Anyone else kind of hope Favre goes to the Jets?

you guys have swallowed the Favre hype whole. I don't think he's worth fearing - if anything he'll leave the Jets screwed up for years by trading too much for him and screwing up there own qb situation for the next couple years.

I, for one, love having the opportunity to destroy the image of the media darlings. To me that's a big part of being a Bills fan - beating Marino, Montana in KC, Elway, Boomer, the Dolphins generally.

you guys have swallowed the Favre hype whole. I don't think he's worth fearing - if anything he'll leave the Jets screwed up for years by trading too much for him and screwing up there own qb situation for the next couple years.

I, for one, love having the opportunity to destroy the image of the media darlings. To me that's a big part of being a Bills fan - beating Marino, Montana in KC, Elway, Boomer, the Dolphins generally.

What hype? :thumbsup: Think anything you want about what MAY happen. Right through the last game he played, he was -at worst- the 4th best QB in the league last year AND a sure-fire 1st ballot HOFer. You're being purposely blind to perpetrate anything else.

P.S. The Jets qb situation HAS BEEN screwed up for a couple years. If healthy, Favre would only make them better.

No. I don't hope he goes to the Jets.

What hype? :thumbsup: Think anything you want about what MAY happen. Right through the last game he played, he was -at worst- the 4th best QB in the league last year AND a sure-fire 1st ballot HOFer. You're being purposely blind to perpetrate anything else.

P.S. The Jets qb situation HAS BEEN screwed up for a couple years. If healthy, Favre would only make them better.

disagree completely. why do you think the Pack doesn't want him? Did you see him against the Giants in the second half? Total collapse. Do you remember the two to three seasons before last year? Interception machine. He'll be going into a new place with new terminology and worse supporting cast (the Jets, the Bucks its more of a push). Plus basically negligible offseason preparation (whereas last year he trained for 6 weeks with special trainers to work on his timing and his conditioning). Personally I'm predicting a trainwreck situation.

obviously I agree he's a 1st ballot HOF, but he hasn't played like one with any consistency (besides last year) for about 5 years.

Exactly, couldn't say it any better myself

If my choice is facing the Jets with Favre, or the Jets with Pennington, Clemmons, Ainge and Ratliff, I think I will take my chance facing any of the last four over a guy who carried the Packers on his back last year to the NFC championship.

People do realise he is an NFL veteran of many years, and doesn't need as much prep time, even with a new system that they will probably cater to him the second he arrives, he will be fine to start the season and is a huge upgrade over the mess they have now.

Favre makes the Jets much better. Remember, its not like the Packers team Brett is coming from is choked full of Pro Bowl veterans, they were one of, if not the youngest teams in the league the past few years.

two games this year where we'd get the chance to end his career properly.

Hell ...

No.

Favre may not be the QB he was 10 years ago, but he is a big upgrade over what the Jets have now. I would like to see the Jets get worse, not better.

I think it would be a huge distraction for them. They have a lot of new players and the media circus around here would be absolutely insane if favre came, he wouldn't have much time to learn the playbook, and it would be hard for everyone to stay focused. There would also now be a ton of pressure on a team that no one expects much from right now. It could work out for the best. And he does throw a lot of picks. I'm not exactly hoping for it, but I could see how it could work to our advantage.

disagree completely. why do you think the Pack doesn't want him? Did you see him against the Giants in the second half? Total collapse.

It's not like had any help from his running game, or his defense, who couldn't get off the field (almost a carbon copy of the Bills-Giants SB where the Giants had a 2:1 TOP ratio to the Bills). And the last real football game I saw played, the Giants' defense was totally shutting down the "greatest offense in NFL history." Yet by getting rid of Favre, the Packers will now be favorites to get to, much less win, the SB, because Rodgers WON'T "totally collapse?" Yeah, right. :thumbsup:

The Packers will miss the playoffs because a) Rodgers will suck and/or b) Rodgers will get hurt. And as a result, Thompson and McCarthy will get fired, if not killed by some rabid Packers fan, and Rodgers will be cut in the off-season.

It's not like had any help from his running game, or his defense, who couldn't get off the field (almost a carbon copy of the Bills-Giants SB where the Giants had a 2:1 TOP ratio to the Bills). And the last real football game I saw played, the Giants' defense was totally shutting down the "greatest offense in NFL history." Yet by getting rid of Favre, the Packers will now be favorites to get to, much less win, the SB, because Rodgers WON'T "totally collapse?" Yeah, right. :thumbsup:

The Packers will miss the playoffs because a) Rodgers will suck and/or b) Rodgers will get hurt. And as a result, Thompson and McCarthy will get fired, if not killed by some rabid Packers fan, and Rodgers will be cut in the off-season.

he threw a ball basically as high as he could in a panic with his eyes closed with the game in the balance. Shockingly it was intercepted. True about the other stuff though.

I think it would make beating the Jets a lot more fun.

Honestly, there's a part of me that would just like to see him play the Bills twice, because he's a legend and I haven't seen his games against our boys.

I was at the game against the packers in '06. It was pretty insane, about 20,000 cheeseheads who followed Favre to every away game that year for his "final season" were there. Favre handed us the game with picks to fletcher (pick 6) and Simpson (in the endzone) when we couldn't stop the pass rush or the running game.

OK, how many times has Brett Favre actually contacted the media? They are making far more out of this than it actually is. He was hoping to be released, but he wasn't making a huge stink out of it- his request just happened to be trumpeted by E-SPIN at least 4-5 times per hour. He wants to play football, nothing more nothing less. He wanted to be on a team in a certain division, nothing wrong with that, but the Packers don't have to accomodate him on the team he goes to.

he threw a ball basically as high as he could in a panic with his eyes closed with the game in the balance. Shockingly it was intercepted. True about the other stuff though.

I agree that that INT was bad. But by all accounts, the game should have ended in regulation but the snap was high and Tynes missed it. With even an average running game, the Packers would have won that game. Again that's more a testament to the Giants' defense. And I'm glad with how things turned out, since I don't know if the Packers would have beaten the Patriots.