looking good for opener against Seattle

per rotoworld

Matt Hasselbeck (back) is expected to miss Seattle's third preseason game.

He didn't practice Wednesday after Tuesday's setback. Coach Mike Holmgren says Hasselbeck's back is "tight and sore," but thinks his QB will be back for the season opener. Still, this is concerning because Hasselbeck is 33 and could've used the game reps with his unproven receiver corps.

He will most likely play week 1, but he'll be banged up. Engram and Branch will be out and I think that lineman Locklear and Spencer have been hurt as well.

Everytime i see posts about Favre with the Jets, Pennington with the Dolphins, Brady's foot, etc.... it just kills me. It seems some fans are looking for anything to justify that the Bills will win.

If the Bills can't beat the Patriots with Brady, The jets with Favre, the Dolphins with Pennington, or a banged up Seattle team there is no way we go to the playoffs. It's as simple as that.

I just want them to win no matter whats thrown at them.

If its a 100% healthy Pats team, or a banged up Seahawks team, a win is a win, and they don't weigh teams wins and losses based on the condition the team was in when they played. I want them to beat whatever team they are playing, weither they are beat up or not.

I just want them to win no matter whats thrown at them.

If its a 100% healthy Pats team, or a banged up Seahawks team, a win is a win, and they don't weigh teams wins and losses based on the condition the team was in when they played. I want them to beat whatever team they are playing, weither they are beat up or not.

Exactly. You play whoever is in up next on your schedule, and if they're banged-up and that helps you win, great!

If we can only beat banged up teams we won't do much in the season. I hate posts like this.

I don't think the point of the post was "Good, now we actually have a chance to win because some of their guys are hurt". It was that this obviously will play out in our favor come week 1. I don't care how you win a home opener, just do it. And anything that can help the cause is fine with me.

I'm with you, kota. I want the Bills to win because they're the better team, period.

I could care less how the Bills win, as long as they win. With that said, don't poke the sleeping bear with posts/threads about our opponents injury woes.

I could care less how the Bills win, as long as they win. With that said, don't poke the sleeping bear with posts/threads about our opponents injury woes.

I hear ya, man, but there's only one thing worse than getting into the playoffs because of a couple of lucky bounces and then having your clock cleaned by a better team -- and that's not making the playoffs in the first place. So right now, I'd say I agree with you.

My real point, though, is that I don't want to feel every week as though something has to go wrong for the opponent in order for the Bills to have a shot at winning. Screw the underdog role -- I want to be the deserving favorite. The early 90s felt GOOD.

If the Bills can't beat the Patriots with Brady, The jets with Favre, the Dolphins with Pennington, or a banged up Seattle team there is no way we go to the playoffs. It's as simple as that.

What you say is true IF this team is really good, but right now, it's not. The fact remains that we typically suck in the beginning of the season, but get better as the season progresses. The only way we're getting to the playoffs this year is if we get a good head start and not open the season 1-4 like we did last year. If that means we have to steal a win from a gimpy Seahawk team, I have no problem being glad that some of their key players are injured.

I appreciate the bravado like the next guy, but facts is facts: we ain't that good. We only show promise, and promise doesn't win shiit.

And we both know that no team ever cleanly wins every victory.

Of course, the flip side is that we had better win that game. If not...holy crap. Lose at home on opening day to a team with that many guys injured or out? Ugh.

I'm sure Holmgren is scouring TSW even as we speak, looking for BB material...

Oh yes... he is sitting like the World of Warcraft guy on South Park, surrounded by empty Doritos bags, clicking through the forum muttering... "ha! they will lose, because statistics prove that not drafting DL with every top draft pick means they are DOOMED!!!!!!"

If we can only beat banged up teams we won't do much in the season. I hate posts like this.

I'm not sure we have won enough to be so discriminating about how we win.

Nobody ever apologized for stomping on the Bills last year when they had so many injuries - I'll take a Bills win any way I can get it.

I don't care if the other team defaults the game, a win is a win and is the start to getting on a roll. If they beat a team with a bunch of injuries, so be it. A winning attitude is contagious. At the end of the season when we get a wildcard spot with 10 wins, nobody is going to care how they came, they will however care if we have 9 wins and go home.

GO BILLS!