Guess who's tied with Bledsoe as sack leader

NanaAnna

It's the most mobile/fastest QB in the NFL........Mr. Michael Vick.

The slowest and the fastest Qb's in the NFL share something...go figure! LOL

76550[/snapback]

when a qb runs out of bounds BEHIND the line of scrimmage that is a sack as well. :lol:

when a qb runs out of bounds BEHIND the line of scrimmage that is a sack as well.  :lol:

76611[/snapback]

Stupidest thing in the world, to me. You're running towards the sideline, and at that point you can throw the ball away. WHY would you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without GETTING RID OF THE BALL? :lol: And yet they do it. :lol:

Yes and we can go back to even last year where the 2nd most sacked qb in the nfl was Donovan Mcnabb. Vicks running has caused him to seperate both his shoulders, break his leg and have countless other minor injuries since 2002. It's all well and good to have mobility, but running quaterbacks are useless. The only time a quaterback should run is if everything breaks down. The most important aspect to the qb position is to be able to stand in the pocket scan the field for a receiver and be able to hit on of your options with accuracy without making them stop and turn around. This is something Mike Vick can't do, so his big rocket arm becomes useless. Give me a qb who has pocket awarness and can pick you apart with his arm while moving down the field anyday over a qb who will get you a nice run here or there.

This is why guys like Brady,Manning,Favre,Pennington, Warner etc will always be more sucesfful than your Mike Vicks and your Donovan Mcnabbs. BTW before anyone gets started this isn't a bias against black qb's cause I happen to like Mcnair, Aaron brooks and was a big warren moon fan, but running qb's who don't have pocket awarness just aren't going to win in this league.

Here's a fun game, pick which stats belong to Bledsoe and which belong to Vick.

Sacks - 20

Yards lost - 109

Fumbles - 8

Fumbles lost - 5

Passing TDs - 4

INTs - 4

Completion% - 53.5

Rating - 77.3

Sacks - 20

Yards lost - 133

Fumbles - 2

Fumbles lost - 2

Passing TDs - 6

INTs - 3

Completion% - 57.7

Rating - 86.2

Keeping in mind that Vick has played 6 games to Bledsoe's 5.....

Here's a fun game, pick which stats belong to Bledsoe and which belong to Vick.

Sacks - 20

Yards lost - 109

Fumbles - 8

Fumbles lost - 5

Passing TDs - 4

INTs - 4

Completion% - 53.5

Rating - 77.3

Sacks - 20

Yards lost - 133

Fumbles - 2

Fumbles lost - 2

Passing TDs - 6

INTs - 3

Completion% - 57.7

Rating - 86.2

Keeping in mind that Vick has played 6 games to Bledsoe's 5.....

76812[/snapback]

I'm not going to praise Vick's overall performance this year...but what isn't in those numbers is who has come up big at the end of games to win the game for his team? Vick has played some stinkers this year only to put on a show in the 4th quarter and get it done, which is a big reason why his team is 4-1. Bledsoe hasn't played poorly this year, but I want a guy that can lead his team to a game winning FG when there are only 55 seconds on the clock.

WHY would you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without GETTING RID OF THE BALL?

Throwing the ball requires slowing down if running & often putting yourself in an awkward position. If you had a 250-300 Lb mean dude chasing you & you had the choice of nonchalantly stepping OB & taking a 1 or 2 yd loss or subjecting yourself to a vicious hit in most instances I'd bet you'd take the sack. In this case, discresion is the better part of valor.

I'm not going to praise Vick's overall performance this year...but what isn't in those numbers is who has come up big at the end of games to win the game for his team?  Vick has played some stinkers this year only to put on a show in the 4th quarter and get it done, which is a big reason why his team is 4-1.  Bledsoe hasn't played poorly this year, but I want a guy that can lead his team to a game winning FG when there are only 55 seconds on the clock.

76828[/snapback]

Bledsoe's passing numbers are better than Vicks in the 4th Qrt this year.

Bledsoe 99 Qb rating to Vicks 91

Bledsoe's 3 Td's and 1 Int to Vicks 1 Td and 1 Int.

