Could Peters hold out cost him his starting job?

PromoTheRobot

Despite the breathless predictions of decapitated QB's by certain folks, our O-line, especially tackles Walker and Chambers, played very well against pro Bowl caliber rushers. But the question now is when, or even if, Peters gets back in the starting lineup?

There's an old adage in the NFL: someone is right behind you to take your job. Peters and his agent not only assumed the Bills would miss Peters, but that no one could possibly replace him. But so far both Walker and Chambers are doing a great job. So if you're Jauron, do you get Peters back in the lineup just because he was your Pro Bowl starter last year, or do you stick with the line you have as long as they perform?

PTR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly

I think DJ plays a little hardball with Peter's

Next week he inactive

Third week Second String

Fourth week maybe he gets into the starting lineup. It just depends on how the team is doing. If it is not broke don't fix it. I don't care how good Peters thinks he is.

(But I believe he will be starting by week 4)

There's sticking to your guns, and then there's cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm glad the Bills didn't give in to Peters, and I'm ecstatic the line performed as well as it did against Seattle. However, when Peters is in game shape, it would be ludicrous to keep him off the field to prove some further point, IMO. Saying that the Bills line is better without him is wishful thinking at its finest.

Despite the breathless predictions of decapitated QB's by certain folks, our O-line, especially tackles Walker and Chambers, played very well against pro Bowl caliber rushers. But the question now is when, or even if, Peters gets back in the starting lineup?

There's an old adage in the NFL: someone is right behind you to take your job. Peters and his agent not only assumed the Bills would miss Peters, but that no one could possibly replace him. But so far both Walker and Chambers are doing a great job. So if you're Jauron, do you get Peters back in the lineup just because he was your Pro Bowl starter last year, or do you stick with the line you have as long as they perform?

PTR

Oh no! Here's why: what depth do we have right now at OT? Do you trust that depth? See, that's why we NEED Peters to take back the LT position ASAP. I believe that we shouldn't use him till week 4 and I have a feeling he won't be activated next week vs. the Jags.

PTR

Jason Peters did something that didn't help the Bills at all. I understand your anger; at the end I was even pissed off, but he will be back as soon as he is ready. He is too good to sit, it just won't happen.

What I am hoping is that BADOLBILZ and other true draftniks will read this and explain to me how Chambers lasted until round 6, and was then cut. Make no mistake, I am not calling him a pro bowl OT, but he looked very good out there, and these guys are worth their weight in gold. He can even play LT in a pinch.

Talking about contracts? Chambers has 3 kids and is probably playing for the minimum, or close to it. They should offer him a 5 year deal and see if he grabs it.

Would love to see him on the field, but I am sure that some of his teammates are wanting to see him work his way on the field.

I agree with this. Chambers and Walker proved to be a very capable tackle combo against a solid pass rushing team. I would love to see Peters play his way back into the mix but his position should not be given back to him automatically.

How, exactly, do you explain to a starter, on a 3-0 team, who's been working his ass off since July (and the Spring OTAs) that, "Hey - Fat Boy's back - time for you to take a seat!" ?????

Chambers was a journeyman player before coming to the Bills. His brief appearance could make him millions in FA next year. Might be better for him to sit now and let that be the performance people last remember.

Offer him a contract for 18 million over 5 years? :lol:

Think about it, my elected official friend.

Only $18M? Now you dissin' me! How I gonna feed my family on $18M?

(Can't wait to hear what they say 'bout Peters' physical - should be some word today.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :wallbash: