Corner and Ellis on the practise squad?...

julian

Sal Maiorana from the D&C thinks they could go on the practise squad.

Are the bills really that talented that we can afford to not play a 3rd round pick? I think he's crazy, both those guys will play this year imo.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Are the bills really that talented that we can afford to not play a 3rd round pick? I think he's crazy, both those guys will play this year imo.

I was amazed too after reading that article....WHo ever puts their 4th and 3rd rounder especially when these guys can contribute (at least Reggie Corner) in the practice squad....

They guys have really gone nuts......Practice squad is usually reserved for your 7th rounders and UDFA......

I was amazed too after reading that article....WHo ever puts their 4th and 3rd rounder especially when these guys can contribute (at least Reggie Corner) in the practice squad....

They guys have really gone nuts......Practice squad is usually reserved for your 7th rounders and UDFA......

i agree...and i thought Eliis made some plays and looked pretty good for a guy just getting his feet wet.

I think (hope?) he's flat-out wrong about Ellis, based on his competition for that fourth DE spot. But Corner? I believe he's made the team, but if they decide to keep both James and Youboty ...

I also think there's no way in hell they can sneak Corner onto the practice squad if they do release him. Someone -- Cleveland, perhaps, which was desperate enough to trade for bust Travis Daniels -- would take a shot on him.

Pretty Lame article for a veteran reporter. Let's hope he at least got the starters right.

Remember this is a reporters conjecture at this point. The Bills haven't done anything like that yet.

PTR

Meh, Crhis Browns prediction looks solid though: http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3932 allthough he keeps 6 WR over 5 CB.

Buggs and Costanzo over Spragan, Youboty over James. Those are keeping in line with the Bills' youth movement, although I think James could contribute here. Massaquoi over Courtney Anderson? That one I'm not sure about, but he's seen the team far more than I have. Neither one would be here without the injuries to Schouman and Fine.

And I'm in total agreement with him about keeping both Jenkins and Steve Johnson.

Don't they have to clear waivers first? There's no way they clear waivers.

Agreed. Reggie has shown too much this preseason that other teams would want, and Ellis, not so sure on him, but as a situational pass rusher, he'll be too good to pass up.

If anyone from this draft class, put Stevie J or Xavier Omon on the Practice Squad.

If you try to put corner and ellis on the PS, kiss them goodbye. They'll both be claimed on waivers before you can blink. I think Omon makes the team over Wright. One thing Wright has been good at is putting the ball on the turf, and that cant make jauron happy.

I think (hope?) he's flat-out wrong about Ellis, based on his competition for that fourth DE spot. But Corner? I believe he's made the team, but if they decide to keep both James and Youboty ...

I also think there's no way in hell they can sneak Corner onto the practice squad if they do release him. Someone -- Cleveland, perhaps, which was desperate enough to trade for bust Travis Daniels -- would take a shot on him.

100% agreed...especially with not being able to sneak Corner onto the squad

Exactly.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that an NFL team cut a rookie 3rd round pick?

2007. The raiders cut Quentin Moses by accident, by placing him on waivers, with someone messing up paper work. He was claimed by the cards, then cut, then claimed by the dolphins. Moses was the 1st pick of the 3rd rd. Not a rookie, but the bears recently released Michael Okwo. A 3rd rd 07 pick lb out of Stanford. The odds of a rookie dend with the raw ability of a Chris Ellis. You can kiss him goodbye. The Bills are not set at dend by any stretch.

He's normally a good writer but he must have been hit in the head with a brick if he thinks Corner and Ellis go to the practice squad! :oops:

Don't they have to clear waivers first? There's no way they clear waivers.

Exactly #1

No way either one clears waivers. Even if they did , they would be signed as free agents. They would not last on a practice squad.

Exactly #2

LOL! No way Corner and Ellis don't make the 53-man roster. What is Sal smoking?

Exactly #3

Meh, Crhis Browns prediction looks solid though: http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3932 allthough he keeps 6 WR over 5 CB.

He has it as a close call between Corner and James. I don't think it's a close call. The Bills have McGee, Greer and Youboty with experience they don't have to have another experienced guy. With Will James you have a guy that you know has tapped out his potential vs. a guy who's looked great in camp and is a rookie with huge upside!

Corner, a fourth-round pick, has looked better than McKelvin at times and will stick as well.

Exactly.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that an NFL team cut a rookie 3rd round pick?

It has to be an extreme case for a team to do that.

Maurice Clarrett is the only one I can think of.

There's your extreme case. He should have been a UFA instead of a draft pick. The guy is a head case!

I can't agree with his TE guesses. Why would you keep a spot on the 53-man roster for a rookie who has just has his thumb operated on? And I'd keep Anderson over Massaquoi, but they will probably pick up a free agent to replace both of them.

Putting Fine on IR or the PS would allow them to keep Wright or James.

I can't agree with his TE guesses. Why would you keep a spot on the 53-man roster for a rookie who has just has his thumb operated on? And I'd keep Anderson over Massaquoi, but they will probably pick up a free agent to replace both of them.

Putting Fine on IR or the PS would allow them to keep Wright or James.

That's the way I'm leaning, as well. (Not so much Wright, but keeping that spot open for somebody.)

And to expand on VOR's post about Fine, he's correct -- PUP is not an option once the player has participated in training camp.

It would actually be sort of interesting to see them try that. Even if they cleared waivers, it would make sense for other teams to extend claims to someone like Corner or Ellis just to phuk with Jauron and the Bills and force them to make more roster moves or lose their draft selections with zero compensation.

If you try to put corner and ellis on the PS, kiss them goodbye. They'll both be claimed on waivers before you can blink. I think Omon makes the team over Wright. One thing Wright has been good at is putting the ball on the turf, and that cant make jauron happy.

After thursdays game, someone asked Jauron about it and he said that they like the way he runs, but its definitly something he needs to work on, and that there have been a bunch of good RB's in this league that have gotten over having the rep of being fumble prone. It just takes a little bit of patience