Where Vick is getting it done is his legs. His 4th Qrt numbers with regard to rushing stick out. He has 22 rushes for 139 yards, which is just about half of all his rushing yards have come in the 4th Qrt.

Stupidest thing in the world, to me. You're running towards the sideline, and at that point you can throw the ball away. WHY would you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without GETTING RID OF THE BALL? :lol: And yet they do it. :lol:

76615[/snapback]

Yeah, everybody including Bledsoe knows that's what you do on 4th down! :lol:

Yeah, but I bet there is a big difference in net rushing numbers  :lol:

76556[/snapback]

Obviously you didn't see Drew's 11 yard scamper that got called back after the mysterioso holding call! :lol:

Yeah, Bledsoe is better than Vick.  The Falcons should trade him.  Or just cut him.  Vick sucks.

77056[/snapback]

You mean "overrated." :devil:

But while we're at it, why would the fastest QB in the NFL, and maybe one of the fastest men in the NFL, get sacked as much as someone as slow as Bledsoe? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

This is why guys like Brady,Manning,Favre,Pennington, Warner etc will always be more sucesfful than your Mike Vicks and your Donovan Mcnabbs.  BTW before anyone gets started this isn't a bias against black qb's cause I happen to like Mcnair, Aaron brooks and was a big warren moon fan, but running qb's who don't have pocket awarness just aren't going to win in this league.

76620[/snapback]

Yeah, and culpepper didn't start REALLY kicking ass until he learned to stay in the pocket. Now look at him - he's amazing. Although, teams do have to play him differently because he's mobile. The mere threat of that is important. Drew doesn't have that.

You mean "overrated." :devil:

But while we're at it, why would the fastest QB in the NFL, and maybe one of the fastest men in the NFL, get sacked as much as someone as slow as Bledsoe?  Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

77096[/snapback]

It's exactly because of his speed and his elusiveness that makes him more prone for sacks. Why? Because he'll hang in the pocket and think that he can just scramble himself out of trouble if nothing develops downfield. Sometimes it works out for him and a receiver will get open or he'll find some room to scramble and get positive yards. Other times, he'll get boxed in and will be sacked.

The Falcons will never win a Championship if Vick keeps playing the way he does. He is trying to be a one man offense. He is a QB not a RB. ONe day he is going to take off running and some Linebacker is going to wipe him out.

lets see...2 QB's at the top of the sacks list....what could they possibly have in common......hmmmmm......oh yeah, peerless price is a useless piece of stevestojan for both of them! :devil:

It's the most mobile/fastest QB in the NFL........Mr. Michael Vick.

The slowest and the fastest Qb's in the NFL share something...go figure! LOL

76550[/snapback]

The only stat that matters:

Atlanta Falcons    5-1

Buffalo Bills          1-4

Prove me wrong, folks.

77300[/snapback]

Does that mean that every single Falcons player is better than every Bills player, just quarterbacks, just starting quaterbacks, front office, what?

Next year, maybe the Bills should only draft players from an undefeated team in Division 3, after all the team's record is the only stat that matters.

I'm glad football analysis became so simple - I used to try and look at players objectively and determine their strengths and weaknesses taking into consideration the players they play with or compete against. I even had a few good discussions on this board about some Bills. All I really needed to know was the Teams won-loss record and everything else is mute. Thanks.

It's exactly because of his speed and his elusiveness that makes him more prone for sacks.  Why?  Because he'll hang in the pocket and think that he can just scramble himself out of trouble if nothing develops downfield.  Sometimes it works out for him and a receiver will get open or he'll find some room to scramble and get positive yards.  Other times, he'll get boxed in and will be sacked.

77225[/snapback]

I was listening to an ESPN blurb on the radio with Michael Irvin, and he said that Vick needed a better O-line. Maybe he also needs Peerless to step-up? Or a more consistent running game. Sound familiar? And Vick can NOT afford to take the pounding that Bledsoe can and has, and even when scrambling he's a risk to injure himself. So he probably needs a strong O-line as well, even though he's mobile.

Stupidest thing in the world, to me. You're running towards the sideline, and at that point you can throw the ball away. WHY would you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without GETTING RID OF THE BALL? :devil: And yet they do it. :lol:

76615[/snapback]

That was RJ's patented move.