Anyone else kind of hope Favre goes to the Jets?

I guess he simply had so few options, and he really wanted to play, so what were his choices? I think he will make them a better team but they will still suck. I can't imagine them much better than 8-8 with him. But he's a helluva lot better than what they had. I do think he's going to get roughed up, but he's one tough hombre.

Id much rather face Pennington or Clemens, but the jets are still not some talented team, and unless the jets are trading for donald driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones Ryan Grant, and the packers defense I dont think this makes them all that much better then a .500 team.

Id much rather face Pennington or Clemens, but the jets are still not some talented team, and unless the jets are trading for donald driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones Ryan Grant, and the packers defense I dont think this makes them all that much better then a .500 team.

Which is about what the Bills look like this year. .500 or slightly better.

Which is about what the Bills look like this year. .500 or slightly better.

very possible, I still think we're farther along then the jets though. Favre is a great stop gap option for them, but he doesn't put that team on a pedestal. Roster for Roster I'd take ours over NYJ.

to the og poster, as they say, becareful what you wish for dingus! :angry:

I realize that - but I stand by my sentiments. Jets games just got a heck of a lot more interesting. Don't think for a second that our team won't be twice as focused on taking them down. The mere opportunity to tarnish the image of the egomaniac is good enough for me. And I still think it's going to be a trainwreck for the Jets.

very possible, I still think we're farther along then the jets though. Favre is a great stop gap option for them, but he doesn't put that team on a pedestal. Roster for Roster I'd take ours over NYJ.

Hammer, meet head of the nail.

The Jets have a rookie DE and a decent LB corps, their WRs don't exactly scare anyone, and I'll take Lynch/Jackson over Thomas Jones any day. Their OL will tell the story.....it's gotten better as Ferguson & Mangold have more playing time, but they will determine whether or not Favre has a good season.

This does give the Jets a better QB this year and (maybe) next, but now they're saddled with the distractions and wondering during the offseason about whether or not he'll actually play next year. You just don't know if he'll pull the same "I'm retired, now I'm not" crap again. The media frenzy will be a distraction during the first week he's in camp and the first couple weeks of the regular season (and whenever they play the Cheatriots*), but there will be a constant buzz about how great the Jets are now with him. :angry:

I realize that - but I stand by my sentiments. Jets games just got a heck of a lot more interesting. Don't think for a second that our team won't be twice as focused on taking them down. The mere opportunity to tarnish the image of the egomaniac is good enough for me. And I still think it's going to be a trainwreck for the Jets.

According to you, just like the way we "destroyed" the image of Elway?

I, for one, love having the opportunity to destroy the image of the media darlings. To me that's a big part of being a Bills fan - beating Marino, Montana in KC, Elway, Boomer, the Dolphins generally.

The same Elway that is:

-in the NFL Hall of Fame

-awarded league MVP in 87

-started in 5 SB

-won 2 SB

-awarded SB MVP

I do not think his image his "tarnished" in any way shape or form because he lost to Bills a few times.

Sorry. Favre makes the Jets a better team. Period. How much better is unknown. Just do not bet on them being a cake walk this year.

According to you, just like the way we "destroyed" the image of Elway?

The same Elway that is:

-in the NFL Hall of Fame

-awarded league MVP in 87

-started in 5 SB

-won 2 SB

-awarded SB MVP

I do not think his image his "tarnished" in any way shape or form because he lost to Bills a few times.

Sorry. Favre makes the Jets a better team. Period. How much better is unknown. Just do not bet on them being a cake walk this year.

no, I really just meant we beat him in the AFC championship game and the Broncos basically weren't heard from for about 8 years in the 90s until the Bills faded from the picture.

Elway wasn't the best example for "tarnished", which by that I was meaning denying glory for those that the media desire to receive it (in the form of victory, not accolade). Marino and the Dolphins are obviously the best examples.

Why is it a team that won 2 games last year, all their players are better than the Bills players, and now with a new QB, they are going to the Super Bowl? I guess we will find out if one player can really carry a team.

PTR

Why is it a team that won 2 games last year, all their players are better than the Bills players, and now with a new QB, they are going to the Super Bowl? I guess we will find out if one player can really carry a team.

PTR

in fairness they brought in a platoon of overpaid veterans with a history of underachievement.

no, I really just meant we beat him in the AFC championship game and the Broncos basically weren't heard from for about 8 years in the 90s until the Bills faded from the picture.

I think you are skewing your cause/effect and time lines.

The Bills beat the Broncos in the AFCC game after the 1991 season. Eight years later, the Broncos had already won and celebrated their second SB.

Elway wasn't the best example for "tarnished", which by that I was meaning denying glory for those that the media desire to receive it (in the form of victory, not accolade). Marino and the Dolphins are obviously the best examples.

Of course, in beating Marino and the Dolphins, Buffalo had it's own media darlings such as Kelly, Thomas, B. Smith, Bennett, and even later, Flutie.

I think you are skewing your cause/effect and time lines.

The Bills beat the Broncos in the AFCC game after the 1991 season. Eight years later, the Broncos had already won and celebrated their second SB.

Of course, in beating Marino and the Dolphins, Buffalo had it's own media darlings such as Kelly, Thomas, B. Smith, Bennett, and even later, Flutie.

And yet Marino is still a Hall of Fame QB who's only blemish on his career was that he never won a SB, much like another HoF QB we all know and love

I really don't think you can give any credit to the Buffalo Bills for "tarnishing" any HoF QBs careers over the years without getting technical, and if thats the case, You can add Kelly to that list, cause the Bills didn't help his image by losing 4 SB's in a row, which is what outside of Buffalo he is most known for