Check this thread on a jest board ref the Bills

Tom

Is Buffalo Overrated?

I live outside of Boston and had to pay out tons of cash this week. I really hate these fans up here. They don't know squat. I've had to deal with comments like "The Pats have no weaknesses". Anyway, they also try and taunt me by saying that we will finish 3rd because Buffalo is so strong. I wonder if the 2-0 start has people over-estimating the Bills. They beat two teams that were decimated by injuries. I'm not saying that I doubt the bills are a good team. But I think we are more than capable of beating them 2x this year. I'm not sold on their passing game being able to come from 10+ points down, especially if they are having trouble running the ball. Am I off base?

Yes.

Agreed. It's hard to say though... Trent has been solid thus far, and I think a lot of us including myself are being very cautiously optimistic. I think Trent has the potential to become a great player, but we need to see his solid play continue for a little while to see if he can do it consistently. That's the key part to being a great one.

Very true, I'm pretty sure he can. According to an article linked in another thread Turk Schonert shook his hand at the combine and congratulated him for being on the field as much as he was in Stanford. Because of a horrendous O-line in college he's developed a great ability to read defenses and a quick release. He's very smart and Levy always said that smart players get better.

Yup, classy posts , but hey, we are talking about some of our fellow New Yorkers :(

Fellow New Yorkers rooting for a New Jersey team. :devil:

Signed up awhile ago but this is my first post here.Anyways,You guys are not over rated.Playing some good ball and it does pain me to see any team 'sides the Jets make vast improvements.That being said,I hope if not the Jets,you take the division.Miami has no shot at it and I dont have to tell you how I feel about NE.

Good luck on the season and I will be around from time to time.Especially before and after our games.

Welcome dude, you'll hear a lot of us ranking on the Jests, including me but in all honesty the two games the Bills and Jets will play this year will be very good games.

Yup, classy posts , but hey, we are talking about some of our fellow New Yorkers :(

We'll see how you feel about your "fellow New Yorkers" the week of 11/2. We'll also see how much they compliment the Bills or how classy they are during that week as well. I have a feeling they will not be as nice, nor will we. The Jets just lost, so they were humbled. I still believe they have a pretty good team, and the Bills match-ups will be very good games...

We'll see how you feel about your "fellow New Yorkers" the week of 11/2. We'll also see how much they compliment the Bills or how classy they are during that week as well. I have a feeling they will not be as nice, nor will we. The Jets just lost, so they were humbled. I still believe they have a pretty good team, and the Bills match-ups will be very good games...

I for 1 try to always stay "classy" Im not above arguing and maybe a slam here and there.Thanks for the welcomes

I refuse to click the link and have my eyes polluted.

Anybody know if the JESTS still wear green and white, or did they have to change to green and gold when that Oprah-wanna-be Brett Favre signed with them? Not that I care. But he couldn't have landed in a more perfect place for his career to end than in the smoke and flaming prye that the New York Media will make for him for their failure to make the playoffs.

The only way the Jets become a problem is if Favre becomes completely comfortable within the system. I think, while they added some nice pieces this offseason, their depth is suspect. Granted, I'm not an expert on them - but if they went 4-12 last year (and looked even crappier doing it), the backups to the guys they picked up this offseason can't be that good. We'll see - it all depends on Favre. In the meantime, I'm curbing my Bills enthusiasm (we've been disappointed so many times before) and will enjoy the season as it unfolds.

The big difference here is expectations. The Bills were a possible playoff contender with most saying we would not make it this year.

When the Favre trade happened, all the talk show hosts here said anything less than a Super Bowl would be unacceptable for this team, they could have made the playoffs with Pennington.

There's prob too much praise being heaped on the Bills, and too much crap on the Jets right now. Season is way too early.

the guy is talking out his butt. he has obviously not seen the bills play. we cant throw it or run it???????? he definitely has not seen us play.

the reason we seem to be a little weak in the run game in the beginning of this season is because teams are loading up the box and trying to see if our young QB can beat them.

well they are learning that trent can ruin them and the better trent does in the passing game they are going to have to commit more people to the pass game and wont be able to put 8 in the box any more then lynch and freddie will start putting up big numbers.

mark my words fellas. we wont be seeing 8 in the box for much longer and then our running game will be dominant.

i cant wait to play the jets or the pats bring them on. they all have a boner because of favre. talk about being overrated i think the jets are the ones overrated. favre threw up a hail mary in the miami game that should have been intercepted and looked pretty ordinary against the pats (without Brady) @ home. bring them on !!!!!!