Temper our enthusiasm

VABills

We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we’re better, but how much better, we won’t know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we’re better, but how much better, we won’t know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

Agreed, yesterday was close and most here are letting their happiness over the win erase a few very obvious problems.

1. Play calling, only 1 shot taken down field the entire game. The Jags were aware of this and were playing heavily in the box and stopped Marshawn very effectively. Up until the deep completion to Evans the only difference between this year and last was the use of the screen pass as a check down option. Poor Edwards was resembling Kelly Holcomb by the 4th quarter, unleash this kid and let him throw it around a bit, at least it'll spread the defense.

2. Fundamental tackling: how many missed tackles were there in yesterdays game by the Bills? The Bills failed to wrap up ball carriers and Garrard on numerous occasions thus making this game much closer than it should have been.

2-0 is a nice place to be, and yes, we've beaten two injured winless teams (winlessness due in part to Bills victories). But...Seattle put up 33(?) yesterday and we shut them down. We held two very good RBs to sixtysome(?) yards combined. The Bills did not panic yesterday. Previous ones would have blown that game (see recent history). We do have positives to feel good about (know you're not saying we don't).

Next up...da raiders...one dimensional team. I expect that they will get their yards, but, 8-9 in the box all day until Russell proves he can be an NFL QB.

Next up...well, you know, we can't control our schedule. It is quirky this year isn't it? No divisional games until late October if memory serves? A weakened division. Our opponents suffering key injuries instead of us (so far so good, knocks on wood). Last time we started 2-0 is a bad memory. This team (IMO) is much different in makeup.

I'll take 2-0 as I know you will. No panic, no euphoria either though.

Way to "Max" one out of the park VA.

So sitting at 0-2, the Jags fans should probably temper their disappointment since they played two really, really good teams who are now a collective 4-0?

No. Wait. We can't be a good team since we beat teams that are 0-fer.

No. Wait. When, exactly, are we supposed to show some enthusiasm? Probably when we lose to a team that's undefeated? Which is what we did on our Monday Nighter last year vs. Dallas. I mean, if you have to temper yourself at 2-0, you should probably be downright giddy losing to a team that was 5-0, right? Yeah, I remember getting up that next Tuesday morning and being really enthusiastic.

No. Wait.

Y'know what? Screw enthusiasm. It's overrated.

Are you kidding me with this......what a joke

Taking a look around the league, no team looks dominant. That is, depending on the outcome of tonight's game. So I'm happy to say that at 2-0, the Bills look like a really good team who can improve as they integrate Hardy into the offense, get Peters up to speed, and figure out how to best replace Crowell.

There are some very good 0-2 teams out there, such as Jax, SD, Minn. It's only week 2, being 0-2 does not mean you're a bad team. I know you don't like being happy VA, but I think there is very good reason to feel good about this Bills team. The Bills beat a very good team on the road and didn't play their A game. Last year the Bills would have had to play a perfect game to beat the Jags on the road, which they didn't, and a couple mistakes buried them. Yes, the Jags had 3 reserves on the O-line, but their defense was healthy. So you can sulk this week, but I will enjoy it and look forward to next week. GO BILLS!!!!!

I agree about curbing the enthusiasm, but I still think we beat two very good teams even if they are beat up. It's not an excuse in the NFL as Buffalo well knows. Guys got to step up. Both the teams we defeated will be in playoff contention toward the end of the year.