Can they cram any more commercials during a game? WTF?

Pete

I remember shouting "get that cr@p off of the screen!"

Anyone else also find that they are showing less and less replays? Several times yesterday and in week 1 I really wanted to see a replay and instead you get the promos, or just listen to meaningless talk between the announcers. Is this a new trend?

It is almost unwatchable! There was a Jacksonville pass earlier by the Bills goal line and CBS blocked out the play to promo some show

Ya, that pissed me the F off. I didn't buy a new HDTV to have the Bills blacked out for some crappy promo

That was bad, it was a key third down pass if I remember correctly.

Also, I know this is a broken record, but get a friggen DVR. I always watch the first game of the year live, and am reminded every year why I TIVO every game and watch it later in the afternoon. Fall is the time of the year down here to be outside more than summer(cept yesterday, which was still hot as balls). But even yesterday, started watching the game at bout 4.30 and was done about 6.25. I ONLY skip commercials and halftime, and do know FF through the plays.

It is almost unwatchable! There was a Jacksonville pass earlier by the Bills goal line and CBS blocked out the play to promo some show

This has been a major complaint for me the last few years. Unwatchable is the word. Yesterday, me and my son went golfing. Tee time was a 10.36am(1.36pm east) so we were going to miss the game. DVR'd the Bills game and the Charger game(because I have LT on my fantasy team ;) ). Watched the Bills when we got home and it was great to watch it ff'ing through all the kickoff time outs, official time outs etc. Much more pleasurable experience. NFL is really pushing the envelope with all this stuff. Too many commercials. Too expensive for both Sunday Ticket and game tix.

Maybe this is a new plan for us. Get earlier tee time. Say 8-9am. Tivo both games and watch first game when we get home. Screw all the commercials.

I said pretty much the same thing and then commented to a buddy that it was good damn thing they threw that promo up there because NO ONE knows that "60 minutes will follow the late game except on the west coast where you local news will follow."

This is something that has been going on for a few years now. I first took real notice, about three years ago, when I started transferring a lot of old Bills games from VHS to DVD. In trying to edit out the commercials, I noticed that I had to do twice as many edits for the games in this millenium, than I did in all the 90's games. Used to be a time when the analysts had at least some time to analyze, no more...

BTW, I watch the games at a bar...anyone notice during the game yesterday, when they came back from one of the commercial breaks, the camera man had his camera practically up one of the cheerleaders asses...it got quite a howl at the bar...once they realized they were "on", the focus shifted to an on-field thermometer she was standing close to. You don't edit things like that out later...but I be the NFL Network will!