Here's how I see it happening:

The Big Cat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Oakland defense will keep this one close...for about a quarter and a half.
  • McFadden will have multiple fumbles (if he gets the majority of the touches).
  • If McKelvin doesn't take one to the house, he'll take one deep into Raider territory. At LEAST once.
  • The Bills will score more than 3 TD's.
  • **Roscoe's due for a big play from the LOS- like the Jets game 2 years ago, I'm predicting a catch and LONG run.
  • Lynch breaks 100 for the first time in 08.
  • The defense will tally at least 2 interceptions. (I'm calling for 4+ turnovers for our D).

**Against the Seahawks, Royal was the go-to guy, and last week it was The Head. Wearing my homer-hat and my rose colored glasses, I know that this is because Schonert is using these [easy] games in the early part of the season to demonstrate to our divisional opponents (who we don't face until the latter part of 08) that we have a full arsenal of weapons, and that they have to be aware of EVERY player on the field. I'm hoping this week is the week 'o Roscoe.

My predictions for the Seahawks were pretty spot on, but the DLine didn't have as dominate a performance against Jax as I expected.

The Bills are going home, the weather forecast is idealic, and my hope for this week is that Buffalo shows that they can not only beat the teams they're supposed to beat, but they can CRUSH the team's they're supposed to crush.

GO BILLS!

All true! I agree!

Gotta spout the old, tired phrase here: Any given Sunday.

I'm spouting another old, tired phrase:

Detroit 2006. They'd better NOT take Oakland for granted.

What I expect is that the Bills will win. What I hope - HOPE - is that Jauron allows Schonert to put the foot-to-the-floor and pile on the points. Not for the sake of arrogance, but for the concept of tiebreakers. These AFC games are very, very important in December. Make 'em bleed, Turk. Those TDs that you put on the board in September might lead to the Bills playing football in January.

IMHO ....

I think the Bills are keeping it simple for TE's sake, not that it's a bad thing, I just don't see the O blow up in a flurry of "big play" scores. I see us marching down the field in dribs and dabs with an occasional big play thrown in. As long as we win it's all good.

I still see the Bills winning handily, but the Raiders don't die in a fiery explosion ......... it will be more like they get pecked to death by a duck.

IMHO ....

I think the Bills are keeping it simple for TE's sake, not that it's a bad thing, I just don't see the O blow up in a flurry of "big play" scores. I see us marching down the field in dribs and dabs with an occasional big play thrown in. As long as we win it's all good.

I still see the Bills winning handily, but the Raiders don't die in a fiery explosion ......... it will be more like they get pecked to death by a duck.

I don't think it's for "TE's sake" - I think it's Jauron's philosophy to have a ball-control offense that keeps the other team's offense off of the field, which IMO is the right approach. It's not just Edwards - we don't have the personnel for shoot-outs, few teams do, and in any event those teams often struggle in cold weather anyhow.

IMHO ....

:(

I don't think it's for "TE's sake" - I think it's Jauron's philosophy to have a ball-control offense that keeps the other team's offense off of the field, which IMO is the right approach. It's not just Edwards - we don't have the personnel for shoot-outs, few teams do, and in any event those teams often struggle in cold weather anyhow.

Don't get me wrong .... the "for TE's sake" wasn't meant as a knock against Trent. My reasoning is that Trent is an inexperianced QB, he needs to get his feet firmly planted in the QBing game ..... needs to build up his confidence.

I think we DO have the personnel to engage in a shootout with the best of the NFL when we talk recievers running routs and catching the ball, and when we talk about O-line protecting the QB and giving him a stable pocket to launch from, and even talking about RB's and a Tight End capable of providing the "outlet pass catcher" ....... the only thing we are lacking is that gunslinger experianced QB (which I believe TE will become) who can "chuck the rock".

I think this coaching staff is keeping a tight reign on TE with mostly high percentage routes .... even to the point of designing the running game mostly inside away from the parimeter to keep the defenders tucked in close further opening up the pass routes. So far we haven't needed TE to take riskes and that plays into our hands because every game builds on TE's experiance level and confidence.

IMHO ...... when the day does come that we need the flurry of bombs (and it WILL come before our season is done) TE will be ready and will surprise everybody.

IMHO ....

:wallbash:

Well I hope we get over 30 on them but the defensive coach will get the HC job after so I have to say bills 24 raiders 10. Their D isn't halfbad and crazy Al (and the players) know it. I think Jaruon makes us play consevative, this week (I hope not but...... I think he will be thinking time to build consistancy).

I think we see trent 250 yards passing, running game like last week. Running game and special teams show up more though. Or we go right at them and are aggressive as hell. No holes barred offensive spectical and blow them out, Go BILLS! I would love to see us make a lot of points so we get have points in the AFC for the end of the season.

C'mon really????

You're taking my comment out of context, Einstein. You work for Karl Rove?

It may work out that way, or not. But I'm pretty confident that this Bills team is not so full of themselves yet that they look past an opponent. Oakland may land a punch or two but in the end it will be the Bills by a TKO.

PTR

I hate to say it, but this reminds me of a Jets game a few years back at home. The Bills score early, but then turnovers and mistakes allow the Raiders to come back.

I see Raiders 24, Bills 23.

Care to 'splain what the similarities are ? :lol:

You are entitled to your prediction about the score but your logic leading up to it makes me want to :thumbsup: