Donte Whitner: "Emerging AFC Star"

Lori

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

donte is an above average player. he is nowhere near as good as huuf of LA however =the other safety taken in that draft. i dont know what ot think of donte -- especially aft he refused to tackle jacobs on the bog TD run at home last season. i watched that play over and over. done had the angle and jacobs ran right past him. donte looked scared to challenge jacobs -- a hulking freight train running a 4.5. 40. but still, i'm miffed. we shall see, he sure talks a big game. and his salaryh is HUGE! HE MAKES way too MUCH MONEY FOR HIS VALUE RIGHT NOW.

Is that Michael Huff in Disguise.

Whitner is a great vocal leader and a guy you need in the locker room. He has been a good not great player to this point. Here's hoping he has a breakout year so we can feel better about passsing on Ngata <_<

What he said, plus Mangold or Jospeh, and the extra picks (including a 2nd) that Marv said he was offered for a swap.

It could work and I hope it does.

Whitner is a great vocal leader and a guy you need in the locker room. He has been a good not great player to this point. Here's hoping he has a breakout year so we can feel better about passsing on Ngata :thumbsup:

Whitner took McKelvin under his wing, opened his home to Leon, and kept the kid 'on the straight & narrow' during his early exposure to the NFL; now, Whitner has sent notices to his immediate neighbors that there'll be weekly team meetings at his home, just to forewarn them about all the SUV's in the driveway and curbside.

How can anyone in their right mind question Marv for picking Whitner? Guy's a leader on and off the field, and gonna be an All Pro this season, I think.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Whitner took McKelvin under his wing, opened his home to Leon, and kept the kid 'on the straight & narrow' during his early exposure to the NFL; now, Whitner has sent notices to his immediate neighbors that there'll be weekly team meetings at his home, just to forewarn them about all the SUV's in the driveway and curbside.

How can anyone in their right mind question Marv for picking Whitner? Guy's a leader on and off the field, and gonna be an All Pro this season, I think.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Hey it would have been nice to have Ngata but im so much happier we got whitner just because of his leadership and his playmaking ability. He makes Buffalo scary and i love watching him roam, hes gonna be a special player sooner rather than later

What he said, plus Mangold or Jospeh, and the extra picks (including a 2nd) that Marv said he was offered for a swap.

It could work and I hope it does.

Nobody disputed Donte's ability to talk. He's talks a big game, but his play thus far hasn't measured up to the talk.

He's a leader, but give me Ngata any day of the week.

donte is an above average player. he is nowhere near as good as huuf of LA however =the other safety taken in that draft. i dont know what ot think of donte -- especially aft he refused to tackle jacobs on the bog TD run at home last season. i watched that play over and over. done had the angle and jacobs ran right past him. donte looked scared to challenge jacobs -- a hulking freight train running a 4.5. 40. but still, i'm miffed. we shall see, he sure talks a big game. and his salaryh is HUGE! HE MAKES way too MUCH MONEY FOR HIS VALUE RIGHT NOW.

Whitner

Huffy

Huffy makes more $ than Whitner and the only thing Huffy has done better is get a sack. Whitner's INT. was returned for 29 yards and Huffy's was 4 yards. I'd say Huffy is the overpaid S. K-Mart is having a sale on clues maybe you should get a few. :thumbsup:

OK, I'm slow...just 'found' that article.

Tim Graham...excellent work, thank you.

If you haven't read it do yourself a favor (you too Bill!).

Also, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, air contains oxygen, water is H2O, food is necessary for humans to live and so is water, the Poorpisses and Pets* suck and Lana's farts are :cry::huh::doh:

Before you keep hurling insults around, you should watch some footbal and read some reports as to what players are doing and not doing arond the league. Huff is the next gret safety -- anyone on the west coast will tell you that . Pro personal guys are drooling over his play. HE IS ALL OVER THE FIELD. As far as Donte, he is WAY WAY overpriced. He has not impacted a game a SINGLE play -- in my viewing experience. He is a solid player. A vocal leader. So what? He is not a big play guy - -and was drafted too high. I like him, but he aint Huff and will never be an impact player. Simple as that.

Keep reading your stat book and read my posts. You are learning things about the game and enriching your knowledge slowly. I'm kind of like your mentor.

Whitner

Huffy

Huffy makes more $ than Whitner and the only thing Huffy has done better is get a sack. Whitner's INT. was returned for 29 yards and Huffy's was 4 yards. I'd say Huffy is the overpaid S. K-Mart is having a sale on clues maybe you should get a few. :thumbsup:

Also, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, air contains oxygen, water is H2O, food is necessary for humans to live and so is water, the Poorpisses and Pets* suck and Lana's farts are :cry::huh::doh:

Before you keep hurling insults around, you should watch some footbal and read some reports as to what players are doing and not doing arond the league. Huff is the next gret safety -- anyone on the west coast will tell you that . Pro personal guys are drooling over his play. HE IS ALL OVER THE FIELD. As far as Donte, he is WAY WAY overpriced. He has not impacted a game a SINGLE play -- in my viewing experience. He is a solid player. A vocal leader. So what? He is not a big play guy - -and was drafted too high. I like him, but he aint Huff and will never be an impact player. Simple as that.

Keep reading your stat book and read my posts. You are learning things about the game and enriching your knowledge slowly. I'm kind of like your mentor.

Can't wait to bring back up your posts. I watch football, and watched both of these guys in college. DW>>>Huff

Huff is the 8th rated SS in the league.. according to ESPN.

Whitner? He's 4th.

PS: Huff is on the cuff of being a bust... he plays no where near his draft position.

Wow jimmy, wow.