cuz their run blocking is awful.

Signed up awhile ago but this is my first post here.Anyways,You guys are not over rated.Playing some good ball and it does pain me to see any team 'sides the Jets make vast improvements.That being said,I hope if not the Jets,you take the division.Miami has no shot at it and I dont have to tell you how I feel about NE.

Good luck on the season and I will be around from time to time.Especially before and after our games.

Signed up awhile ago but this is my first post here.Anyways,You guys are not over rated.Playing some good ball and it does pain me to see any team 'sides the Jets make vast improvements.That being said,I hope if not the Jets,you take the division.Miami has no shot at it and I dont have to tell you how I feel about NE.

Good luck on the season and I will be around from time to time.Especially before and after our games.

Welcome to the Board, Iowa. I too liked the comment about the pig being ready for the slaughter, but the Bills got the bigger knife. You're going to catch a fair amount of crap for showing up here, but as long as you keep things related to events on the field (stats, injuries and the like), there's not too many people here that will turn out-and-out nasty. Until the evening hours when the martinis and bongs start rolling out. Or, in my case, the Molsons.

You're starting to see a lot more Kool-Aid chugging, and it can be excused given (a) the drought through which this fan base has suffered, and (b) the gratifying blossoming of so many players that were acquired via The Draft. The Bills front office has really put it together the old-fashioned way. They laid out a long-term plan when Marv Levy came back to the organization, they put in the right coaching staff (FINALLY - good riddance Steve Fairchild), and drafted players for key positions that often landed them the requisite crap from the talking heads in the Sports Media. Remember the manure that was spread this way when Whitner was brought in? Sheesh. You'd have thought that One Bills Drive had pantsed the Pope.

Well, it's finally here. The concrete is setting, the garden is blossoming...pick your metaphor. My favorite? The AFC East has just discovered there's an 800-gorilla living down in the basement. And he's really pissed off and hungry, and coming soon to a stadium near you.

I'm one of the more conservative posters on this board, but even I'm starting to believe 11-5 or 12-4. And, unless I see (a) major injuries on the Bills, and (b) dramatic improvement in the Jets, Dolphins and Pats*, I'm starting to see the Bills taking a 6-0 sweep of the division. Just my two cents on a message board, but I just don't see any of these other teams being able to take a shot at the Bills this year.

Welcome to the Board, Iowa. I too liked the comment about the pig being ready for the slaughter, but the Bills got the bigger knife. You're going to catch a fair amount of crap for showing up here, but as long as you keep things related to events on the field (stats, injuries and the like), there's not too many people here that will turn out-and-out nasty. Until the evening hours when the martinis and bongs start rolling out. Or, in my case, the Molsons.

You're starting to see a lot more Kool-Aid chugging, and it can be excused given (a) the drought through which this fan base has suffered, and (b) the gratifying blossoming of so many players that were acquired via The Draft. The Bills front office has really put it together the old-fashioned way. They laid out a long-term plan when Marv Levy came back to the organization, they put in the right coaching staff (FINALLY - good riddance Steve Fairchild), and drafted players for key positions that often landed them the requisite crap from the talking heads in the Sports Media. Remember the manure that was spread this way when Whitner was brought in? Sheesh. You'd have thought that One Bills Drive had pantsed the Pope.

Well, it's finally here. The concrete is setting, the garden is blossoming...pick your metaphor. My favorite? The AFC East has just discovered there's an 800-gorilla living down in the basement. And he's really pissed off and hungry, and coming soon to a stadium near you.

I'm one of the more conservative posters on this board, but even I'm starting to believe 11-5 or 12-4. And, unless I see (a) major injuries on the Bills, and (b) dramatic improvement in the Jets, Dolphins and Pats*, I'm starting to see the Bills taking a 6-0 sweep of the division. Just my two cents on a message board, but I just don't see any of these other teams being able to take a shot at the Bills this year.

Great post, and welcome Iowa. I agree with most of it. I hope I'm wrong, but even against a Bradyless Pats* I think a sweep against them is a little to much to ask for. Hopefully the play of each team in the weeks to come will change my mind.