DNC Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually love to see McCain name Hillary his VP.

What possible explaination would he have for picking someone who disagrees with him on practically every issue?

These people who claim to be Hillary supporters who say they'll now vote for McCain are idiots. I've been one of Hillary's supporters throughout the campaign, and was upset about how the primaries went, but now it's time to get realistic and support the person who would enact most of the policies that Hillary advocated.

If they say they support McCain because he's more experienced in foreign policy than Obama, then the same argument could have been made that technically McCain is more experienced than Hillary. But the difference is what decisions they would make given that experience, so I don't buy that excuse. Cheney and Rumsfeld had extensive foreign policy experience, but look what they did with that knowledge in influencing Bush. Bad judgement overshadows extensive experience.

What possible explaination would he have for picking someone who disagrees with him on practically every issue?

These people who claim to be Hillary supporters who say they'll now vote for McCain are idiots. I've been one of Hillary's supporters throughout the campaign, and was upset about how the primaries went, but now it's time to get realistic and support the person who would enact most of the policies that Hillary advocated.

If they say they support McCain because he's more experienced in foreign policy than Obama, then the same argument could have been made that technically McCain is more experienced than Hillary. But the difference is what decisions they would make given that experience, so I don't buy that excuse. Cheney and Rumsfeld had extensive foreign policy experience, but look what they did with that knowledge in influencing Bush. Bad judgement overshadows extensive experience.

Hillary and McCain are in lockstep agreement about tax increases, illegal aliens, and drilling for oil (depending on what you believe). They are also anti-labor (Hillary was counsel for Wal-Mart, but forgot her duties :lol: ). Oh, how did they both vote on the war? :angry:

The fact that you think these two are really different says a lot about your naivety.

What if they believe that Obama is an empty suit, a total know-nothing lightweight who doesn't have anywhere near the experience to handle any aspect of this job and it would be foolish and dangerous of our country to elect him? Ok to vote for McCain then? On Saturday that's pretty much exactly what the lifelong Dem who would have voted for Hillary told me.

Not that it would ever happen, but off the top of my head -

1. McCain and Clinton are closer on foreign policy than Clinton and Obama.

2*. Untill recently, I would have said that there is more common ground on taxation and handling the economy between Clinton and McCain than Clinton and Obama.

3. They are close on the environment and global warming.

4. They have both long traditions of reaching out to hispanic voters.

5. They both work well with members of both parties in congress (a fact that is counter-intuitive to Hillary-bashers).

6. They are both adults.

These are the themes that are likely to be important to the McCain camps strategy. The topics on which they differ, like abortion, are probably going to be downplayed nationally anyway.

Ask yourself this - how well does Clinton align versus Lieberman, who is seen as a serious possibility? Pretty similarly, I'd say.

Black Obama delegate calls black Hillary delegate an "Uncle Tom"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/25/ch...d-me-uncle-tom/

And pfffff....yeah right:

Initially, Jones denied calling Cobb an “Uncle Tom” and refused to elaborate. However, he is now telling reporters that he called her a “doubting Thomas” and that Cobb must have misheard the remar

Hmmm, watch the Democratic convention :angry: or....

Star Trek TNG on Sci Fi :lol:

Family Guy on TBS B-)

Futurama & South Park on Comedy Central :P

Sure they're all re-runs, but then again the Dem's won't say anything we haven't already heard (neither will the Reps at their convention)

He misses the anal probes, more like. :nana:

Was Nancy Pelosi chewing gum during her segment? Sure looked like it. Made me think of the "Mars Attacks" girl only w/o the ta-tas.

When Hillary gets really going on a speech and her voice gets shriller, I think she sounds like the Martians in Mars Attacks ... "Ack Ack!"...

Lets play some Slim Whitman and see if she is!

Hillary and McCain are in lockstep agreement about tax increases, illegal aliens, and drilling for oil (depending on what you believe). They are also anti-labor (Hillary was counsel for Wal-Mart, but forgot her duties :lol: ). Oh, how did they both vote on the war? :nana:

The fact that you think these two are really different says a lot about your naivety.

Oh my lord. You are so out of tune it's ridiculous. Hillary is anti-labor because her Wal-Mart board position a while ago? Did you not know that Hillary was endorsed by the majority of the major international unions during the primary? Do you really believe the unions would endorse someone anti-labor?

No way would this EVER happen.