87 members have voted

1. 1. Jason Get in here!

• YEAR LONG HOLD OUT
    • GET DEAL DONE BY MID SEASON
    • GET DEAL DONE BEFORE SEASON
    • NO CONTACT ULTIL BILLS CALL HIM - DEAL GETS DONE THEN
    • HE'LL CONTACT BILLS TO GET DEAL DONE
    • NEVER PLAYS FOR BILLS AGAIN

We need this guy and the Bills are being stubborn. Pick up the phone!

Yeah, we do need him but he needs us also. There's no way he'll sit out a whole year. The fact is he has 3 years left on his current contract. The Bills should not just "pick up the phone" and reach out to him to make a deal- Peters needs to fire his agent, reach out to the organization, say he's sorry and that he wants to play and get his ass to Orchard Park. He would be doing himself a disservice by sitting out any longer. He'll get a better contract but not this way...

Yeah, we do need him but he needs us also. There's no way he'll sit out a whole year. The fact is he has 3 years left on his current contract. The Bills should not just "pick up the phone" and reach out to him to make a deal- Peters needs to fire his agent, reach out to the organization, say he's sorry and that he wants to play and get his ass to Orchard Park. He would be doing himself a disservice by sitting out any longer. He'll get a better contract but not this way...

I agree with everything you said. Thanks. Especially "Fire Hi Agent Part"!

i believe and i hope that he shows this week. He will make the case as a top 3 LT this year with his play and in the offseason the bills will make him the highest paid LT in the league. I think with the holdout this year, it sets him up for the big payday nextyear.

I believe that was the plan all along on Parkers behalf. If Peters had reported this offseason without a peep and played, he may have had to have this holdout next year(2 yrs remaining). Thus, in Parkers mind...they maybe gain a year or at the very least, gain an easier negotiation next offseason.

I dont blame Peters for trying to make the most $ he can as soon as he can, or the bills for wanting to save as much $ for as long as they can.

I just want Peters here now, and i believe he needs to be here for our QB to reach his potential and our offense to reach its potential.

A player is injured in an area that is difficult to heal and you never hear from him again, even though the season is about to begin. Doesn't this make you suspicious that he isn't capable of playing? Sure he wants a new contract before he shows up, because chances are good that if he ever shows up he will still be injured or the least, not the same player he was pre-injury.

Doubt we'll see JP in a Bills unifrom again.

I'm too lazy and pissed off at my laptop to look tonight, but there was a link earlier that stated Peter's or his agent haven't returned any calls to the Bills so far. IIRC they stated the Bills have made about a dozen calls since Jan

Jason, call the team back :thumbsup:

Think he will wait until week 10 then report to get one year of service. He will not be in shape and not be available for several weeks. Will not be invited to Pro Bowl.

If he did that I would have no problem with the Bills going after his signing bonus.

(Ducking because I know Mr. Parker Mickey will be along to lecture me about how my opinion is wrong and how his client favorite offensive lineman is just "takin' care of business" right now.)

A player is injured in an area that is difficult to heal and you never hear from him again, even though the season is about to begin. Doesn't this make you suspicious that he isn't capable of playing? Sure he wants a new contract before he shows up, because chances are good that if he ever shows up he will still be injured or the least, not the same player he was pre-injury.

Doubt we'll see JP in a Bills unifrom again.

Do you really think the Bills are going to just hand him a new contract without a clause saying he needs to pass a physical before it is in force? Its common knowledge that he would need to pass a physical before getting his contract, so regardless of if he is hoping not to show he is still injured, they are going to find out anyways...

Its been almost 9 months now...I am pretty sure he is fine from a groin injury...those don't take THAT long to heal...

We will see him in a Bills uniform and it will be very soon..

To me, it comes down to one simple fact. If he is traded he will get a huge contract that will make missing all or part of this season more than worthwhile. I don't know any more than anyone else about when or whether he'll report, but to think he HAS to report for the season is not acknowledging the fact that some OL desperate team will gladly trade for him and pay him $10M per season on average.

By not even contacting the team I'm sure he feels he would eventually get traded and receive the same deal he would have received if he were an unrestricted free agent A good deal has been made about the Bills not setting a precedent by renegotiating a deal at gunpoint with so much time left on it. That's true and they should not cave. But IMO, they set themselves up for this by honoring so many requests for freedom or trade. The impression is that this organization will not hold fast in a dispute and will instead cut it's losses sooner than later. I don't think that is as much the case now that Brandon is in charge and the Bills are so close to becoming a winning team.

Think he will wait until week 10 then report to get one year of service. He will not be in shape and not be available for several weeks. Will not be invited to Pro Bowl.

Barring a sudden development this week, which I don't see happening, this is spot on. He will do the absolute minimum to make the year count for his contract, and will sit either b/c he's out of shape or the coaches refusing to play him. Then expect him to be traded in the off-season. Then we never sign another Eugene Parker player ever again.

You really are a piece of work. But art?

Look, the Bills aren't the problem. If you don't show up for work, and don't call in, what the F right do you have? The NFL is a business, Peters is an employee. Whatever you do for a living....do you think you have the right to not show up for work, fail to call in, and let it be known that you want more money even though they gave you a big raise last year?

What Peters and his agentS are doing is insanity. It's a money grab by two ambitious a-holes who want to set a DANGEROUS precedent...and you're on THEIR side?

Barring a sudden development this week, which I don't see happening, this is spot on. He will do the absolute minimum to make the year count for his contract, and will sit either b/c he's out of shape or the coaches refusing to play him. Then expect him to be traded in the off-season. Then we never sign another Eugene Parker player ever again.

This is what will most likely happen, from the looks of it. And if there's a soul out there who thinks the Bills have blown it, they can go whine in their bowl if blind stupidity.

The Bills have handled this PERFECTLY.