just pay peters

I'm sick of reading that peters isn't honoring his contract. Would you? He's one of the premier LTs in the NFL and he's being paid like a backup TE for gods sake. In a business where one injury means no more money, you're cut, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You need to fight when there is justification. In jason's case, he deserves to be paid. Period point blank...I was jus' bein' rebellion. One da' dumbest decisions I ever made. Uhhh, sorry. I was channelling pacman. Really tho- Pay Peters!!!!!!!!! The fans deserve it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put, if you're under contract, you show the f*ck up to camp, if you want a better contract because you KNOW you're going to produce down the road, prove it now, and get your money when you answer you're damn phone and stop pulling the silent treatment.

Don't be like my ex-girlfriend and ruin a damn good thing.

Simply put, if you're under contract, you show the f*ck up to camp, if you want a better contract because you KNOW you're going to produce down the road, prove it now, and get your money when you answer you're damn phone and stop pulling the silent treatment.

Don't be like my ex-girlfriend and ruin a damn good thing.

Easy Brock-

I think we can all agree that he's proven his worth a bit more than langston walker. Sorry for breaking up your relationship...it was worth it tho :cry:

I don't think he should go. Why? So he can blow out his knee and get squat? F that

I don't think he should get paid squat if he does not go. And if he is going to blow out the knee why give him a raise and ANOTHER signing bonus Bills will need to sign replacement.

As long as he can hold out for a raise he can do it every year and is rewarded for it he feels being underpaid. Bills took a chance in him using a slot for a player not much more than a practice player. He decided to negotiate early like Travis Henry did and take less for more guarenteed two years ago; he should sue his agent for malpractice or incompetence first.

I'm sick of reading that peters isn't honoring his contract. Would you? He's one of the premier LTs in the NFL and he's being paid like a backup TE for gods sake. In a business where one injury means no more money, you're cut, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You need to fight when there is justification. In jason's case, he deserves to be paid. Period point blank...I was jus' bein' rebellion. One da' dumbest decisions I ever made. Uhhh, sorry. I was channelling pacman. Really tho- Pay Peters!!!!!!!!! The fans deserve it.

Peters does deserve to be paid more if he continues to play at the level he did last year and/or better. However, since he is not preparing for the upcoming season like the rest of the team and may not be willing to play, he is worth absolutely nothing in terms of compensation. As far as I'm concerned, he has zero leverage in this thing and fukk him if he continues to holdout. I'd rather the Bills go on without him than cave into his ploy. He can sit and rot for 3 years. The friggin owners should simply adopt a policy not to negotiate with any player that holds out.

If Peters wants to blame anyone, he should blame his agent for not negotiating greater incentives into his previous deal if he made the pro-bowl or otherwise outperformed the agreement.

Get a new agent, Jason. Your guy didn't serve you well 2 years ago and isn't serving you well now.

I think all the little girls crying over Peters should unknot their panties and relax. The guy makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate once and he's now god's gift to football?

The answer is always "just pay the man", ain't it? Doesn't matter what the circumstances. Doesn't matter how many years he has left on his deal. Doesn't matter how a player behaves toward his team. Doesn't matter what it might do to your team down the road. Just break out the checkbook and write lots of zeroes. Don't think five minutes into future much less next year.

Ding! Another Hot Pocket is served.

PTR

I think all the little girls crying over Peters should unknot their panties and relax. The guy makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate once and he's now god's gift to football?

The answer is always "just pay the man", ain't it? Doesn't matter what the circumstances. Doesn't matter how many years he has left on his deal. Doesn't matter how a player behaves toward his team. Doesn't matter what it might do to your team down the road. Just break out the checkbook and write lots of zeroes. Don't think five minutes into future much less next year.

Ding! Another Hot Pocket is served.

PTR

DANG You Are 0N the Money!

Nn, no and no!

Peters just resigned last season. If the Bils buckle in to his agents demands then every player that has a decent to good season will want a new contract yearly.

If Peters holds out and the Bills succeed (with a soft schedule) he's screwing himself.

Nn, no and no!

Peters just resigned last season. If the Bils buckle in to his agents demands then every player that has a decent to good season will want a new contract yearly.

If Peters holds out and the Bills succeed (with a soft schedule) he's screwing himself.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Players accross the NFL demand new contracts. Obviously, one must be good to do so, and the Bills simply have not had many star players in the last 10 or so years. Certainly there were none at Left, or even Right Tackle, other than Jason Peters. This has been a major factor in our playoff draught.

