Charlie Batch's career over?

Charlie Batch will likely miss the 2008 season after fracturing his collarbone in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Eagles. This may threaten Batch's career, as he's in the last year of his deal and turns 35 in 2009. The free agent QB market is thin, but the Steelers will begin scouring immediately. Kordell Stewart wants back in. Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Josh McCown, John Beck, Quinn Gray, Damon Huard, Anthony Wright, and Brooks Bollinger could all be available shortly.

This means trouble for the Steelers if Big Ben goes down. All they have behind him now are Mike Potts (rookie from William & Mary) and Dennis Dixon (rookie from Oregon coming off of an ACL injury). I'm sure they'll be in the market now.

This means trouble for the Steelers if Big Ben goes down. All they have behind him now are Mike Potts (rookie from William & Mary) and Dennis Dixon (rookie from Oregon coming off of an ACL injury). I'm sure they'll be in the market now.

Leftwich.

Let's not forget that Vinny Testaverde started several games last year. QBing around the league is in dire straits.

Testaverde started because the starter for that team got hurt and their backup sucked, not because he deserved to be a starter

Charlie Batch will likely miss the 2008 season after fracturing his collarbone in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night against the Eagles. This may threaten Batch's career, as he's in the last year of his deal and turns 35 in 2009. The free agent QB market is thin, but the Steelers will begin scouring immediately. Kordell Stewart wants back in. Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Josh McCown, John Beck, Quinn Gray, Damon Huard, Anthony Wright, and Brooks Bollinger could all be available shortly.

I didn't realize he had a career, when did it start?

Could you imagine if Big Ben went down.........Losmans value just skyrockets from there......keep an eye out!

I don't think so. At this moment the perception about Losman in the league is a Kid with a Big Arm but a very inaccurate arm...If Losman was valued so much, teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs and Vikings would have made a play for him...

Look for the Steelers to get a veteran insurance QB from another team before regular season. They will probably give a late round draft pick to get Chris Simms from the Bucs.

Nope. Have you seen him play in his time with the Steelers? He's really good--a lot better and more mature than he was with the Lions.

yes I have seen him play and he's not really good, if he was he would be a starter somewhere and wouldnt have spent the last how many years as a backup with the Steelers...he's a decent backup, not nearly a starter