McCargo Trade?

Stenbar

This just proves that Parker's strategy was all wrong. Peters should have showed up, started acting like a disinterested malcontent, and asked for a trade and he'd already be a top paid NFL LT for some other team. :thumbsup:

:unsure:

And I got vilified for stating that McCargo was a reach.

"There is no such thing as a reach." "Dick/Marv know how to build a team. Trust 'em." :wallbash:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just proves that Parker's strategy was all wrong. Peters should have showed up, started acting like a disinterested malcontent, and asked for a trade and he'd already be a top paid NFL LT for some other team. :wallbash:

"There is no such thing as a reach." "Dick/Marv know how to build a team. Trust 'em." :unsure:

Gotta love Bills fans who love to knock the team they supposedly "love." You guys are so cool. :thumbsup: The best part is this a freaking rumor that proves absolutely nothing. MCcargo is essentially a 2nd year player who finally gets to play with some talent. If McCargo has a good year, I wonder if these same posters will be as quick to respond.

Gotta love Bills fans who love to knock the team they supposedly "love." You guys are so cool. :thumbsup: The best part is this a freaking rumor that proves absolutely nothing. MCcargo is essentially a 2nd year player who finally gets to play with some talent. If McCargo has a good year, I wonder if these same posters will be as quick to respond.

Amen. If a draft pick doesn't pan out, i often wonder why some "fans" get off on the fact they they "predicted" the player would suck. Last time i checked, if a player doesn't pan out, it hurts the Bills. Goes to show that to some, being right is a lot more important than the Bills' success.

I agree with what you are saying - McCargo should not be jettisoned just yet as he hasn't had a good enough chance to prove himself. Nonetheless, if this rumour indeed becomes reality, the FO better have a decent plan and player for the DT rotation. Given our D's penchant for injuries, I do NOT want to replace a DT with a LB and be suddenly thin on the front line of a run D.

You would hope the team would wait a few weeks to make sure Stroud makes it through a couple complete games.

Well, since this was just a rumor about shopping, which can mean a great many things, and certainly does not mean a trade is imminent, I would say you have little to worry about.

Why would the be trading him if they need other personnel? Why not scour the recently waived/cut, etc??

Do you think the bills don't already know who is available? That's all these guys do all day is scan for released players. They make big money to do so. To even intimate that they wouldn't look at the waiver wire is almost comical.

Gotta love Bills fans who love to knock the team they supposedly "love." You guys are so cool. :w00t: The best part is this a freaking rumor that proves absolutely nothing. MCcargo is essentially a 2nd year player who finally gets to play with some talent. If McCargo has a good year, I wonder if these same posters will be as quick to respond.

My thinking is that the Bills are not giving up on McCargo. However, he may have some perceived value in the market and we are very thin at Linebacker, which is why they are shopping him, hoping to find an OLB.

Did anyone else hear the Tim Graham interview where It was told he said McCargo was being shopped today?

EDIT:I am a tard..It wasnt me that was told..I forget to put the "t" in it..

This would be fantastic. :w00t:

-Marcus Stroud is ultimately unproven at this point and has some fragility issues given his recent string of ankle injuries.

-Kyle Williams plays hard but is average and only becomes better when those around him do.

-Spencer Johnson played on a defensive line last year with arguably 2 top 5 defensive tackles, he is also classified as unknown.

So now the team might possibly trade McCargo, whose stock is unknown but has shown flashes of brilliance at times.

Fact: this set of DT's is 1 injury away from mediocrity.

Thoughts: Give McCargo one more year before trading him for what I believe would be at best a late 3rd round pick.

If the 2008 season is a wheelbarrel then the management has taken a big collective dump in it over the last few days.

Did anyone else hear the Tim Graham interview where It was told he said McCargo was being shopped today?

EDIT:I am a tard..It wasnt me that was told..I forget to put the "t" in it..

Still not buying it. I think it's a bluff. McCargo might break out this year and it hinted at the end of last season.

Still not buying it. I think it's a bluff. McCargo might break out this year and it hinted at the end of last season.

I thought he played pretty good towards the end of the year..I am not a big Williams fan and I thought he would beat him out easily this yr..I dont get it..

Gotta love Bills fans who love to knock the team they supposedly "love." You guys are so cool. :lol: The best part is this a freaking rumor that proves absolutely nothing. MCcargo is essentially a 2nd year player who finally gets to play with some talent. If McCargo has a good year, I wonder if these same posters will be as quick to respond.

:lol: Go McCargo! Go Bills!

This would be fantastic. :lol:

-Marcus Stroud is ultimately unproven at this point and has some fragility issues given his recent string of ankle injuries.

-Kyle Williams plays hard but is average and only becomes better when those around him do.

-Spencer Johnson played on a defensive line last year with arguably 2 top 5 defensive tackles, he is also classified as unknown.

So now the team might possibly trade McCargo, whose stock is unknown but has shown flashes of brilliance at times.

Fact: this set of DT's is 1 injury away from mediocrity.

Thoughts: Give McCargo one more year before trading him for what I believe would be at best a late 3rd round pick.

If the 2008 season is a wheelbarrel then the management has taken a big collective dump in it over the last few days.

There's that "rationality" thing again. Go back into your corner, put on the dunce cap, and spank that inner child within.

I'm curious about how any trade might effect us moving forward. What is Stroud's contract status?

pretty sure he's signed thru 2010 and his base is $3M this year. The Bills reworked his contract when they acquired him, cutting it by about $2M and some incentives that let him get most or all of that back if he delivers big.