Now, he is being paid far less than a Guard who is good, and a Center who gets tossed around like a frisbee. You tell me....if Losman was a pro bowl qb, ya think he would have wanted more money? How about Whitner, who is a walking publicity machine, and he is a freaking safety?

This entire episode is silly, wrong, and not worth throwing away the season for. Enough harm was done in terms of practices, etc. Ralph has plenty of money, and Bills Fans deserve a winning team.

Do we really need yet another thread about this topic ?

Of Course, this one was different the the hundreds of others, plus he provided such great reasons on why the Bills should just sign him to whatever he wants

its simple, the Bills have publically said that they have not had any extensive discussions with Peters and they said if he shows up to Training camp and wants to talk, they will talk, until then, they have nothing to discuss. Response from Peters and his agent, crickets

Someone forgot to tell his agent the proper way to negotiate, you don't go straight into playing hardball.

Step 1 - Call the Bills and make your demands

Step 2 - Show up with a smile on your face to manditory offseason events (if you really want to impress, show up not optional ones too to show you are a team player)

Step 3 - Open discussions with Management after meet their demands (i.e. show up and take part and ask for a new deal)

Step 4 - If they refuse to budge on the negotiations, threaten to hold out

Step 5 - If they continue to refuse to budge, Hold out

Step 6 - Continue to hold out til they will redo your deal, or ask to be traded to somewhere who will

Usually, it never goes past step 3 and 4 for a player like Peters, if the steps before it are followed. And at that point, the tables are turned and you have the leverage because you have done exactly what they asked you to do.

Unfortunatly, Peters agent must have skipped the chapters in his agent manual that had steps 1 thru 4 and he just went to step 5.

No one here is saying he doesn't deserve to get a new deal, people just don't agree that the Bills should just cave immediatly because he has decided to hold out. Thats not the way to run a successfu buisness (well it is if you want to run it directly into the ground). The first thing he should do is get rid of this agent, cause he isn't doing him, or his other clients (seems to be a trend this year that this guy is pulling this with most of his clients) a favor. If he was a better agent, he wouldn't have signed the long term deal 2 years ago, or he would have negotiated a better deal with incentives for moving to LT, a move they obviously knew was going to happen. Now why is it the Bills problem that his agent didn't have the foresight to work some things like that into the deal?

If he was a better agent, he wouldn't have signed the long term deal 2 years ago, or he would have negotiated a better deal with incentives for moving to LT, a move they obviously knew was going to happen. Now why is it the Bills problem that his agent didn't have the foresight to work some things like that into the deal?

I disagree. Peters was playing RT, and if I recall (not sure), playing for the NFL minimum. In this sense, the Bills have already saved a ton of money on him. They spent it on the likes of Kyle Williams, Josh Reed, Brad Butler, and other linemen to whom Peters is clearly superior.

Jeff Backus signed a 6 year/40 million contract 2 years ago! He is not even almost as good as Peters, to say nothing of potential greatness. This is a special case, or so I think.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Players accross the NFL demand new contracts. Obviously, one must be good to do so, and the Bills simply have not had many star players in the last 10 or so years. Certainly there were none at Left, or even Right Tackle, other than Jason Peters. This has been a major factor in our playoff draught.

Now, he is being paid far less than a Guard who is good, and a Center who gets tossed around like a frisbee. You tell me....if Losman was a pro bowl qb, ya think he would have wanted more money? How about Whitner, who is a walking publicity machine, and he is a freaking safety?

This entire episode is silly, wrong, and not worth throwing away the season for. Enough harm was done in terms of practices, etc. Ralph has plenty of money, and Bills Fans deserve a winning team.

And yet even with that Pro Bowl LT, the Bills were no closer to ending that Playoff draught last season

No one is saying he is wrong asking for more money, or that not other player would do this. The problem is the way he is going about doing it. The Bills have made it clear, show up to TC and we will talk, otherwise they have nothing to say. So what does he do? Stays at home and collects fines. If he shows up to training camp and they refuse to talk, or shows up and they get to a stalemate in the negotiations, then you leave and sit out. Atleast you met their demands and have leverage, and make the Bills look bad.

Also, everyone is already declaring the season over if Peters can't play, but we haven't even seen what Walker can do at LT, or what Chambers can do at RT. Walker might not be a Pro Bowl LT, but we don't know what he can do, if he can just hold his own there, the Bills might not be in that bad of shape.

I don't think he should go. Why? So he can blow out his knee and get squat? F that

And from the Bills point of view...

Pay him before he gets to camp. Why? So he can blow out his knee because he's out of shape? F that

Every player should get a new high money contract after a good season.

And a cut in pay for a poor season...

LOL... :cry: