Crowell now on IR

VABills

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone concerned a 4 week injury is too short to put a guy on IR, look at Poz just last year. Guy got hurt in week 3 and could have played the last 6 games.

If they are doing this to give Crowell the shaft, that, to me, is some seriously bush league garbage. Who you're really giving the shaft to are the other 52 guys on the team, telling the that team success is second to personal vendettas with particular players. What kind of player will want to play for a team like this? Last year was growing pains, this year was supposed to be take a step forward... it's like they have no interest in doing just that.

With moves like this, I don't for a second have any time for lame 'small market' excuses for not competing from management.

Of course, all this assumes that there isn't more to the story that I am unaware of, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. Actually, the opposite being true would be the real surprise.

Dude, enough of the "Ralph Wilson is out to get me crap". This situation and POZ's are completely different, players were dropping like flies last year. I am glad, Ellison did a hell of a job in his rookie year, considering (late pick and quick start) and I look foward to him building on that. Crowell seemed absent in alot of the games last year.

Everyone just have a drink (from the koolaid cooler) and just relax. We'll be fine, there's a legit reason, mark my words....

Well, I really hope that the Buffalo brass has good reason to do this. I like Brandon. I like how he has stood up to Peters' holdout. However, this just seems vindictive to me. Again, perhaps I am wrong and perhaps the Bills organization knows something the rest of us do not know, but why the knee-jerk reaction? Why not at least see how the surgery goes before putting him out for the entire season? Let him have the surgery and then make the decision in a week or two to see how his knee responds. It just doesn't make sense to do this so quickly and it does seem almost spiteful. Perhaps his knee has gotten progressively worse and he really is concerned about injuring himself more severely if he doesn't opt for the surgery. Also, wasn't the decision made AFTER consulting with team doctors? Something just stinks about this whole situation and we may never really know the behind-the-scenes reasons for all of this.

Well, I really hope that the Buffalo brass has good reason to do this. I like Brandon. I like how he has stood up to Peters' holdout. However, this just seems vindictive to me. Again, perhaps I am wrong and perhaps the Bills organization knows something the rest of us do not know, but why the knee-jerk reaction? Why not at least see how the surgery goes before putting him out for the entire season? Let him have the surgery and then make the decision in a week or two to see how his knee responds. It just doesn't make sense to do this so quickly and it does seem almost spiteful. Perhaps his knee has gotten progressively worse and he really is concerned about injuring himself more severely if he doesn't opt for the surgery. Also, wasn't the decision made AFTER consulting with team doctors? Something just stinks about this whole situation and we may never really know the behind-the-scenes reasons for all of this.

I agree, I'm weirded out by this move.

Anyone concerned a 4 week injury is too short to put a guy on IR, look at Poz just last year. Guy got hurt in week 3 and could have played the last 6 games.

If they are doing this to give Crowell the shaft, that, to me, is some seriously bush league garbage. Who you're really giving the shaft to are the other 52 guys on the team, telling the that team success is second to personal vendettas with particular players. What kind of player will want to play for a team like this? Last year was growing pains, this year was supposed to be take a step forward... it's like they have no interest in doing just that.

With moves like this, I don't for a second have any time for lame 'small market' excuses for not competing from management.

Of course, all this assumes that there isn't more to the story that I am unaware of, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. Actually, the opposite being true would be the real surprise.

As plenty of other people have pointed out, POSLUSZNY HIMSELF stated that he could NOT have played at the end of the year... he was just so anxious to get back, he overstated his health.

I think this is a great move by both Crowell and the Bills.

I don't know why...I'm just dead-set on being an optimist on this issue. Give me a little while to come up with a sound reason.

A seagull crapped on my shoulder yesterday, and by all accounts, that's supposed to be good luck. I think this move will work out

As plenty of other people have pointed out, POSLUSZNY HIMSELF stated that he could NOT have played at the end of the year... he was just so anxious to get back, he overstated his health.

What about (the forgotten man) Mario Haggan - available in Week 4, as I recall?

Also, let's not get the timelines screwed up here.

When he went in to get scoped, it was reported he would have to miss three or four games, whatever it was. That's the STANDARD time off for a scope (just like Willis this off-season). As in, "you're getting scoped? Oh, ok, see you in a month or so."

That was BEFORE the scope. It was AFTER the scope that they put him on IR. Perhaps they found something worse than expected. Perhaps a "scope" turned into a "surgery."

Before we have all the FACTS, let's not make RIDICULOUS assumptions about the Bills being vindictive or Angelo trying to stick it to the team... maybe his knee is TRULY messed up. Maybe he's out 10-12 weeks. We don't know.

Any speculation to the contrary is a waste of everyone's time and completely irresponsible. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from some of the more useless posters around here.

A seagull crapped on my shoulder yesterday, and by all accounts, that's supposed to be good luck. I think this move will work out

lol. I don't yet understand it, but I also will choose for now to accept that the Bills know what they are doing with this move.

Once again get it right Ranger Retard. The polish one wouldn't have made it back ANYTIME last season. You beat me to it GhostsOfTHERockpile but I felt it neccesary to throw in the retard part. I'm sick of the Poz could have made it back comments. Stop being a blind pollock homer people.

What about (the forgotten man) Mario Haggan - available in Week 4, as I recall?

Yeah, I think Mario could still play... special teams. Unfortunately, that's not where we're going to miss him. I don't think any magic can land us a starting level LB a this point in the year.

You could pin this at the top of the board and people would still come on here telling everyone how the Bills screwed that up because Poz could have been back for (pick one) 4,6, or more games at the end of the year.